A New Order.

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

gdou

Post by gdou »

Szopen,

Don't think I don't want you to adapt my savegames, but I think I will restart the campaign for several reason.
First is that I am not very happy with the strategy I used until now, especially in the first scenarios. The reason is that I need to use the units to know them. Now that I know akaldians better, I will probably do better.
The second is that it will allow me to re-check my translation.
And the third, it seems I am the only one in this thread playtesting your campaign on easy.

So I download the 0.6.2 version and I restart the campaign.

Kind regards.
Troth

Post by Troth »

Playing the scenario "Orannon" I find myself stuck. I'm defeated without really knowing why. Dorien says "I told you she (Lorin) miscarried!" and it's over. I put her into the castle before and she was sent to "bed" so I'm not sure wether i missed something or not. Playing the easy campaign with lot's of save/load -getting hit 3times at 30% (arrgh!) - load again :P.

Anyway here is the savefile. I hope you can use it, it's the binary, the other one is too large to post. I'm not too familiar with adding attachments, seems the extension wasn't right? Renamed it to .txt therefore.
szopen

Post by szopen »

Troth wrote:Playing the scenario "Orannon" I find myself stuck. I'm defeated without really knowing why. Dorien says "I told you she (Lorin) miscarried!" and it's over. I put her into the castle before and she was sent to "bed" so I'm not sure wether i missed
Seems to me it is a bug. I will examine that and correct ASAP
szopen

Post by szopen »

I've corrected the bug. It appeared when Lorin was already in castle keep. The missing line was {VARIABLE ano_lorin_in_castle yes} in that case.

I am now correcting your savegame and will post it back here within few minutes.
szopen

Post by szopen »

Edited savegame, with ano_lorin_in_castle equals yes. Should be ok now. It is gzipped, ungzip it with your favourite software which can handle gz (winzip can do it)
Attachments
out.gz
(70.88 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
szopen

Post by szopen »

CHANGELOG for version 0.6.3

*Polish translation update
*few typos here and there corrected
*Bug when Lorin was already in castle keep in scenario 29
Troth

Post by Troth »

Thx for your response szopen. I did "cheat" in a way to end it with the bug. I placed the units so, they would be able to reach Grekulak before he could recruit. And i think you said earlier here your campaign was not for minors, well, i think you are right. The nudity i could take, but the ending is somewhat cruel *sniff. I liked Lorin .... :?.

Again. Thanx for creating such a nice campaign.

With my 7 points i think i'm worst here so far ;)
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

did it again and i had reme and some other things and at points it said i didn't and i onnly got 11
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
szopen

Post by szopen »

The Raven wrote:did it again and i had reme and some other things and at points it said i didn't and i onnly got 11
This is a bug then. Sent me please your savegames, so I could investigate it. It definetely worked for me when I checked it last time (but I checked Reme quite long ago, OTOH :) ).

And enumerate things which were nto working.

BTW, if anyone noticed any English mistakes or anything, sent me PLEEEEASE the corrections. I will made the new release by Monday.
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

your post just then was a grammical error
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
szopen

Post by szopen »

CHANGELOG for 0.7.0

*Seven new profile portraits: Protector, Pikineer, Fastfoot, Chieftain, Sturmknight, 2x Akladian Lord
*Correcting typos, removing forgotten debug messages
*Serious bug which I don't know which caused it: death of Gawen Hagarthen was not causing the defeat.
*Update of Swedish and Czech translation
szopen

Post by szopen »

I don't know when I will made the next update. Surely I will once in a week check the wescamp site and this thread to see whether there is a reason for small update.

If you liked the campaign, and spotted English error, sent them to me or post them here.

I want to add more story images, but I have no time rigth now and I don't know when I will have the time.
saskganesh

Post by saskganesh »

finished this.

nice one this. good story, nice maps, and some tough fights. had to do a few save and reloads when i got stuck. also liked having to play with several new units.

oh and excellent, and yeah, tragic twist at the end. Lorin is an interesting woman -- you did well with that character.

hm. finished with 7 points.
Melchior

2 Bugs?

Post by Melchior »

I played your campaign and very much liked the story!
I have wesnoth 0.95
New order 0.7 (?)

two Bugs to report:

in the level: Trapped
you are asked whether you pay 300g for the Argawathi to join you. I had the money and said yes. It was not taken from my account!

In addition to the fact that the argawathi now fight for you you may order agawathi Scout units. these units really kick asses since they will get only 1 Damage Point from any attacker...
Well the last level was too easy just let 15 of these super scouts do all the job. :(

Do you need savegames to prove this?
szopen

Post by szopen »

Thx for the bug reports. I am now overburdened with real life activities, but I have the bug reports archived and I will udpate the campaign as soon as I will get some time.