A New Order.

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

szopen

Re: just played through to Okladia, great campaign!

Post by szopen »

sipahi wrote:I was a bit exasperated at all the new units that were being created just for this campaign but I got used to playing with them eventually, except Aragwaithi which I think aren't initially as tough as human units
Aragwaithi, as Turin already mentioned, were created by Wayfarer and are part of Imperial Era MP pack. Wayfarer also was so kind to contribute few Akladian sprites (and other, e.g. new Karen units and Lorin units).
The spelling mistakes etc. are not numerous, and don't distract from the plot, and will be fixed anyway.
If you noticed some, then I would be deeoply grateful for pointing them. Sometimes it's hard to notice them,e specially for not native speaker.
One suggestion is to add a 'history' campaign featuring Baranov and his Aragwaithi and how they came to be a part of this story.
Prequel? :) I thought about the sequel, actually, involving more Aragwaithi, since I reserved soem role for them in final scenarios, but now I threw out these ideas as the campaign is already probably the longest one in Wesnoth world...

Thanks for the kind words. This is what I need to feel it was worth it :)))
szopen

Post by szopen »

CHANGELOG for 0.2.5

*Typos in few scenarios corrected.
*Balancing changes in "Abducted bride" to make it significantly harder, also correcting the bugs in that scenario.
*French, Swedish and Polish translation update

NOTE: There will be no new scenarios until version o.3.0. I intend to have at least one (0.2.6) release dealing with balacing issues and such. After that the plan is to have one quite hard scenario, one medium hard and additionally two non-combat scenarios.
Protoss_Honor

Post by Protoss_Honor »

I get this error: Error loading game configuration files: 'Missing closing tag for tag then at data/campaigns/Unnatural_Winter.cfg:204 included from dat/game.cfg:19 at data/game.cfg:507'

What does it mean?
sipahi

Post by sipahi »

szopen wrote: Aragwaithi, as Turin already mentioned, were created by Wayfarer and are part of Imperial Era MP pack. Wayfarer also was so kind to contribute few Akladian sprites (and other, e.g. new Karen units and Lorin units).
I don't play MP, so I had not encountered Aragwaithi before. Someone should make a regular campaign about these guys, maybe starring Yaranov!

There are too many errors to list, but I want to make a contribution since I really enjoyed the campaign. Hence I am in the process of editing the text of the cfg files (only correcting spelling and grammar) and will email them to you once I am done. I hope it will polish up the campaign a bit more. Already, it probably has the most dialogue among the campaigns (I like the desert Elf one as well)
Science is what you know. Philosophy is what you don't know.
Bertrand Russell (1872-1970)
szopen

Post by szopen »

Protoss_Honor wrote:I get this error: Error loading game configuration files: 'Missing closing tag for tag then at data/campaigns/Unnatural_Winter.cfg:204 included from dat/game.cfg:19 at data/game.cfg:507'

What does it mean?
This is indeed strange error, but it doesn't seem to be related to my campaign, since I have no such file in distribution. What's more, it seems like cfg file for campaign "Unnatural winter" (though there is no such campaign on campaign server) :)
szopen

Post by szopen »

sipahi wrote: There are too many errors to list, but I want to make a contribution since I really enjoyed the campaign. Hence I am in the process of editing the text of the cfg files (only correcting spelling and grammar) and will email them to you once I am done. I hope it will polish up the campaign a bit more. Already, it probably has the most dialogue among the campaigns (I like the desert Elf one as well)
That would be extremely useful. I know unsung was working on something, but he probably was burdened by real life activities...

Note that campaign is not finished yet. Seven more scenarios, three of them non-combat, are planned. After that, I will lobby to include it in developer's endorsed pack :D :twisted:
unsung

Post by unsung »

I can send him what I did, cut down the work by 30 pages for him.

but yeah, real life tacked me down. I'm going to stage my last stand....nope. to late.
Oh no look out its a ray gun.
You should move to avoid the rays
the rays are coming out of the gun
if you are hit by the rays
you will be shot by the rays
the rays are fast so you should be fast to
can you win against the fast rays from the gun?
Protoss_Honor

Post by Protoss_Honor »

szopen wrote:
Protoss_Honor wrote:I get this error: Error loading game configuration files: 'Missing closing tag for tag then at data/campaigns/Unnatural_Winter.cfg:204 included from dat/game.cfg:19 at data/game.cfg:507'

