Hearts of the North - Campaign Cycle [1.16]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

fable_lake

Re: Hearts of the North - Campaing Series [1.14]

Post by fable_lake »

Hi Everyone

Now with the TDOOO v2.0.5 and DM v2.0.4 update, everyone who completed the campaign will get a golden laurel instead of a silver one and the overall level will be shown Daredevil, in other words Normal, in both campaigns.

PS: A small change, but it's always nice to have a gold instead of a silver laurel for completing the whole story.
Argesilao2

Post by Argesilao2 »

Hi!

Playing version 2.0.3 of TdooO with BfW 1.14.16

scenario Wood in the Cave: The goal is to resist until the end of the turns, but objective provides a bonus for the early end of the scenario.

scenario Farewell: I think it can be an improvement if the signpost's position is visible from the beginning.

A very personal consideration regarding the maps of many scenarios: there are too many different types of terrains, and it seems that they have been selected randomly and scattered randomly. To look some map it's even disturbing, at least for me.
When I saw the map of the scenario hope die last I have lost all desire to play the scenario and to continuing to play the campaign.
It is a matter of personal taste, and therefore has a relative value, but I suggest you to heavy restyling all the maps.
Sorry. :(
fable_lake

Post by fable_lake »

Hi again Argesilao2

Argesilao2 wrote: May 8th, 2021, 9:51 pm scenario Wood in the Cave: The goal is to resist until the end of the turns, but objective provides a bonus for the early end of the scenario.
Yes, silly mistake, it will be corrected in the new version.
Argesilao2 wrote: May 8th, 2021, 9:51 pm scenario Farewell: I think it can be an improvement if the signpost's position is visible from the beginning.
For now, I'm not going to make such changes, the scenarios with reaching the goal are to be shrouded in mystery.

Argesilao2 wrote: May 8th, 2021, 9:51 pm A very personal consideration regarding the maps of many scenarios: there are too many different types of terrains, and it seems that they have been selected randomly and scattered randomly. To look some map it's even disturbing, at least for me.
When I saw the map of the scenario hope die last I have lost all desire to play the scenario and to continuing to play the campaign.
It is a matter of personal taste, and therefore has a relative value, but I suggest you to heavy restyling all the maps.
Sorry.
At the beginning, let me say right away I do not intend to change the design of the maps and their appearance. It's a pity you don't like them, but as you yourself said "It is a matter of personal taste" some people will like it and others will not. I devoted a lot of time and reflection to the creation of each of the maps for the TDOOO and for DM campaigns, so that there were many useful strategic points and had their exact appearance, where the topography is visible and diverse, just like in reality wild areas, especially at different times of the year they have their own unique look, or the places themselves have some hills, mountains, mixed forests. I would just call it my own map design style and I'm going to stick to that.

Thanks for sharing your opinion
fable_lake

Post by fable_lake »

Hello Everyone, I hope you are doing well

DM-Chosen.png

Today I released version 1.0.8 of the DM - Distant Memory campaign
In the update you will find a new dificulty for fans of thrills, it is called "Chosen" - Hard and is intended for players familiar with the game.

Have a nice play
fable_lake

Post by fable_lake »

Hello everyone

As you have noticed lately, new versions of TDOOO - The Demon of our Ourselves are coming out as well as DM - Distant Memory.

These are dialogue fixes, and some minor bugs as well little improvements (Most the minor spelling mistakes).

The spelling confusion is due to the fact that English is not my native language.

EDIT: If you have encountered the problem of magenta color with Dwarvish Herbalist and Ram riders line: Ram Fighter, Ram Cavalry, Ram Hussar. In v3.0.6 this has been fixed.

Have a nice play
fable_lake

Post by fable_lake »

Hello everyone, Kept you waiting, huh?

Without too much extension, I announce that a beta version of the Melody of Wrath campaign has been uploaded on the server 1.14

The story was created and realized by me while storyline idea and characters concept was made by me in collaboration with MihawkLucek

Now you have the opportunity to learn even more about the old world and its secrets!

Hearts of the North: Melody of Wrath

The story takes place thousands of years after the destruction of the kingdom of Ragged Hearts. These are the times when the great elven kingdoms begin to emerge on the Irdya.

It was a melody born of anger and despair ... It was with me from the beginning and it finally became me ...

A forgotten story, written with a trembling hand about a nightmare that happened long ago ... About a nightmare that started the great war of the elves ... This is a story erased from the memory of many, telling of a melody from years gone by ... About a melody playing in the heart of the heir of the woods of Whispers ... This is the story of Prince Lliwen ...

