status of user campaigns on server

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ott
Inactive Developer

status of user campaigns on server

Post by ott »

This post has been replaced by the Wiki page http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/Status_of_User_Scenarios listing the user scenarios on the campaign server, their current state, and the versions known to work and not work.

No-one reads sticky posts, anyway (unfortunately).
Last edited by ott on August 14th, 2005, 3:17 pm, edited 33 times in total.
This quote is not attributable to Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
Disto

Post by Disto »

You've missed out a seed of evil, remember the patch i posted as well.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
ott
Inactive Developer

Post by ott »

CBaoth wrote:i downloaded and played the first part of flight ot freedom today and so far is working
Please read the post: this is for 0.9.2+cvs, the current development version that will become 0.9.3. FtF perhaps is trying to redefine some standard units, support for doing this was removed after 0.9.2.
This quote is not attributable to Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

FtF has been updated and it SHOULD work, although I'll need someone who has 0.9.3CVS to test it for me to be sure.
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Re: status of user campaigns on server

Post by Taurus »

ott wrote: Unfortunately 0.9.2+cvs does not say what the errors are. The bulleted campaigns will load successfully if the missing newline at end of file is fixed. The easiest way to fix this is by adding a blank line at the end of the file.
Ok, what exactally does this mean :? could you show me an example?
Creater of the campaign, "Northern Rebirth"

Compleater of the campaign, "Son of the Black Eye"
ryn

Post by ryn »

just add an extra blank line at the end of the file and everything will be ok, Taurus.
2B |! 2B = 3F
aelius

Post by aelius »

ryn wrote:just add an extra blank line at the end of the file and everything will be ok, Taurus.
Which file, though?

- b.
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever. - Antoine de Saint Exupery (of course)
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Oh kay.......... :?

Invisible Philosopher

Post by Invisible Philosopher »

I've uploaded a new version of Wesvoid to the campaign server in which I get this (in 0.9.2+cvs as of sometime yesterday, IIRC) when trying to start the campaign:
Console wrote:no valid cache found. Writing cache to '/Users/isaac//Library/Preferences/Wesnoth/cache/game.cfg-cache-v0.9.2+cvs-CAMPAIGN_WESVOID-EASY'
error processing user campaign '/Users/isaac//Library/Preferences/Wesnoth/data/campaigns//Wesvoid.cfg'
error general: The following add-on campaign(s) had errors and could not be loaded:
/Users/isaac//Library/Preferences/Wesnoth/data/campaigns//Wesvoid.cfg
error general: Unknown scenario: 'Wizards_Council'
All my text files have newlines at the end. None of the error messages say anything about what the problem is. Help!

EDIT: Also the difficulty descriptions don't display right, and the campaign description doesn't display at all, for no reason I can figure out. (It looks okay for HttT, which has very similar-looking WML for that.) (Those things are displayed before trying to load the whole campaign config, which is before the error message occurs.)
Play a Silver Mage in the Wesvoid campaign.
scott

Post by scott »

When debugging Eternal Kingdom, I didn't see any syntax errors, but when I retyped the [campaign] tag's contents manually, it started working. I don't really like the new picky WML parser, especially if invisible characters cause it to poop out.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
silene

Post by silene »

Since ott didn't have time to post about it, I will. No need to try 0.9.2+cvs, user campaigns will not work anymore. Just wait.
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Since I am still stuck with version 9.1 I have no idea weither my campaing is working or not even on 9.2. Can somebody tell me if version 0.5.10 of Northern Rebirth is good to go?

Rhuvaen
Inactive Developer

Post by Rhuvaen »

Taurus wrote:Since I am still stuck with version 9.1 I have no idea weither my campaing is working or not even on 9.2. Can somebody tell me if version 0.5.10 of Northern Rebirth is good to go?
Where is it? (Campaigns server still showing 0.5.9...)
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

sorry, it was just uploading when I posted the message. It's done now, sorry about that. I have a slow connection.

quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

Sorry to everyone that has been unable to play UTBS. A sudden change the breaks so many campaigns is distressing. This is partially my fault becuase I am still running and testing on 0.9.1. Cpenguin's build of 0.9.2 won't run on OS X 10.3.8, and I was waiting for Sithrandel to eventually post a fix. I have no access to the CVS version, so i can't test the problem with that.

This weekend I will try to scour the forums and figure out what the problems might be. But realistically I may not be able to fully test these issues until a mac version of 0.9.3 is released. If it's any consolation, I know the campaign runs on 0.9.1. I've been spending my time working hard on scenario 8, which is why i missed this problem until now.