New Campaign: Invasion of Eliador

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

genosuke

Post by genosuke »

In the Othello scenario i lost a lot units which were not taking part in the scenario
Thanks for pointing that out. I'll upload a new version (0.9.2) that fixes the problem.
One more point: I think i run out of units, because no unit was placed on the last spot (Watching a replay: My castle was empty except Ardella, no unit was placed on the spot, but i gained controll over a skeleton)
I guess you probably should have more than 18 units to play othello. As a temporary fix, I'll ensure that you can't use invisible units.
HaJo
Inactive Developer

Post by HaJo »

I'll upload a new version (0.9.2) that fixes the problem.
The version-number is not shown in the campaign-description.

All savegames are named "Land_of_Zilead_TurnXX".
It would be more useful if they would have a name with a scenario-part,
e.g. "Land_of_Zilead-Mt_Sinon_TurnXX".
-HaJo
scott

Post by scott »

Is there any particular strategy for rescuing Zilead on the island? My sea serpent can pick off some of the guards, but because it has to heal between guards I run out of turns. Any attempt to venture onto land before going down to 1 or 0 guards is basically futile.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
HaJo
Inactive Developer

Post by HaJo »

scott wrote:Is there any particular strategy for rescuing Zilead on the island? My sea serpent can
pick off some of the guards, but because it has to heal between guards I run out of turns
Attacking at night, and healing during the day in the village on the other island worked for me (on normal).
Maybe the dragon would be useful here, but then no elves would be available for the battle on the shore...
-HaJo
Oliphant

Post by Oliphant »

You can have the dragon and the elves. The tradeoff is the dragon for the three enchantresses. I kept the dragon, and had both elves and the dragon when I did the island rescue. I think the dragon's level 5 leadership is probably worth more than 3 enchantresses.

If you have skeletons available as well as the elves when you do this, seizing the island is easy -- just walk skeletons over. But probably just dragon and sea monster could wipe all the defenders.
bignall

Mount Sinon

Post by bignall »

Every time I try to go to get the horsemen, the game crashes (Segmentation Fault). Any idea what might be causing this and how to fix it? I'm using Wesnoth 1.1.2 on Linux with the newest version off the campaign server.
Skizzaltix

Post by Skizzaltix »

I think the Mt Simeone scenario is way too hard--on normal I can get three horses at the most.

Also, in Othello of Ilien, I crushed the mad sorcerer and the only units he had left were two skeletons, but he didn't help me against Randalf. Do I need to take all his skellies?
Oliphant

Post by Oliphant »

I got 5 or 6 horses on normal but it was after about that many tries. All the first times through I lost one of the kids. The lava goes really fast at the end it seems. If you bring the kids out to just under 1/2 way, they can help bring back a couple horses that will get you up from 3 to 5 at least. If they go to past about 1/2 way they will die.
username

Problems with campaign?

Post by username »

I just downloaded the latest Eliador campaign from the campaign server.

When I try to start it, I get the following error message:

no valid cache found. Writing cache to '/home/jesse/.wesnoth/cache/game.cfg-cach
e-v1.1.4-CAMPAIGN_ELIADOR-MEDIUM-NORMAL'
error config: preprocessor symbol 'MOVE_UNIT' expects 3 arguments, but has 5 arguments at 206 /home/jesse/.wesnoth/data/campaigns/Eliador/scenarios/eliador-bala
s.cfg 33 /home/jesse/.wesnoth/data/campaigns//Eliador.cfg
error reading user campaign
'/home/jesse/.wesnoth/data/campaigns//Eliador.cfg'
error general: The following add-on campaign(s) had errors and could not be loaded:
/home/jesse/.wesnoth/data/campaigns//Eliador.cfg
ERROR DETAILS:
Missing closing tag for tag message at /home/jesse/.wesnoth/data/campaigns/Eliador/scenarios/eliador-balas.cfg:165 included from /home/jesse/.wesnoth/data/campaigns//Eliador.cfg:33 at /home/jesse/.wesnoth/data/campaigns/Eliador/scenarios/eliador-balas.cfg:167 included from /home/jesse/.wesnoth/data/campaigns//Eliador.cfg:33

Thanks.
vonHalenbach
Translator

Re: Problems with campaign?

