Forest of Fear

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

toms

Post by toms »

:idea: why not make more multiplayer-map-campaigns?
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!
Emmanovi

Post by Emmanovi »

I have tried again.... No ALMA.

I can level up ONCE, then there is xp 0/- and a change only in max health. No damage.
If white was black and black was white, what would happen to zebra crossings?
lu_zero

Post by lu_zero »

It's missing the id and description tag
lu_zero

Post by lu_zero »

try setting it to 0 or just 200 or such
Emmanovi

Post by Emmanovi »

I don't understand, sorry....

Code: Select all

id=Nasty_Assassin
unit_description= _ "Assassins are--- *description writer dies*"
Where are they missing?
toms

Post by toms »

I don´t understand, sorry...
Somebody´s going to describe this assasin while the assasin kills him :twisted:

AMLA works well at my Wesnoth (1.0)
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!
Emmanovi

Post by Emmanovi »

Toms, I know about that...

And I can't figure this out... I'll try after the 1.0.2 is installed.

EDIT: Tried, and it STILL doesn't work. I haven't a clue why not.

Could it be something with the OS? Or build of Wesnoth?
kshinji

Post by kshinji »

Wow! This is great scenario!

Letting them kill themselves leads to one guy who you are unable to kill.

1. You must kill one guy: either dwarf or loyalist. You will have a distanced place to go healing. And you won't be bothered even if you heal yourself at day.

2. Than you should better kill the other guy from those two, so you won't have to pass the river when the last guy is to being killed.

3. When there is a lrage piece of terrain without any units, go there and take villages: guys will send there 1-3 weak units, and you can milk easily.

4. You must make such situation appear: one guy with about 3 times more troops and vils then the other one, and you in the forest near his castle. And better ensure he has not enough villages to buy more than 1 unit per turn. You will kill him, and let his troops keep the other guy at his castle, not taking villages.

5. My first try on easy nearly lost. I was left with elf who had about 66% of all vils, and maybe 100 units on most places at map. I just charged through half of map during the day, and i killed green leader. But it was really a fatal blow:, i had small chances, but was lucky to kill him without being killed before.

6. When doing such fatal blow: it is okay especially at elves castle: take place, where only 2 units can attack you. Guy is so stupid, that he will leave his hero in castle, instead of moving him away, and serrounding you with horde of units.

7. Play this as ma y times as you can - it's awesome!
User:Kshinji
Probably there's no point for me posting here, but i'll raise my PC to 1337 before leaving again ;P -- just kidding.
Mustelid

Post by Mustelid »

This is a lot of fun, albeit fiendishly difficult. I have played it far more than is good for me. A few observations:

1) Working out the order to kill leaders in is kind of crucial. (I'm too impatient to let them kill each other off, and it seems not to be in the spirit of the thing). If you let the elves, undead or dwarves get too strong it can become impossible to reach the final leader.

2) It's in your interest to stop any one side proliferating. Knocking off the strongest side is ideal, because hopefully the survivors will hold out and distract your other opponents.

3) The orcs and loyalists rarely do well. The orcs are trapped in limited space between the two strongest sides, and the loyalists always seem to advance too quickly, get strung out and isolated. However, the orc leader tends to stay alive for quite a while, sometimes levelling up. This can be really useful - it gives your final target something else to deal with. Take any chance you can to help the orcs. The one time I've won this, the dwarves killed the orc leader the turn before I killed the dwarf lord.

4) I hate woses. I really, really hate woses. It is no fun getting a taste of your own ambushes, and they're bloody persistent in hunting you down after you kill the elf leader. Even when you count how many woses there are and work out where they might possibly be, three or four of them can make your life impossible. Once you've got away from them, though, they stay alive forever, level up and are awesome distractions for the other sides.

5) This only really works because the AI is so deeply stupid about poison. I dunno; maybe it gets more savvy about it at higher levels.
Clint Eastwood

Post by Clint Eastwood »

This campaign is boring.
"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it. "
Clint Eastwood
Keelta MacRonan
Location: At Helm's Deep,assisting in the final defence of the Hornburg

Post by Keelta MacRonan »

Clint Eastwood wrote:This campaign is boring.
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: It's a heckload of fun!
My name is Ozymandias, King of kings,
Look on my works, Ye Mighty, And despair!
-Percy Bysshe Shelley
romnajin wrote:She's a hippy nature girl that lives with animals, she's not supposed to be sexy, you can save that for the high elves.
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

Gents, this here gentleman his himself convinced he's Clint Eastwood. A rather distrubing delusion, isn't it, pilgrim?

I got harried to death by the Loyalist when I tried this first. I really should try again, because it seems to be a good deal of fun.

(And I would think Eastwood here would get the idea after the results of his last intrusion...)
Clint Eastwood

Post by Clint Eastwood »

Sorry to disapoint you, Maeglin Dubh, but this one comment had nothing to do with my mentioned incorporated persona.

Sure it's interesting to be able to get +1 str and dexterity and +5 hp on every level up to the point where you become a god that kills your defenseless and weaklings enemies with one hit, but the lack of challenge make this campaign extremely boring. Not to mention, and mentioning, that you remains aways on level 2, meaning your enemie won't get any more experience points than this same number after engaging with battle against you.

There is no fog of war, what makes you lose huge amounts of time being obliged to see five different npcs making their moves, wich are useless to you since this campaign also have no strategy, your only objective is to hide at day, kill at night, and try not to get yourself overwhelmingly surrounded.

The damage bonus comes to a frustrating point of becoming useless since with the melee marksman skill - wich by the way is the stupidest thing I have ever seen on melee attacks since the magical attacks from the fire sword of heir to the throne and on the shadow lord - you aways kill an enemy with 2 hits, meaning you will aways have 65% of killing almost all enemies, no matter how amazing strong you get. I bet you can get to turn 200 after a tiring gameplay and bloodbath, and still have only 65% chance of killing an enemy.

After sometime it's hard to prevent one enemie from getting killed, what will make the balance between them become unbalanced, and therefore one will get more villages and slaughter the other ones. And you'll have no other choice other than having to kill him, and later all of them due to the same principle, to prevent him from taking over all the map and treat your deity domain.

Anyway, the idea of making a campaing that is played by only one unit is a good one, although it needs to be worked on, at least if Elvish Pillager wants to catch the attention of non-boring-map-players audience.

I hope this one comment doesn't get deleted due to lack of explaining like the first comment I made about the boringness of this campaing (otherwise known by Maeglin Dubh as my "last intrusion").
Thank you.
"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it. "
Clint Eastwood
Lord_Aether

Post by Lord_Aether »

Ha, finished it on Hard. Great fun... Ended up killing 5 of the 6 leaders myself.
Mac OS X 10.5.7
Wesnoth 1.6.2