A New Order.

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

szopen

Re: A New Order.

Post by szopen »

Dumukazi wrote: Or even have an unbeatable amount of enemies spawn after the first/second enemy leader dies? Still wouldn't stop the exploit though...
I think I will try go with this option - maybe Northern leader suddenly returning with an army after few turns (because northern leader should escape as soon as he is approached by player, he did that, right?).
"Even when the Slav is gay the effort is often evident" -- P. R. RADOSAVLJEVICH
uddhava

Post by uddhava »

Hi,

It was the scenario leaving Okladia. De error occurred when I engaged an enemy from the eastern leader and you get the dialogue which eventualy leads to him joining your side. The message appeared after that. I could still play on though and finish the campaign. I play on windows.

Uddhava
szopen

Post by szopen »

Hi there,

It seems that I won't have time to maintain ANO. It means that ANO is up for anyone to grab - if someone wants to takeover, just PM me and be patient (I may not answer immedietely)
"Even when the Slav is gay the effort is often evident" -- P. R. RADOSAVLJEVICH
SlyVenom

Post by SlyVenom »

Last edited by SlyVenom on July 11th, 2018, 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Did anyone mention that although the Akladian Homeguard line looks awesome, their sprites don't fit their weapons?
Pags

Post by Pags »

I get Unit-type "Shadow_Mage" doesn't exist
Version: 1.12.6 ubuntu linux
Scenario: Orannon
When: 1st round of AI turns
fractaler

Post by fractaler »

Hi! I want to say thank you for this compaign. It's one of the best compaign for Wesnoth!
I played Wesnoth some years, but registered on this forum only now for say thank you.
Very playable and replayable compaign.
I completed the compaing on easy level and it was not be very easy)
I want play it on normal and hard level and finish all quests. Add a new quests, please!) Its very funny!
Specially thanks for Russian translate. My low skill in English do not accept me have fun in english-only games. Even particular translations vary helpful.
Long live this project! :)
oooo

Post by oooo »

I have found some translation issues. Would you fix them at next release?
  1. Missing translatable marks.
  2. Wrong escaped double quotation marks. A QUOTATION MARK (U+0022) within a WML string must be doubled quote mark (""), not escape with BACKSLASH. https://wiki.wesnoth.org/SyntaxWML
  3. Misused hidden text marks. English users could only read the last part of their strings.
I attach the patch because I'm hard to explain them in detail.
Attachments
patch_for_A_New_Order.txt
(9.45 KiB) Downloaded 480 times
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

I've ported version 1.2.18 to 1.14. I'll maintain the campaign for gamebreaking bugs only (but I won't touch balancing, dialogue/other text, or small bugs). Please contact me for any issues, or just use this thread to do so. ^_^
Argesilao

Post by Argesilao »

Hi

I'm playing the version for 1.14 of the campaign, with windows, intermediate level.
In the scenario - Siege of Haeltin - just after the starting dialogue, I have this message error:

<invalid WML found> [if] didn't find any [then],[elseif] or [else] children
Argesilao

Post by Argesilao »

Hi again

always Intermediate difficult level, windows, BfW 1.14

Lorin e Ruvio have the same sound for the melee hit and the melee miss

scenario THE ORACLE
Before the starting dialogue appear
<invalid WML found> [event] is missing name or id field (2)

scenario LEAVING OKLADIA
When Gawen reach the nort edge of the map appear
<lua> repeated [endlevel] execution, ignoring

Bye
Argesilao

Post by Argesilao »

Hi

always Intermediate difficult level, windows, BfW 1.14

The two wizards that are supplied with Deoran do not have a prfile image.

Scenario ORANNON
When the bandit's chief recruit appear:
<invalid LUA found> unit_type "Shadow_Mage" doesn't exist

Bye
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Would the ANO on the server really run on BfW 1.9?
FfuzzyLogik

Post by FfuzzyLogik »

Hello,

Some monthes ago (with 1.12 version) I played some campagns and this one was very nice to play.
First of all : Thanks to all persons who made actualize improve this campagn. Many musics are very nice and well choosed ; very good "spirit".

I opened a bit the files then finding for the first time some AMLA who increases intrest of game when you advance far in some missions. I find quite disapointing to be "max level" in campagns have 20 scenarios and your troops are "max level" from scenario 2 to 4...

If many of them are quite "kill the two or three camps of ennemies" I found the aspect "role playing" intresting. I noticed at end that some missions may be "to do" because the real ennemy (I won't spoil here the content if someone have not played it) and I thought it was "in developpement". Then going to the forum I noticed the quite old messages and I fear its not updated or continued...

Anyways I made some graphics and will put them into "my" version of "A New Order".
If author(s) wants -and that's why I post this- post those graphics to :
- Increase possible levels (when you have long quests, your units are "at last level" very soon so increasing the possible levels may be intresting...),
- I'll certainely rework "AMLA" and "equilibration" to integrate these units.
(To make this "simple" I'll probably add the new units as "intermediate level" and just see if missions "intermediate" are not too hard.)
I posted in pdf the file with all creatures I remade (Akladians).
Akladiens.pdf
(313.35 KiB) Downloaded 605 times
I have to say that the ones were done for this campagn were nice and creative, I'm not saying I made the new by "myself" I just re-use the good things done and try to release some things "in the spirit" of old ones. If authors don't want their work to be re-used I'll delete them. I just do that to improve a bit things. I intend to animate them... With my level... I intend to just make "basic" animations (attack and defend).

If you have opinions, give feedbacks ! I'm changing a bit the "priests" (wonderman, wiseman...)

I hope this project continues and other will begin, have fun in modding and playing,
FfuzzyLogik.
FfuzzyLogik

Post by FfuzzyLogik »

Hello there,

I just double post one time to show the progress of my work about Akladian's units.
I reworked "priests" as I intended to do and totally changed the "queen's" evolution.
Out of that I changed the shield of "protector" and "Lord Hargarten's" last evolutions.
A small change on spear of "Pikeneer".
Akladiens2.pdf
(383.32 KiB) Downloaded 551 times
Once again, I'd be pleased for some feedbacks.
After graphics I intend to "re-equilibrate" evolutions for the level 4 units added...
If someone is intrested, I can add in table the abilities I'd like to place for now (I'll test them a bit before decide).

Maybe photos immediately seen are more attractive ?
Queen serie :
akl-queen0.png
akl-queen0.png (1.77 KiB) Viewed 7355 times
akl-queen1.png
akl-queen1.png (1.69 KiB) Viewed 7355 times
akl-queen2.png
akl-queen2.png (1.78 KiB) Viewed 7355 times
akl-superqueen - Copie.png
akl-superqueen - Copie.png (2.17 KiB) Viewed 7355 times
Have fun in playing/modding,