Life of Mechzen - Single Player Campaign

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SexyPringles

Re: Life of Mechzen - Single Player Campaign

Post by SexyPringles »

I just finished your campaign on normal difficulty and i enjoyed it overall. There are 2 scenarios that need balancing and they are "New Path" and "Fiery Peak".

New Path was hard because of the number of trolls. Maybe add few more units to the player or decrease the amount of gold in trolls side.

Fiery Peak was hard as hell. The sheer amount of the drakes was overwhelming and there was too little time imo. I had to play pretty much defencively in the camp of saurians after killing them and after decreasing the number of drakes i started my counterattack. Managed to kill the last leader on the last turn. Maybe decrease income of the drakes and add more turns.
Hippity Hoppity, this is my property:Tale of Thunedain
Vilebeggar

Post by Vilebeggar »

The coding issues have been patched. Changes have been made in the drakish scenario,the player gold has increased to 400 and the turn limit to 50. At the 5th scenario the gold of the trollish foe has been reduced to 250 from 350.
Competitive Wesnoth. For the fans by the fans.
Vilebeggar

Post by Vilebeggar »

New update released, in short a few gameplay balancings and dialogue improvements.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

The last scenarios are uncomfortably huge, scalewise (like Cavern of Fear). You have to fight and control an extremely huge number of units, which I only enjoy in a select few campaigns, with this one not being one. Having allies that have the same color as you (dwarves) is not great either. And it's unfun that I have to control them...

Passing the Ford
The loyal units you gain lack the 'loyal' marker.

Clash in Weldyn
Your representation of Weldyn is nice to look at, but it's not canon. (Eastern Invasion has a canon Weldyn map.)

EDIT:
Clash in Weldyn ends once Yargol is dead, even if half of his army and Lord Quithian are still alive.
Vilebeggar

Post by Vilebeggar »

Konrad2 wrote: November 10th, 2020, 1:42 pm
Thanks for continuing the feedback Konrad. Its been a while since someone posted on this threat and i thought the campaign was rid of all mistakes and bugs.
The last scenarios are uncomfortably huge, scalewise (like Cavern of Fear). You have to fight and control an extremely huge number of units, which I only enjoy in a select few campaigns, with this one not being one. Having allies that have the same color as you (dwarves) is not great either. And it's unfun that I have to control them...
That is unfortunate, but i had a thought that this would come up as an issue. Sadly those scenarios are that big for a reason, as they are key lore moments and i just couldn't arrange them otherwise. In short the last battles are supposed to be huge because you are fighting a big half of the orcish army and the human betrayers on them. I would have made the dwarvish allied force ai controlled so it wouldnt burden the players much, but the ai is far from trustworthy and makes many mistakes. So i guess the players have to cope with the last two scenarios for i don't know how to balance it out for the moment.
Passing the Ford
The loyal units you gain lack the 'loyal' marker.
Fixed
Clash in Weldyn
Your representation of Weldyn is nice to look at, but it's not canon. (Eastern Invasion has a canon Weldyn map.)
Now that will be some work but i guess it can be done.... :shock:
Clash in Weldyn ends once Yargol is dead, even if half of his army and Lord Quithian are still alive.
I'll add more troll guardians then.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

How would that fix anything? xD I was hoping for you to change the win conditions to deafeating all enemy leaders. Or at the least Yargol AND Quithian.

FTR, your campaign still has a lot of typos.
Vilebeggar

Post by Vilebeggar »

Konrad2 wrote: November 13th, 2020, 6:23 pm [quote}
How would that fix anything? xD I was hoping for you to change the win conditions to deafeating all enemy leaders. Or at the least Yargol AND Quithian.

FTR, your campaign still has a lot of typos.
[/quote]

Ill get to it. Posting update tomorrow.
Vilebeggar

Post by Vilebeggar »

New update released, minor bug fixes were introduced.
Vilebeggar

Post by Vilebeggar »

Patch 1.4.1a has been released, with it came minor dialogue corrections and game optimizations.
Vilebeggar

Post by Vilebeggar »

Patch 1.5.1 has finally been released, this one is big as i have patched many issues regarding the gameplay and dialogue and polished the campaign to be played more smoothly. It is live on the add-on server so go ahead and update your copy. Nightmare mode is still untested, i will be working on that in the future.
Vilebeggar

Post by Vilebeggar »

Patch 1.5.3 has been released, some minor optimizations here and there were introduced and the weldyn map is now canon.