A New Order.

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

szopen

Re: A New Order.

Post by szopen »

AxalaraFlame wrote:Report: 50% translation works complete. New semester begins, the process might be laregly decelerated in the next few months.

some questions: how would you suggest me to translate "gelding"? And the names of Akaladians, say Horye O Barnon. That "O" is making very little sense in translation, so I want to know the meanings of it.
Tr0ll has answered your questions :) While i don't know Irish, I remember when designing the game indeed "O Barnon" was meant to mean either "of Barnon clan", or simply "of Barnon".
"Even when the Slav is gay the effort is often evident" -- P. R. RADOSAVLJEVICH
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

@Tr0ll
I should admit that it is really a hard question for you, because gelding does not have a negative meaning in chinese. So we decided to translate it "taijian", which is a man without his...well. Let's skip this topic. :roll:

Translation works finished 55%, stuck at this phase and supposed not to have any updates within two months.
Patience and long-terms waiting required.

BR
Axa
P.S. please remove all those ridiculous (and obviously imbalanced) 6-strikes melee attacks on lv3. They are really making me painful...
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

In English a castrated man is called a eunuch; if i recall correctly, such men often held high offices in the bureaucracy in Chinese imperial history. I dont believe there is normally a negative connotation to gelding (unless you are an animal rights activist), but the term would indeed be pejorative if used as an insult in the campaign.

EDIT: some bugs

in scenario 2 Fighting for Passage,
- the 2 gold from the messenger does not get added to the purse
- a message appears in the log a few times
error audio: Could not load sound file 'staff.ogg'
maybe because i was using an Akladian wiseman in the fighting.
- when Lorin is promoted to level 2 this message appears in the log
error display: could not open image 'akladian/akl-princess.png'
in scenario 3 Coronoation,
- Cryne says _"My lady, you should really reconsider. Those lords are our friends, truly disturbed about future of our kingdom and our people. To keep the kingdom strong, we need them alive as friends, not dead." Insert "the" just before "future".

in scenario 4 Battle_of_Barnon,
- a message appears in the log
error display: could not open image 'terrain/desert_crater.png'
alhaz

Post by alhaz »

Hi Szopen!

I used to play Wesnoth long time ago around version 0.6, im trying to get the good memories back and I saw your campaign, I have to say one thing - AWESOME!

When I was reading the topic I noticed that you are looking for donations for new portraits? What characters in scenario need new portraits?

Alhaz
who dares wins.
szopen

Post by szopen »

alhaz wrote:Hi Szopen!

I used to play Wesnoth long time ago around version 0.6, im trying to get the good memories back and I saw your campaign, I have to say one thing - AWESOME!
Thanks! The thanks should go also to Spencer Cooley The Sigil (who ported the campaign to the new version and checked the English), Wussel and Tr0ll - they have also paid for the new portraits.
I hope the campaign looks a lot better, also with new sprites by Sleepwalker :)
When I was reading the topic I noticed that you are looking for donations for new portraits? What characters in scenario need new portraits?

Alhaz
The wishlist is here:
http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 45#p536282

I was promised portrait of Grekulak from one of the artist, but he has not logged in for last year, so I think I should not have hope for this; the "generic" akladian lords are in the pipeline, already paid; Karen+Ruvio would have to be ordered from Santiago Iborra, so they would be more expansive, and less important anyway (another Ruvio portrait is because the cheerful Ruvio does not look good in the last scenarios). More important are story images, I think.
szopen

Post by szopen »

I will look into the bugs starting with Monday. Thanks for the report, Tr0ll!!
szopen

Post by szopen »

Actually, I had a time now so I have made some quick bug fixes. The version is being uploaded to the server. It _should_ work.

