The Emperor - SP Campaign 1.14 (Bug Reports)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

boyoyoy

The Emperor - SP Campaign 1.14 (Bug Reports)

Post by boyoyoy »

Hello,
this is the first campaign I uploaded to the add-on server.
The story is about Xeltar and how he conquered the country. - Of course I didn't finished the campaign yet, there are only the first five playable scenarios.
I used Legend of the Invincibles as a dependency, because I really like the lvl 4 units and I think the game gets very interesting with all the abilities and weapon specials.
In this campaign I try to add some Special things like if you walk through fire, you start burning.
It would be really nice, If you'd tell me what I need to fix and how I can make the campaign more interesting.

boyoyoy
Last edited by boyoyoy on July 22nd, 2019, 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Still thinking about, if I should think about what I should think about...
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: The Emporer - SP Campaign 1.14 (Bug Reports)

Post by Konrad2 »

Maybe you mean 'Emperor'? (Kaiser/Imperator)
boyoyoy

Post by boyoyoy »

Omg....
I interchanged these letters nearly everywhere :( - And I didn't recognize :(
but thanks, now I've sth I can do :D

The campaign I named "The Emporer" is not on the server anymore, I uploaded it again, but now it is "The Emperor".

boyoyoy
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: The Emperor - SP Campaign 1.14 (Bug Reports)

Post by Konrad2 »

Lord Of The Undead
I can turn undead with 0hp or less over to my side because any undead Xeltar has hit turn to his side, skipping being defeated or things like that.
Why exactly would an undead lvl2 unit regenerate in water?
I also advise you to look for a proofreader.

No Time To Read
Animales -> Animals
I can keep reading after he says that the rest is to difficult to understand for him.

Also, why is every side with a leader allied against me?
Especially black is behaving weirdly.

I'd loose my -> lose

There seems to be no music in your scenarios.

The Circle
trough -> through
cantroll -> control
controlls -> controls
controll -> control

Thiefs
undaed -> undead

I have to ask, because those resistances are veeeery weird. Are the resistances for undead (in Sc5) intentional?

teh -> the

EDIT:
I've finished all the scenarios so far and to be honest, they are all long (and big) and tedious. This issue is basically amplified by the fact that your leader can't advance despite wading through more than a 100 enemies.
Attachments
That's what happens when the assassin appears (my defeat is unrelated though)
That's what happens when the assassin appears (my defeat is unrelated though)
TE-No Time To Read-Auto-Save146.gz
End the turn for the assassin to appear.
(267.47 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
TE-No Time To Read-Auto-Save55.gz
Reading progress 12/10.
(219.58 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
TE-No Time To Read-Auto-Save8.gz
Why does he have 30 of 29 hp when leveling up?
(213.79 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
TE-Lord Of The Undead-Auto-Save4.gz
(211.99 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
boyoyoy

Post by boyoyoy »

Thanks for reporting!

1. Bugs are fixed
2. My english is not the best, so I do let two other persons read everything I write, but it seems like they didn't find everything ;)
3. In which way is black behaving weirdly?
4. I really don't know why Xeltar can have 30/29 lives when leveling up. Before leveling up he has 27 max lives, after amla default (+3) he has 29, I don't know why.
5.really thanks

( 6. If you say that the scenarios are too long, you mean 3 and 2 or 3 and 5 or both? I like playing long scenarios, that's why I try to create them, but If you say they are too long, I'll try to not make them a bit (or a lot) more compact :) )

boyoyoy
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

3. No unit of black leaves the castle ever.

6. I mean all of them. Nothing new happens.
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

You can change topic name from The Emporer to The Emperor by editing first post title.
boyoyoy

Post by boyoyoy »

Hi,

@EarthCake

nice, thanks!

@Konrad2

I'll have a look at black

If you say that nothing new happens, you mean that all scenarios in the campaign look the same?

What I forgot:
Konrad2 wrote: July 21st, 2019, 5:00 pm Why exactly would an undead lvl2 unit regenerate in water?
I try to create something special for my campaign:
All units (most) have an element.
Now there are Fire, Water, Air and Earth. - Some new like Light, Darkness, Nature will follow.
Depending on their element they get advantages and in future maybe disadvantages, too.
Now all units get one buff at lvl2 (and the knownledge, which element they have) and one at lvl4.
These are the elements at this time:
Fire: Extra dmg on hit - lvl * 2 / incineration (from loti)
Water: 1MP in water (deep and swamp need 2) + regeneration in water / heal in water
Earth: +5% physikal resistances / +15% hitpoints
Air: +3 MP + Counter or Revenge / Fly

This is NOT finished and balanced (of course) If you have suggestions for balancing or new elements, I'd be happy to hear them.

