Rebirth_in_Nature - RPG Campaign

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

RainKnight

Rebirth_in_Nature - RPG Campaign

Post by RainKnight »

This thread is for submitting bugs and any kind of suggestions related to the Campaign «Rebirth in Nature».
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Rebirth_in_Nature - RPG Campaign

Post by Konrad2 »

Typo in the first dialogue scenario:
'Can you brought me to life again?' -> 'Can you bring me to life again?' (And my suggestion would be 'back to life again' instead)

'..., our alliance need his expertise...' -> '..., our alliance needs his expertise...'

Typo in Evoker description:
...that first sentence is too long. Split it up or use commas.
'...As an unusual spirit, is capable...and toughts...and anothers.' -> '...As an unusual spirit, (s)he(?) is capable...and thoughts...and others.'

The ability 'last breath' is lacking a desription. And it is missing capital letters.

The next scenario(Antechamber) you start with 27/45 hp. Why?

Information typos:
How to play:
'...disigned...certain location...' -> '...designed...certain locations...'

How to get stronger:
I really don't understand from that description how to get 'essences'. Or 'souls'. So far I have zero and one each. I don't know why.

I've enabled the Desert Traveler stance, but my status says, that my stance is still normal. (Apparently that doesn't work yet, 3MP needed for sand)
There is a mechanic that restores/gives mp after moving. It would be really useful in 'Antechamber'. Example: 'Outpost' in 'A Group in a War'

After talking to Celenir, give the player a hint that everything worked/that you should go to the Irdya gate. (And maybe that I reeeeeally should talk to the trapper and get that stance)

I somehow healed for 1hp at daytime..?

'The Siege of Mara'
Maybe make the enemy leader more stationary? She got killed by the enemy undead because she went too far away from her army...

Why is the Evoker not immune to lifesteal or plague? (That sounds like something a spirit should be immune against)

...why the heck is the Evoker a lvl 7 unit?

The Trapper keeps telling me that he can teach me to travel the desert for free, even though he already did that.

What is a Naart? I feel like I'm missing some information there. :D

It would be better if I could navigate through questions and stuff instead of having to move whenever a question was answered (Information or Celenir after the 1st fight)

Coast Castle
6,20 has a 'Talk' lable but there is noone to talk to.

North Ruins
The order of the lines I speak with Adriath seems to be wrong (that last message from him)
And who is Anna?

The Drowned City: Kazuur
Seems to be unbeatable.
Rebirth-The Drowned City Kazuur-Autospeichern11.gz
(47.16 KiB) Downloaded 603 times
I think this campaign is really interesting and unique.

EDIT:
I really believe that you'd gain a lot if you would ask tamanegi if you can use his 'Outpost' system or if you try to create something similiar.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

So you won't miss this:
I think it would be better if you uploaded your campaign using your forum name. That would make it easier to connect that campaign to you and find this post.
RainKnight

Post by RainKnight »

Konrad2 wrote: June 21st, 2018, 8:21 am So you won't miss this:
I think it would be better if you uploaded your campaign using your forum name. That would make it easier to connect that campaign to you and find this post.
Thank you for your suggestions. As you may noticed, my English is still lacking and my writing in a foreign language isn't real good, I'll really appreciate any corrections you can make me.
(1) I am writing a contextual menu that can change the stances without going into a bonfire.
(2) As for the essences and souls, they're gained by killing enemies, but their yield must be low.
(3) I really think that the Antechamber must have a «moveto» event to replenish movement points, writing something on my own shouldn't be so hard.

As for the Naart: they're spirits, but unusual spirits; that's why are not inmune to drain (still they should be inmune to plague...) Anna will be one of them too, still Celenir shouldn't know about her... I mislicked.

I expect that should be able to upload all the corrections soon. (If the World Cup doesn't distract me so much)

PD: Thank you for your support.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I'd like to point out that I can't continue with the campaign (without cheating) until you update it. :D
RainKnight

Post by RainKnight »

Konrad2 wrote: June 22nd, 2018, 4:34 pm I'd like to point out that I can't continue with the campaign (without cheating) until you update it. :D
And there, the campaign should be updated by now, and uploaded using my forum name.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

It is. ^^ (Do you mind writing up a changelog?)

EDIT: (will be updated more and more)
Does your campaign name mean:
a) Nature is being reborn?
b) Something is reborn in nature?

Intro, page 1
'...unable to awakre I listened to…in which every shadows around began dancing into a vortex,...cutting any remains of their peace, and utterly rip them…meet their end in the same way...maybe because of that place, maybe because of the dark arts...pull herself outside the eternal gap, in that moment was impossible to alter the world in any physical way…I was part of the….cause no matter how well do you know….'
->
'….and unable to wake up, I had to listen to…in which every shadow around (me?) began dancing and forming a vortex (or did you mean that were dancing towards a vortex?),...cutting up all what remained of their peace, and utterly ripped them...had now met their end the same way…Maybe it was because of that place, maybe it was because of the dark arts...pull itself out of the eternal gap(can you decribe to me what you are trying to say?), and from that moment it became impossible for me to alter the world in any physical way...I was now part of the...because no matter how well you know… '

page 2
'...in my memory,...And that hopes...we've...crysis...and no world was longer safe...'
->
'...in my mind,...And those hopes...we...crisis...and every world was no longer safe...'