What does it mean?
This is indeed strange error, but it doesn't seem to be related to my campaign, since I have no such file in distribution. What's more, it seems like cfg file for campaign "Unnatural winter" (though there is no such campaign on campaign server) :)
Well, I get it when I try to play New Order, so, if it doesn't have to do with your campaign, what does it have to do with? does your campaign include a map or other file titled Unnatural Winter?
szopen

Post by szopen »

Protoss_Honor wrote:
szopen wrote: This is indeed strange error, but it doesn't seem to be related to my campaign, since I have no such file in distribution. What's more, it seems like cfg file for campaign "Unnatural winter" (though there is no such campaign on campaign server) :)
Well, I get it when I try to play New Order, so, if it doesn't have to do with your campaign, what does it have to do with? does your campaign include a map or other file titled Unnatural Winter?
Nope. I've even searched for it via "find" command just to be sure. My advice is to clean the cache and remove A New Order campaign and see whether the error is repeating. If no, download new version of campaign (will be on server within few minutes) and try again.

NOTE that I am not testing the version downloaded via web interface. I would advise to use normal in-game downloading feature, if it is possible.
szopen

Post by szopen »

CHANGELOG for 0.2.6

*Balancing changes in "Leaving Okladia" to make it significantly harder, also correcting the bugs in that scenario: less enemy leaders, more gold for them. Also make it possible to win even if Rauke won't change his side.
*After "Leaving the Okladia" the game was not transferring to temporary final. Correcting.

Right now, I consider all the scenarios in current release balanced and tested.It's time for another bbatch of scenarios. Version 0.3.0 will contain new scenarios and may be expected in Tuesday, 25.10 or Friday, 28.10.
sipahi

edited .cfg files

Post by sipahi »

I'm about 50% done- will try to get all back to you this weekend so that you may consider incorporating them to 0.3.0. Good luck with the rest!
Science is what you know. Philosophy is what you don't know.
Bertrand Russell (1872-1970)
szopen

Post by szopen »

CHANGELOG for 0.3.0

*New scenario, "Trapped". It's ALMOST finished and ALMOST balanced.

In Tuesday I am going to release 0.3.1 and in Thursday or Friday 0.4.0 with new scenarios (at least two, at most three, including two non-combat).
szopen

Post by szopen »

CHANGELOG for 0.3.1

*Correcting a LOT of bugs in the "Trapped" scenario: previously the player was losing when turn run out, now (correctly) this is victory. Balancing a bit, after end scenario there is a chance to save at (unfinished) 24 scenario.

Now, if you have played the previous version of the Trapped, and you don't wantto replay the level, you may sent savegame to me and I will correct it for you,or you can save it yourself in text format (by default it is saved in binary format, so you have to change the appropriate wesnoth settings!) search for the following lines:
[message]
image="portraits/gawen_was.png"
#textdomain wesnoth
message=_ "Ha! They were hiding some gold here!"
speaker="Gawen Hagarthen"
[/message]
[gold]
amount="50"
side="1"
[/gold]
[message]
#textdomain wesnoth
message=_ "You have received 50 gold pieces"
speaker="narrator"
[/message]
[/event]

and add following lines below:

[event]
name="time over"
[endlevel]
bonus="yes"
next_scenario="ano_24"
result="victory"
[/endlevel]
[/event]
szopen

Post by szopen »

sipahi wrote: I don't play MP, so I had not encountered Aragwaithi before. Someone should make a regular campaign about these guys, maybe starring Yaranov!
This would be nice. The more I think about prequel, and sequel to A New Order, the more I like this idea. Prequel would be about how they came, how they fought with Akladian invasion etc, and sequel would be about Gawen's son and how he get back his father throne. Or maybe it would be to boring to have another "get back your throne" scenario. Maybe instead it should be about how the Wesnoth was screwed up totally and tie it to Under the Burning Suns? :)))
unsung

Post by unsung »

taht would be awesome.
I prefer the second idea. make it a precursor to UTBS. and how there was a masive empire unde rthe sands maybe?
hey, it even makes for a posssibility of th elavinians going in a campaign! :D
Oh no look out its a ray gun.
You should move to avoid the rays
the rays are coming out of the gun
if you are hit by the rays
you will be shot by the rays
the rays are fast so you should be fast to
can you win against the fast rays from the gun?