Campaign: Invasion of Arendia

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

I have put the newly inaccessable units images and .cfgs in the IoA folder, but there is a problem, I connot upload the new version as I am stuck at school (for the next three weeks, depending on weather I can get home on some of the Sundays) and their firewall blocks the campaign server :evil:
Mustelid

Post by Mustelid »

Ranger M wrote:I have put the newly inaccessable units images and .cfgs in the IoA folder, but there is a problem, I connot upload the new version as I am stuck at school (for the next three weeks, depending on weather I can get home on some of the Sundays) and their firewall blocks the campaign server :evil:
Since this seems to be a pretty regular problem for you, would it be possible to send the latest version to other people on here via email or something, so that they can upload it? Or does your school's firewall screw that up too?

I'm not exactly volunteering, I should point out - I would, but I've got no idea whatsoever how to upload to the campaign server. I think that a lot of people are really enjoying the campaign and are hence eager to see the latest versions, though, so it might be worth a shot...
devadip

Post by devadip »

I can't find the files on my
PB G4 1.5 GHz 1 Go Ram OS X.3.9
:evil:
Imac G5 1.9 GHz 1 Go Ram OS X.4.10 (The Tiger)
PB G4 1.5 GHz 1 Go Ram OS X.3.9 (Panther)
Skizzaltix

Post by Skizzaltix »

I am very sorry this is late, but here is my edited text for 'Border Disturbance':

[part]
music=wesnoth-1.ogg
story= _ "After Reth's first kill, aged fourteen, he quickly earned a reputation among the bandits, and was soon given command of the camp outside the Fortress that had been Jack's until he retired."
background=Bandit_Fortress.bmp
[/part]
[part]
music=wesnoth-1.ogg
story= _ "From here he managed the food supplies, as all the hunters (or in the Crown's eyes, poachers) lived in this camp, the training grounds and the outer defences of the fortress."
background=Bandit_Fortress_Defences.bmp
[/part]
[/story]

[message]
description=Reth
message= _ "Turlin, look, we are being attacked by the Black Hand gang. I can see them pouring off the north road from Barnabon now."
[/message]
[message]
description=Turlin
image=portraits/Shadow_elder.png
message= _ "Again they challenge our borders(you'd have thought they learned their lesson last year)."
[/message]
[message]
description=Reth
message= _ "Hey, when was that fort built? I swear it wasn't there a minuite ago."
[/message]
[message]
description=Ferrock
image=portraits/Shadow_Lord.png
message= _ "Your elder is no longer the only one with magic in these parts! Flee before my might! See how I hid this fort's construction from your eyes. It is but a fraction of my true power."
[/message]
[message]
description=Turlin
message= _ "Oh dear, looks like he has been overwhelmed by the magic he tried to control, and has gone mad. Oh well, it makes no difference--we were going to kill him anyway. Luckily it looks like he decided to keep his knowledge of magic to himself, I see no other mages in this group."
[/message]
[message]
description=Turlin
message= _ "Remember you cannot recruit mages. However you can get thieves which can backstab the enemy if one of your units is on the other side, doing double the damage. Also you can recruit poachers and footpads because all the hunters live in your area not the actual fortress, (more convinient), however you cannot recruit any bandits with real experience because they all live in the fortress."
[/message]
[message]
description=Turlin
message= _ "Footpads make excellent scouts and are good for capturing villages and holding them, although they are relatively weak. Poachers have a good ranged attack and so are great against thieves and thugs. Also we have limited supplies because it is just after winter so make this quick."
[/message]
[message]
description=Reth
message= _ "Who are you?"
[/message]
[message]
description=Teresa
message= _ "My name is Teresa, I was once a member of the Black Hand gang, and I need protection from these men. I was driven from my home in the hills when they marched here and they recognised me."
[/message]
[message]
description=Teresa
message= _ "Unfortunately, after I left I wan't too popular with them. Needless to say, they weren't too happy to see me. If you protect me I will give you information vital to your survival."
[/message]
[message]
description=Turlin
message= _ "What do you think, Reth?"
[/message]
[message]
description=Reth
message= _ "I think we should. Partially because the information might be useful. But mostly because it will piss off the black hand."
[/message]
[message]
description=Turlin
message= _ "Alright, you're in. Remain under Reth's command until the end of the battle, then we shall talk about your information."
[/message]

[event]
name=die
[filter]
description=Turlin
[/filter]
[message]
speaker=unit
message= _ "I can feel my life draining away..."
[/message]
[message]
description=Tom
image=portraits/Tom.png
message= _ "Father, no!"
[/message]
[message]
description=Matt
image=portraits/Matt.png
message= _ "Father, don't leave us!"
[/message]
[message]
description=Reth
message= _ "All is lost now!"
[/message]
[endlevel]
result=defeat
[/endlevel]
[/event]

Skizzaltix

Post by Skizzaltix »

and here is the text for 'Midnight Raiding':

music=wesnoth-1.ogg
story= _ "Teresa explained the situation to Turlin. Apparently the Black Hand were massing for an attack against them in and around Barnabon. She had learned this while she had been captured by the Black Hand group that had attacked them."
background=Bandit_Fortress_Warning.bmp
[/part]
[part]
music=wesnoth-1.ogg
story= _ "Once this had been varified by some scouts dispatched to the area, Turlin ordered the construction of extra defences and an increase in training for the fortress defenders. He was also planning several hit and run attacks, and a few raids to collect more gold to hire defenders."
background=Bandit_Fortress_Warning.bmp
[/part]
[part]
music=wesnoth-1.ogg
story= _ "Meanwhile, Turlin was more worried about the lack of food. Luckily he had heard that a trade convoy had just reached the town of Oxter loaded with gold and supplies, and was in the process of unloading. He dispatched Reth to ambush it, replenishing the supplies lost during the battle with the black hand. He also sent his two sons, Reth's childhood freinds, with Reth to advise him and so that they could get some experience in a real battle."
[objective]
description= _ "Death of Reth, Turlin, Teresa, Matt or Tom."

