TRotD - The Return of the Darks [SP Campaing]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

How do you like the campaign?(even if its not finished)

Nice!
80%
Ist ok.(Whats missing?)
20%
Just a Campaign like any other.
No votes
Bad Campaign.
No votes

Total votes: 5

thvk

TRotD - The Return of the Darks [SP Campaing]

Post by thvk »

This is the feedback thread for the Campaign "The Return of the Darks".

Story:
The Darks are an ancient species with a great knowledge of magic. Long ago in the past they lived in Wesnoth together with the other races. But after a horrible fight against a strong enemy they decided to leave Wesnoth. With their great knowledge they created islands floating in the sky. Since then they lived there and never came back to Wesnoth. But now the islands are falling down and a great amount of their knowledge got lost. So they send thier last adventurer to Wesnoth to handle this problem.

This Campaing follows the adventure of Rumion the last adventurer of the Darks.
spoiler.png
Main Character:
- Rumion the last living adventurer of the Darks

The campaign is still WIP but the first scenarios work well. Have fun while playing.
Thank you for reading
thvk
Last edited by thvk on January 4th, 2022, 1:06 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Campaigns Im working at:
- The Return of the Darks[ unfinished ]

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. : ) - Isaac Asimov
thvk

Re: The Return of the Darks

Post by thvk »

Add: There is an art thread now in the Art Workshop. If you want to give a feedback post it there.
thvk

Re: The Return of the Darks

Post by thvk »

Add: The link to the Art-Thread: https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=52836
There you can see the newest units and terraintiles.
Last edited by thvk on November 8th, 2020, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thvk

Update: The Return of the Darks

Post by thvk »

Screenshot of the first scenario "Aertius" or the sky Docks is part of the Darks Magic University:
spoiler_2.png
Last edited by thvk on January 4th, 2022, 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
thvk

Re: TRotD - The Return of the Darks [SP Campaing]

Post by thvk »

Just a question for all:
Are there any naming suggestions for a darks fighter line?
thvk

Post by thvk »

There was an art and dialoge update. If you have time look there.
egallager

Post by egallager »

thvk wrote: November 17th, 2020, 8:00 pm There was an art and dialoge update. If you have time look there.
Thanks for the update; even just by looking at the new icon in the add-on manager I can already tell that the art has improved! I haven't actually downloaded the new update yet, though, as I have my own local changes that would get overwritten by the new update... do you keep the sources in version control at all? Asking because I want to generate diffs between my version and the old version, so that I can then download the new version and apply the diffs to it to get my changes back. The reason I can't do that with my own repository is that I forgot to do a separate commit for copying over the original add-on before making my own changes to it, so the history is incomplete/inaccurate; see here: https://github.com/cooljeanius/wesnoth_ ... _the_Darks
thvk

Post by thvk »

Sorry i have only the newesr version on my pc. But i can try to find it in one of my backups if you want.

To the art update:
- Changes were made in the darks magic line
- Darks fighter line is still incomplete see the art thread for that
egallager

Post by egallager »

After updating, it causes the following error message to be displayed when loading other add-ons on 1.14:
thvk

Post by thvk »

First:
Sorry that i neede so long to answer i wasnt up for some time.
Second:
The Error should be solved in the newest version. Thank you for showing me that.
The new version is 0.1.2[unfinished]
thvk

Post by thvk »

Here is a short description for the name "Darks":
This is not their real name. They are just called like this because nobody knows their real name.
thvk

Post by thvk »

Im happy to inform you about the latest version update 0.3.0[unfinished]:
- updated sprites
- a Prologe
- added a new race
- finally art for the darks fighter line
- some funny things

Im sorry for the small dialogs and the short story. Next update will bring more of this.
Please post your ideas and your impression of this.
Tarcil

Post by Tarcil »

Just stumbled upon the release on 1.16 and remembering playing this campaign last year, when it was barely a 1- scenario thing with just the bare bones of being a campaign. But I liked the idea and so I looked into it again, curious to what has changed. And it has changed the positive way! I really like the dark and universal art line which are a huge improvement since the first time I saw them. The maps are well made too.
I like the idea of the prologue, but it may need some balancing. I would suggest to replace the tier 3 soldiers in the first scneario with tier 2 or even tier 1 units, bc. I didn´t beat them or being able to get around them, bc. the spearmen blocks you long enough, so the other two soldiers beat your [censored] units up. I wasnt able to get to the book without cheating (killed the spearmen after I tried it nearly ten times...).
The second scenario was better, but I highly suggest to add maybe one village/tent directly to the camp, bc. otherwise it is nearly impossible to get through those troll lair. You can´t block the right side up long enough to deal with the left and fighting through them with tier 1 units fast enough, especially when they aren´t able to be healed up.
Scenatio 3 was very good and worked the way it should, bc. you had the village to heal up the units and therefore able to resist the universals in the chokepoints. But an ending dialogue would be good as well as some more dialogue lines explaining the whole scenario afterwards.
Scenario 4 has a spelling issue with Seltas first line ("Remeber"). And why do these dunefolks say that they need help agaonst the orcs, when the enemy is a troll in a troll castle? ^^
It seems like the dialogue (university 2) with the mages is missing? I just saw the heroes in the chamber, but the scenario was won and it went on to the next university?
All in all the campaign was fun and a huge improvement (esp. until the scenario University) since the last time I looked upon it. It would be good, if these scneaios could be bolstered by additional dialogues, but from the gampelay it is worth playing now. ^^
Creator of "In Defense of Kharos" viewtopic.php?t=56628
thvk

Post by thvk »

Thank you for your feedback. I will try to correct the things you mentioned.
I am happy that you like the campaign.
thvk

Post by thvk »

I uploaded a new version with the fixes to the issues you listed.
Dialogues cost more time but i will try to improve them.