New Campaign: Invasion of Eliador

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ave

Post by Ave »

There could be some obstacles in the main map too, a wolf, or something like that.
genosuke

Post by genosuke »

Hmm... I thought the dragon had enough HP to survive one shark bite. I'll make the sharks a little weaker, and maybe the sea creature from the Balas map can come and distract the sharks after you get the gold.
blackdeathgr

Post by blackdeathgr »

IMHO...
1)At the Balas map i think that the sea serpent should appear as soon as one of the kids reach water, not a particular hex.
2)There should be some more hints or the option of retreat in each campaign.
3)The sharks do awfully much damage. Maybe decrease it for Ardella to be killed in two bites?
4)I have completed all of the maps but i still cannot enter the area with the rock(cave wall) in front.
5)At the map with the villages i have traded the dragon for the elf mages but when i go to the central map they don't appear.
This is the feedback by me. (Normal difficulty played)
genosuke

Post by genosuke »

1)At the Balas map i think that the sea serpent should appear as soon as one of the kids reach water, not a particular hex.
Good idea. Will do.
2)There should be some more hints or the option of retreat in each campaign.
There will be a retreat option for each scenario that might depend on the completion of other scenarios.
3)The sharks do awfully much damage. Maybe decrease it for Ardella to be killed in two bites?
I'm thinking about making the sharks attack the last unit to move on the bridge.
4)I have completed all of the maps but i still cannot enter the area with the rock(cave wall) in front.
That's because that map isn't complete. It will be a game of othello with Ardella's units on one side and a dark sorcerer's units on the other.
5)At the map with the villages i have traded the dragon for the elf mages but when i go to the central map they don't appear.
Weird. I'll look into it.
genosuke

Post by genosuke »

Can someone please help me test the Othello scenario? I think it's working okay, but I'm not sure if I tried every possible move. The new version of the campaign is on the server and attached is a save game (just move Ardella to Illien).

The only units you can control are two skeletal dragons. Move one of them along the column and the other along the row (see attached image). When you end your turn, one of your units will appear in the hex corresponding to the column and row.
Attachments
othello.zip
Save game for Othello of Illien
(5.86 KiB) Downloaded 411 times
How to make a move
How to make a move
eliador.othello.jpg (24.62 KiB) Viewed 5302 times
blackdeathgr

Post by blackdeathgr »

Played it twice. Othello is pretty good IMHO. But isn't it pity that you have to sacrifice your living men for the undead? I would prefer that you are given some of the undead for your army and not exchanging your living men.
Other than that i have a question: Can i continue playing with a previous saved game to the newest version of your campaign? Because all i get is this black rock, even if i have downloaded your newest version.
Oh, and the AI for Othello have you programmed yourself? Very good indeed!
Overall very imaginative campaign!
claus

Post by claus »

blackdeathgr wrote:Other than that i have a question: Can i continue playing with a previous saved game to the newest version of your campaign? Because all i get is this black rock, even if i have downloaded your newest version.
Savegames are not updated when you update a campaign. (This means if you have a midscenario savegame and you update the campaign nothing will change, if you have a beginning of scenario savegame the savegame will load the new scenario (if the scenario id did not change))
martenzo

Post by martenzo »

Error: scenario not found:familyhome
me: Welcome to the real world. If everyone says your art and opinions suck, it's because they DO suck. Even if you're too damned proud/stupid/both to realize it.
danny_california: yep keep telling fairy tales.
genosuke

Post by genosuke »

Can i continue playing with a previous saved game to the newest version of your campaign?
Sorry, I probably should have mentioned that each new version will likely have to be played from the beginning. But, I'll edit your savegame if you post it.
Oh, and the AI for Othello have you programmed yourself? Very good indeed!
I programmed the AI to play like me. So, thanks. :)
But isn't it pity that you have to sacrifice your living men for the undead?
Sorry, that's the law of Illien ;)
No idea why you're getting that error. I didn't change the scenario id.
blackdeathgr

Post by blackdeathgr »

Here is my saved game, so feel free to edit it. It needs the elf mages that haven't appear after i have exchanged the dragon for them and it needs the updated version of your campaign to include the othello game. Feel free though to post the edited save after you have totally finished your campaign in order not to change it again.
keep up the good work!!
By the way i am currently reading some plays from Shakespeare so if you want i can give you plenty of ideas for new campaigns.
blackdeathgr

Post by blackdeathgr »

Here it is
blackdeathgr

Post by blackdeathgr »

Grr! I seem i have a problem about sending my saved game...
UltimaX

Post by UltimaX »

hmm,.. it's pretty nice,.. and i like the gameboard idea :D :D
although i guess you should make the sharks a bit less powerful,.. like 65 neutral,...
and one other thing,.. i managed to finish all the maps,.. and now i'm back on the main map where the objectives have changed to : Kill all the Invaders,.. problem is,.. i don't c any invaders to kill,...
Overall: a very nice one ,.. looking forward to the final edit
a.k.a Computer Player
martenzo

Post by martenzo »

genosuke wrote:
No idea why you're getting that error. I didn't change the scenario id.
Well, i checked it out myself too, nothing seems to be wrong, but I still get the error. I'm using linux, so my locations can be a little different from yours (because you are probably using mac or windows)
me: Welcome to the real world. If everyone says your art and opinions suck, it's because they DO suck. Even if you're too damned proud/stupid/both to realize it.
danny_california: yep keep telling fairy tales.
genosuke

Post by genosuke »

There's a new version (still incomplete) on the server that might fix your problem, martenzo. I'm using linux too, btw, but I guess your locations might be different.