Writer and map designer looking for campaign to co-develop

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

JoelMarler

Writer and map designer looking for campaign to co-develop

Post by JoelMarler »

Now that my first computer game is only a few months from being finished, I'm looking to collaborate on a campaign with someone who knows the coding side of things. I'm an experienced writer who has written several books, and I've got experience mapping on a different engine. If you're working on something you think I'd find interesting, send me a message!
beetlenaut
Developer

Re: Writer and map designer looking for campaign to co-develop

Post by beetlenaut »

Unfortunately, this hardly ever works. Many of the people who know how to code in Wesnoth started out trying to find someone else to code their idea for them, but it's hard to find someone who gets excited about that. Fortunately, WML is designed to be pretty easy to learn, and you don't need to know much of it to get a project started.

By coincidence, I just uploaded a simple campaign specifically designed to teach you enough WML to get by. You should look for "WML Guide" on the add-on server and take a look at the code, or follow the "Create" link at the top of the page and work through the WML tutorial you can find there.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
ghype

Re: Writer and map designer looking for campaign to co-develop

Post by ghype »

hello, even though I am not (yet) interested in any collaboration,
I am still interested in seeing some of your past work?

so you exclusively write only?

JoelMarler wrote: October 20th, 2018, 12:15 am looking to collaborate on a campaign with someone who knows the coding side of things
or are you also doing art works? asking since you looking only for coder, not graphic artist.