Changelog for 1.2.12
* Akladian Lord 2 image (By Łukasz Zaręba), removed raban.png
* boris.png replaced by hakim.png from Khalifa. This is not ideal replacement (far
from it) and as soon as I will have funds I will replace him by someone else
(low priority).
* staff.ogg changed into staff.wav in Holyman, Wiseman and Wonderman (thx tr0ll!)
* akladian/akl-princess changed into wayfarer/akl-princess in attack anims (thx tr0ll!)
* If players will fail to interrogate enemy leaders and will have no chance to
interrogate new, the "frozen orc" will be found (previously it was only if
player also found out about Reme, so the event was not triggered if player
failed to find Reme). Also, split the event, because variable was not set when
within "story" marker.
szopen

Post by szopen »

Changelog for 1.2.13
* updated German translation (by Michael Dragovic)
* haeltin_defense (by Łukasz Zaręba, funded by tr0ll)
* elven_trackers3.a (combined public domain jpeg called snow-covered-hillside-with-small-evergreens.jpg and GPLd ElvenTrackers by Santiago Iborra)

The haeltin_defense is not finished, but since I don't know when Łukasz will sent me a final version, it is uploaded as is. There are two more images in working queue of Łukasz; one is sponsored by Alhaz, the second by me.

Which brings me to an issue of donations.

THE DONATIONS

As you know, it was started by Spencer "The Sigil" Cooley, who used his own money to buy portraits for most important characters of ANO. I decided to add also my own money to fund more images, and then tr0ll, wussel and alhaz donated as well. I will buy at least one more portrait this year, but to bring ANO to the best possible imaginable quality I would have to use several of my monthly salaries, which is of course impossible.

In other words, we need you.

If after playing the ANO you felt that you enjoyed it so much that you could buy me a beer, sent instead that amount via paypal to szopen@europe.com. 3-4 euros is enough. If you feel really generous, you can buy a new portrait - I spent 15 euros per portrait (more or less, since i pay in PLN, and the courses change daily) and twice as much for story image. Remember, this is not for me. I paid my own money to make this campaign mor eenjoyable for you. This is for buying more images so also others can enjoy it more. Contact me via pm if you are unsure how to donate.

Now, Łukasz (my artist) is a bit slow recently and he has two images in his queue already; if I would get donations, I would love to find new artist, but it would be hard to find the same reasonable balance of quality and affordability; I am aware that artists charge two or even three times more. Especially I would love to buy images from Santiago Iborra, but I can't afford him right now.

In addition, if you are an artist, I would love to see your work in ANO. The sprites, animations, story images, portraits or music - everything is welcomed.

Obviously, you do not have to feel obliged to donate. This is a campaign made for you to enjoy. This is simply a question whether you enjoyed it enough to want others enjoy it even more.
szopen

Post by szopen »

Ah, BTW - how to release a campaign for two different versions of wesnoth? Do I need to have two different versions of wesnoth installed?
szopen

Post by szopen »

BTW, Axalara - how's progress with chinese translation?
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

szopen wrote:Ah, BTW - how to release a campaign for two different versions of wesnoth? Do I need to have two different versions of wesnoth installed?
If you want to test them before release there isnt much choice about that.

If you have Linux, see this thread about installing stable and development version on same machine
szopen

Post by szopen »

Changelog for 1.2.14
* Lord Bob's Study-desert-04, generic_hills-01 and generic_mountains-4 as a
placeholders in a Deorien's story, Orannon battle etc
* updated French translation (by Pyrophorus) - at least I think it is updated,
since I have different version on my laptop :)

Everything should be all right with this release, if you have problems, contact me
szopen

Post by szopen »

Changelog for 1.2.15
* removed unused jpg's
* Akladian Music is now truly optional (thx Brendan Scott for the report!) (at least it worked for me :)
* New portrait for Grekulak by Łukasz Zaręba, funded by alhaz

There is one more portrait in the pipeline. I think we are closing to the point where ANO is finished portrait-wise; I would love to see something like three or four more portraits (e.g. king Buffin, Akladian warrior with spear, lawful Akladian warrior with sword) and then there would be a lot of work with story images.
szopen

Post by szopen »

Changelog for 1.2.16
* spelling mistake in a description of Bor Cryne, which cause the description
string to become truncated
* Akladian_Chaotic.png by Łukasz Zaręba, replacing four old images: quivre,
profile_raider, profile_darknite, profile_sturmknight. Those 4 images removed
* French translation by Pyrophorus updated
szopen

Post by szopen »

Changelog for 1.2.17
* New sprites by Sylar for Ruvio (to be modified in future), fastfoot, healer line, akladian commanders, lorin, peasant girl, oracle.