Post by vonHalenbach »

username wrote:I just downloaded the latest Eliador campaign from the campaign server.

When I try to start it, I get the following error message:

no valid cache found. Writing cache to '/home/jesse/.wesnoth/cache/game.cfg-cach
e-v1.1.4-CAMPAIGN_ELIADOR-MEDIUM-NORMAL'
error config: preprocessor symbol 'MOVE_UNIT' expects 3 arguments, but has 5 arguments at 206 /home/jesse/.wesnoth/data/campaigns/Eliador/scenarios/eliador-bala
s.cfg 33 /home/jesse/.wesnoth/data/campaigns//Eliador.cfg
error reading user campaign
'/home/jesse/.wesnoth/data/campaigns//Eliador.cfg'
error general: The following add-on campaign(s) had errors and could not be loaded:
/home/jesse/.wesnoth/data/campaigns//Eliador.cfg
ERROR DETAILS:
Missing closing tag for tag message at /home/jesse/.wesnoth/data/campaigns/Eliador/scenarios/eliador-balas.cfg:165 included from /home/jesse/.wesnoth/data/campaigns//Eliador.cfg:33 at /home/jesse/.wesnoth/data/campaigns/Eliador/scenarios/eliador-balas.cfg:167 included from /home/jesse/.wesnoth/data/campaigns//Eliador.cfg:33

Thanks.
Yeah, i get the same with 1.1.9 :(
Would this campaign be ported to WML 1.1 ?
Can i help with that?
Greetings
Stefan
EarthCake

Re: New Campaign: Invasion of Eliador

Post by EarthCake »

(1.15.2)
Abbreviation of this campaign has a typo: Ediador -> Eliador

S1:
First story misses fullstop.
exausted -> exhausted
"No it is not possible..." -> "No, it is not possible..."
aproaching up -> approaching us

Taking the middle path (Woods of Glorienda):
woods of glorienda -> Woods of Glorienda (capital letters)
surrelly -> surely

Objectives are unclear to me: do I have to persuade more elves than Lucien? Or I just have to take as much as possible elves?

I cannot undo in this scenario.
Ardella has 7 MP which makes her able to get behind elves and take villages.
Whatever I do all elves board the ship.
Shiki
Developer

Post by Shiki »

Thanks, I pushed the typo fixes.

When you visit a village in Glorienda, it gets +1 village scale. If you stay for a turn on a village, it doesn't increase anymore.
In the end, you get a unit with the level of the village scale in some later scenario.
Try out the dark board theme.
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Is there anyone can complete scenario "Beach of Balas"?
Now I am stuck at this scenario after killing all enemy fencers, but how cross the sea before rescuing human prisoners?
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
jyrierik

Post by jyrierik »

DukeSwampy wrote: March 16th, 2020, 7:08 am Is there anyone can complete scenario "Beach of Balas"?
Now I am stuck at this scenario after killing all enemy fencers, but how cross the sea before rescuing human prisoners?
Without being TOO obvious about it, what do the kids want to check out in the opening dialog?

Jyri Erik
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Mount Sinon
to join us -> to join us.

Invasion of Eliador
CTRL + B -> CTRL + E

Glorendia Elves
The progress bar of convincing the elves in a village is completly missing.

Zileads Treasure
repell this fool -> repel this foolish

The cuttlefish asks me if I will help it, but I have no idea how to do so and my leader doesn't answer anyway.

Bay of Heldurin
repell -> repel

Beach of Balas
Finaly -> Finally

Plains of Varad
Reloading makes most of the petrified allies disappear.

Invasion of Eliador (battle)
ready repeling -> ready to repel

It would be really cool if I could hand over the control of all my non hero units to the ai.

Last 'scenario'
tought -> though
realms of Wesnoth -> realms of Wesnoth.

None of the scenarios have scenario start file or a replay.

Units are not healed between scenarios.

I believe the 'Witches' in the last 2 scenarios are supposed to be the kind of witch you find in the campaign Raajal (the sequel).