(12 Scenarios)

(During Tests)

And of course I am waiting for your Opinions and Feedbacks

Have a Nice Game!
Last edited by fable_lake on January 18th, 2022, 9:38 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Hey, I recently started your campaign named Melody of Wrath.

Typo: Irda > Irdya (from Intro storyline)
Are you sure that name is intended?

When reached Whispers of Hate, I'm not sure that Defeat Condition is not clear on my attached picture, leave with 'Death of any Hero' text only:
Attachments
'Death of Lliwen' text needs to be deleted.png
'Death of Lliwen' text needs to be deleted.png (101.02 KiB) Viewed 1183 times
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

I am assuming it is, since I have seen this "typo" in all three campaigns and seeing the persistence, I just accepted it.

also, another story-driven campaign already? Might as well as give it a whirl.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
fable_lake

Post by fable_lake »

Hi
Lord-Knightmare wrote: June 7th, 2021, 2:54 pm
I am assuming it is, since I have seen this "typo" in all three campaigns and seeing the persistence, I just accepted it.

I can't say it was intentional, thanks to you now I realized it should be Irda -> Irdya :doh:
I think that I will for now stick to the name Irda if I wrote that in all my works.

Major_Swampy wrote: June 7th, 2021, 2:39 pm When reached Whispers of Hate, I'm not sure that Defeat Condition is not clear on my attached picture, leave with 'Death of any Hero' text only:

I don't think this is a mistake. Lliwen is the king unit and, in addition, the leading man throughout the story, while Thogru and Alavara are heroic characters who are essential but not the main characters appearing in every scenario. However, it is a bit different with the TDOOO - The Demon of our Ourselves campaign, where there are two king units, because for story reasons, Borin and Avalion are brothers and both lead the expedition, but in fact the main character is Avalion himself so he has a separate inscription in the icon that he cannot die. That's why Lliwen as the leading man has his own separate inscription in the icon that he cannot die and I think it is not a mistake.
Last edited by fable_lake on June 10th, 2021, 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Hi,
The unit Troll Shaman is getting redefined, you might need to change the id for your version.
units/orcs/Flamethrower.cfg has a typo that is giving an error. There's a space in the word descript ion=_"crossbow"
fable_lake

Post by fable_lake »

Hi, Nice that you Wrote

At the beginning, I ask you to write a signature in the future with the feedback about which campaign you have in mind, you know, for example: TDOOO, DM or MOW. This is a general forum for the whole universe of my work and in this way it is easier for me to understand which campaign it is about.

So I think it's about TDOOO:
vghetto wrote: June 14th, 2021, 9:19 am The unit Troll Shaman is getting redefined, you might need to change the id for your version.
So as far as this problem is concerned, it's just a leftover that I haven't gotten rid of yet, nothing serious - solved
vghetto wrote: June 14th, 2021, 9:19 am units/orcs/Flamethrower.cfg has a typo that is giving an error. There's a space in the word descript ion=_"crossbow"
Thanks, I didn't notice. A small detail, already fixed in v4.0.0
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Hey again, just started this campaign TDoO and reached scenario Lost Son. My impression is:

- The AMLA from heroes looked similiar to campaign Oath of Alliegiance.
- I'm surprised Anriel's portrait that you ported from Elvish Bloodmaiden's line (made by Kwandulin).
PS:
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
fable_lake

Post by fable_lake »

Hi, Nice that you Wrote
Major_Swampy wrote: June 15th, 2021, 1:41 pm The AMLA from heroes looked similiar to campaign Oath of Alliegiance.
Spoiler:
Major_Swampy wrote: June 15th, 2021, 1:41 pm - I'm surprised Anriel's portrait that you ported from Elvish Bloodmaiden's line (made by Kwandulin).
Spoiler:
Major_Swampy wrote: June 15th, 2021, 1:41 pm
PS:
Spoiler:
Thanks for the feedback
Last edited by fable_lake on January 18th, 2022, 9:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Found a typo from weapon name:
Weapon Name Typo.png
Weapon Name Typo.png (12.49 KiB) Viewed 873 times
Should be: ax > axe.
fable_lake

Post by fable_lake »

Major_Swampy wrote: June 16th, 2021, 7:28 pm Found a typo from weapon name:
Indeed, should be ax -> axe
I will correct this typo in the next update but for now I will wait a while for gathering more fixes to upload it.

Edit: Fixed in update 4.0.3
Last edited by fable_lake on June 30th, 2021, 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.