To answer your question: I'm thinking about disabling some elements for some units or races, like water for undead except this walking corpse variation for the merfolk, but If I'd do that now, I'd disable water and earth (because Ghost have no "body") but then there would be left fire and Air, but I'd say with only two options, It'd be really boring.

boyoyoy
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

boyoyoy wrote: July 22nd, 2019, 3:45 pm If you say that nothing new happens, you mean that all scenarios in the campaign look the same?
Not exactly, more like all the scenarios have one theme, but when you have to go with for 50+ (sometimes 100+) turns, it gets tedious.
I try to create something special for my campaign:
All units (most) have an element.
Now there are Fire, Water, Air and Earth. - Some new like Light, Darkness, Nature will follow.
Depending on their element they get advantages and in future maybe disadvantages, too.
Now all units get one buff at lvl2 (and the knownledge, which element they have) and one at lvl4.
These are the elements at this time:
Fire: Extra dmg on hit - lvl * 2 / incineration (from loti)
Water: 1MP in water (deep and swamp need 2) + regeneration in water / heal in water
Earth: +5% physikal resistances / +15% hitpoints
Air: +3 MP + Counter or Revenge / Fly

This is NOT finished and balanced (of course) If you have suggestions for balancing or new elements, I'd be happy to hear them.

To answer your question: I'm thinking about disabling some elements for some units or races, like water for undead except this walking corpse variation for the merfolk, but If I'd do that now, I'd disable water and earth (because Ghost have no "body") but then there would be left fire and Air, but I'd say with only two options, It'd be really boring.

boyoyoy
I have no opinions about balance, because that's a field I've never ever had or have a clue about. (Btw, you can probably filter for specific units and not only for race overall. Just like Ghosts in LotI can't use normal equipment while other undeads can.)
In 'S3 and S5 my lvl 2 units do not get an element. Probably because they are not recruited? (I didn't bother with recruiting in S3.)

Also, why does a Bone Shooter need 80xp while a Revenant needs 150+xp?

I also want to point out that you did not answer my question about the resistances of my undead units in 'Thiefs'.
boyoyoy

Post by boyoyoy »

Hi,

Only the recruited units and the undead from lvl2 have elements. Just forgot to gave them to all the others :(

Ok, then I'll try to make future scenarios a bit shorter :) , but I think these (1-5) I wont change in the next time.

The Revenant needs 180 xp because one of his next units (Zombie Rider) is added from loti and there he needs 180xp while the Bone Shooters xp aren't changed. I'm sorry for it, but If I'd change one of these things to make the units strength equal, or nearly equal, I'd have to change other units strength or needed xp too. I'm not sure If I could balance it if I'd try to :(

Why are the resistances of your undead weird? In which way? My have normal values :/

boyoyoy
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

3. That's your call. It's fine by me as long it's intentional.

4. Look at my skeleton in the save.
Attachments
TE-Thiefs-Auto-Save3.gz
(227.21 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

This isn't a bug, but I just finished the first real scenario and I think I kind of see what konrad2 is getting at. I'm going to post my thoughts while they're fresh.

I've got a wraith, who is super powerful and good for scouting. Okay.

And then there's my hero, who moves kind of slow. He tends to convert just about every unit he confronts (or he misses, in which case he has to go heal for a few turns since he's got few HP). He never kills anyone, so he's not getting much XP.

A couple times I need to fight enemies who are in my way, but most of the time I can just walk right by them.

About halfway through, I've built up a nice little undead army, even levelling one of them up. I ended up just leaving them there because I don't have a use for them, and I don't get to keep them so why try to level them?

So, what is the point of the scenario. Other than wandering around in a cave for dozens of turns looking for an exit, what am I trying to do?

[BTW, my new laptop is a piece of junk, and runs windows. It takes like 30 seconds from when I hit "end turn" until I can move again. In this scenario, each turn takes about 3 seconds for me to make my moves, so like 90% of the time I'm just sitting there staring at the screen.]

What if you had a lich king with a small army (not busy fighting another faction) blocking the exit, so I needed to build up (and maybe level up) an undead army to get through? That would make me feel like I was doing something, building up to something, instead of just wandering through a cave. And maybe throw in some rats and (I hate to say it) bats so I can also work on levelling my hero.

Just my thoughts.
boyoyoy

Post by boyoyoy »

Hi,

I see the skeleton having normal resistances. :?
Spoiler:
boyoyoy
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

How much you planned by making scenarios to complete? Answer my question, please.
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
boyoyoy

Post by boyoyoy »

Hi,

if you want to know how many scenarios I planned to create: Today I think I'll create 10 about scenarios in the first part, and about 10 in the second.
That depends on, how long I have fun creating this campaign :D - but the ONLY thing that is sure: There will be about 10 scenarios in the first part.
How many parts I'll create is not decided, and how many scenarios they'll have not, too.

Counts your question as answered now? ( Of course I try to answer your question, why shall I not do so? :? )

boyoyoy