Survival Games - a Hunger-Games inspired scenario

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Toshniel

Survival Games - a Hunger-Games inspired scenario

Post by Toshniel »

Hello fellow wesnothians :)

One day i decided to explore the idea of how the Hunger Games could be played in Wesnoth. Originally intended as only a fun map to play with my group, it turned out to play well enough (and hungery enough) for me to think even you, the people of the internet, might perhaps want to give it a try and actually enjoy it :D

Here's how it works:
-the players all start in a central hub of a large map divided by geography into several sections/biomes
-income and gold is always low, so you always have only a few units and your leader plays a bigger role
-villages are few and far apart in order to simulate valuable items (cause i can't do WML and use actual items :D )
-keeps are littered over the map and always one hex only, so if you want to recruit units, you have to invest some time into it. Time other leaders could spend capturing villages.
-around turn 60, spiders are released from the corners to flush the remaining players together to the central hub (or easily kill them if they stand ground)

It can be played with AI, but it always fights for the closest keep and then sits there until it can recruit it's first unit.

I know it isn't perfectly balanced because i dislike symmetric maps :D

Feel free to post any feedback and/or modify the map for your own projects, just please credit me if you upload it as a separate addon :)
Attachments
Survival_Games.zip
(6.36 KiB) Downloaded 310 times
profyverya

Re: Survival Games - a Hunger-Games inspired scenario

Post by profyverya »

Your map is really diverse and unusual. Can I use and edit it for my own campaign? (I want to create some RPG)
Creator of The World of Death RPG, maintainer of Soldier of Wesnoth
Toshniel

Post by Toshniel »

Sure, good luck :)
profyverya

Post by profyverya »

Thank you!
Creator of The World of Death RPG, maintainer of Soldier of Wesnoth