description=Reth
message= _ "That is all the supplies, and more. Turlins source didn't tell us that there was this much gold here. We will give this to Turlin to help him hire more defenders. But now we should go now before the aid that Sir Hoaxely sent for arrives."
[/message]

description=Sir Hoaxely
message= _ "We are under attack, men! Charge!"
[/message]

[/filter]
[message]
description=Convoy
message= _ "It's an ambush! Help us, Hoaxely, or they'll take the supplies!"
[/message]
[message]
description=Sir Hoaxely
message= _ "Protect the convoy! Send a runner to sir Guane for reinforcements, they have mages."
[/message]
[allow_recruit]
side=2
type=A-Swordsman,A-Archer,A-Druid
[/allow_recruit]
[allow_recruit]
side=3
type=A-Swordsman,A-Archer,A-Druid
[/allow_recruit]

name=start
[message]
speaker=narrator
message= _ "Reth and his Bandits arrive at Oxter."
[/message]
[message]
description=Reth
message= _ "The garrison in this area is fairly small, and they cannot recruit cavalry. This should be pretty easy, Arendia's main strength is in it's cavalry after all."
[/message]
[message]
description=Tom
image=portraits/Tom.png
message= _ "The City guard won't react until we get near them or the convoy because they won't see us in the dark. So we'll have plenty of time to prepare and capture villages."
[/message]
[message]
description=Matt
image=portraits/Matt.png
message= _ "But still, don't underestimate them because that could be your downfall. If we take too long and it becomes day they will have the advantage."
[/message]
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Mutelid: I'll ask somebody to once I pick somebody (and finish one of the two scenario which I am currently writing.

devadip: what OS are you using (windows, mac, linux, etc)

Skizzaltix: db0 is currently re-writing the dialogue for much of the campaign, basically because I am rubbish at story writing (trust me, his version is much more interesting) your corrections will be put in, but bits of it will probably be replaced when he redoes those scenarios. Any help you can offer is still apprechiated, but I thought that I should tell you about the upcoming changes.
devadip

Post by devadip »

Mac OS X.3.9 (Panther)
Imac G5 1.9 GHz 1 Go Ram OS X.4.10 (The Tiger)
PB G4 1.5 GHz 1 Go Ram OS X.3.9 (Panther)
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

go to (located in where ever you installed the main wesnoth files to*)

Code: Select all

Wesnoth/data/campaigns
there will be some folders with images in. For the Orcish soverign problem, go the Son_of_the_Black_Eye (or similarly named folder), then images adn copy all instances of the orcish soverign from that file.

Next goto ** then data, then campaigns, then the Invasion_of_Arendia folder. From here go to images and paste the orc soverign images into there.

Next return to the Son_of_the_Black_Eye folder, and go to units, and copy the folder named Orcish_Soverign.cfg. Now return to the Invasion of Arendian Folder, and, again, choose units intead of images, then paste it in.

Voila, the Saving Thrashan Scenaio should work.

* I think that this is accessable thought the icon somehow one mac (help me here scott please)

** could scott say where this is as I don't know, (same applies for other if it isn't accessable through the icon)
scott

Post by scott »

- Game data folder for a Mac:
right click or control-click on the application icon
select "show package contents"
go to Contents > Resources > data

- Userdata folder for a Mac:
~/Library/Preferences/Wesnoth/data/

if you compiled it yourself, then it's in ~/.wesnoth/data
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Skizzaltix

Post by Skizzaltix »

Ranger M wrote:
Skizzaltix: db0 is currently re-writing the dialogue for much of the campaign, basically because I am rubbish at story writing (trust me, his version is much more interesting) your corrections will be put in, but bits of it will probably be replaced when he redoes those scenarios. Any help you can offer is still apprechiated, but I thought that I should tell you about the upcoming changes.
Okay.
db0

Post by db0 »

I haven't followed this discussion. Should I use skizaltix's version instead of yours?
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Skizzaltix's version is basically a effort to fix my terrible grammer (if I remember correctly, although I don't have time to check right now, so if Skizzaltix could say weather I am right or not then it would be helpful).

So basically use Skizzaltix's because it will be a much easier read (and possibly have better text) :D
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Are you maintaining the 1.1 version of the campaign? Or should I use the 1.0 version?

Also, given the fact that Arendia is not located anywhere near Wesnoth, you should probably change the first line of the campaign... ;)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

changed the first line in my version, and soon to be changed on the wiki.

The 1.0 version is on hold, and won't recive any updates untill I have a finished product on 1.1, as I cannot be bothered to maintain two campaigns at once.

I am actually begginning to work on this again (I have been doing a lot of art recently) and have begun to work on another scenario, but I have little time and so you'll need to be patient.

ps, skilzzatix could you edit out "near wesnoth" from the first line when you update this.
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

released version 0.0.3, basically this is just a bug fix, there is nothing new.