'Beginning'
Aucrin: (...made..?) -> (...make..?)
Aucrin: ...the price of the bargain in exchange their coming lives; others were forcused to question Yrael about the menace above him.
-> ...the unknown price for becoming alive once more; others were forcused on questioning Yrael about the menace that made him voice his plea for help.
Nirix: ...by your blood, and was spilled by yourselves too, since the dawn of time you have always been fighting, what's so different about this time?
-> ...in blood, which was spilled by all of you. You've always been fighting since the dawn of time, what's different now?
Aucrin: ...is enough to resort into this drastic measure?
-> ...could make you resort to this drastic measure?
Yrael: Aucrin? When you died? -> Aucrin? When did you die?/You died?
Nirix: That changes all,...them -> That changes everything,... them.
Coaxur: To do so, we need to be alive -> We'd have to be alive to do so.
Aucrin: We've all came under... -> We've all come/We all came because of...
Yrael: ...
Yrael: ...live again -> ...live again.
Yrael: Now you need to and...despite his attitude for foreigners, our alliance needs his expertise... -> Now you need to...we need his expertise, even despite his dislike for foreigners...

Evoker description:
'their' -> 'his/her'
'develop' -> '

Hunter description:
This unit gains 3 movement point in the end of any attack Gains 1 gold with every kill and heals 3 hitpoints.
-> This unit gains 3 movement points at the end of any attack. Gains 1 gold and heals 3 hitpoints for every kill.

Link(2-4) -> Link (2-4)
As the night embraces, the naart receives strong healing influence...and 2at dusk...
-> As the night falls, the naart regenerative abilities grow stronger...and 2 at dusk...

Antechamber
So, last scenario two other people got revived, Nirix and Coaxur. But only Coaxur arrived on the map.

Movement Points refill: Works. But I do suggest to give like 40 movement points, so I can move pretty much everywhere by clicking that hex once, instead of having to do so multiple times.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Is Aucrin being able to attack twice per turn intended?

Changing your stance restores all of your hp.

The Drowned City (After that dream)
I start with -14 hp.
The scenario objectives tell me to search for some power source of the drowned city, but when I want to display them again, they are telling me about some seals.
RainKnight

Post by RainKnight »

Konrad2 wrote: June 23rd, 2018, 11:08 pm Is Aucrin being able to attack twice per turn intended?
Yes, that was intended.
Konrad2 wrote: June 23rd, 2018, 11:08 pm Changing your stance restores all of your hp.
That's weird, It didn't happen to me...
Konrad2 wrote: June 23rd, 2018, 11:08 pm The Drowned City (After that dream)
I start with -14 hp.
Mmm... I have an idea of what happened there. Fixing.
Konrad2 wrote: June 23rd, 2018, 11:08 pm The scenario objectives tell me to search for some power source of the drowned city, but when I want to display them again, they are telling me about some seals.
Kazuur was the power source. (The dialogue is not clear, isn't it?) The seals are the consequence of that dream.
Have you reached Anna? There's some clearer clue of what happened
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

The dialogue is not clear.
And scenario objectives should kinda be based on what the charakter and player knows.
1.) Finding Anna (level 0). That goal just appears, while the player has no idea who Anna is or why you would be looking for her.
2.) Finding the power source. Still no idea why or how.
3.) Finding the seals. Why would the player know how many there are and where to find them? Or what they even do?
4.) Find Anna in the Cavern (Level 1). So..how did I find out where she is? I don't quite understand.

North Ruins (Level 1)
After talking twice with that red mage, I tried talking a third time with him. Then he repeated what he said in (Level 0).

And I've made a post before the one you answered to. ^^

When I tried to go from the Volcano to the drowned city (level 1), this happened: 'Error Unknown Scenario: 'S02_Kazuur'

When I go to The Drowned City from 'Northern Ruin' (level 1), the Scenario 'The Drowned City: Kazuur' happens again.

Why do I (still) heal 1 hp at daytime?

Resistance stance does not lower my mp.
Spirit_of_Currents

Post by Spirit_of_Currents »

I found some problems.

1. In the start of The Drowned City scenario I have zero or minus three HP.
2. In The Drowned City: Kazuur scenario there is an undead unit on impassable mountains, having 0 % defence.
3. I need to take every seal twice.
4. Resistance stance only increases resistances by 10 %.
5. Leveling up makes enemies more powerful so it isn't beneficial. I think enemy power should depend on the area, not player's level.

Stances make very small difference. It would be more interesting if the player came able to change to different unit type.
There are very much electrical currents in my brain.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Personally I think that stances are good as it is, but only if my enemies won't grow rapidely stronger. I can easily kill a great number of lvl 1 units, but I'd run into trouble very fast if I have to fight an army of lvl 2 units (by myself).
profyverya

Post by profyverya »

I have found one bug: there is no way to complete scenario "The dream of breathing". I tried to do everything.
Creator of The World of Death RPG, maintainer of Soldier of Wesnoth
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

profyverya wrote: June 25th, 2018, 7:00 am I have found one bug: there is no way to complete scenario "The dream of breathing". I tried to do everything.
You have to go to every hex with 'Examine', then you have to visit Crater, Tower and Debris and afterwards you have to go to the castle. And then you have to fight a miniboss.

(It took me 37 turns to figure this out by trying everything possible)
profyverya

Post by profyverya »

Konrad2 wrote: June 25th, 2018, 7:51 am
profyverya wrote: June 25th, 2018, 7:00 am I have found one bug: there is no way to complete scenario "The dream of breathing". I tried to do everything.
You have to go to every hex with 'Examine', then you have to visit Crater, Tower and Debris and afterwards you have to go to the castle. And then you have to fight a miniboss.

(It took me 37 turns to figure this out by trying everything possible)
thank you!
Creator of The World of Death RPG, maintainer of Soldier of Wesnoth