Where do Add-Ons save?

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Eldaric

Where do Add-Ons save?

Post by Eldaric »

Where are add-ons for custom campaigns saved? I have downloaded and played a few custom campaigns and enjoyed them, but now I want to utilize some of their original units in my own custom campaign (giving credit, of course). However, for the life of me, I cannot find where those campaigns save their data.

I have a Mac.

I have looked in the folders under applications > Wesnoth > show package contents > data > etc, with no luck.

I have also looked in the Wesnoth directories under library, which is hard to get to on a Mac, but I found it. Still no luck. I even tried finding it out by examining the save files of some of those add-on campaigns, but none of them explicitly called out any file directory paths.

I apologize if this question has been asked before a dozen times, but I just can't seem to word my search query correctly to get an answer.

Thanks in advance!
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: Where do Add-Ons save?

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Also note that for 1.14 and later there's an "i" button in the lower left corner of the main menu that will let you directly open various folders, including the add-ons folder.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Eldaric

Post by Eldaric »

Wow. That was fast! Thank you both for your quick responses. On my way to more campaign design!
shevegen

Post by shevegen »

This seems to come up again and again. Perhaps there could be some info-widget within the preferences option to show where things are stored?