Wesnoth Porting Project

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Daravel

Wesnoth Porting Project

Post by Daravel »

As I posted here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17171&start=283 I'm looking to port over add-ons that have been left behind on the older servers. This will just be complete (or mostly complete), but certainly functional, add-ons - rather than a wholesale dumping of incomplete content. My proposed plan is:

- Generate a list of add-ons from 1.12 and earlier that are not on the 1.14 server. This has been done and is located here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing. The file should be open for anyone to edit. Two things to be done here, 1) Identify missing add-ons, remove duplicates and correct details and 2) keep a log of what porting actions have been done and by who

- Identify the incomplete/broken add-ons and label them as such. They can then go into a separate list at some point.

- Identify the working add-ons and update the WML to get them working on the 1.14. We would need to decide on the best approach after this, I favour sending a message to the original author to let them know, making a post in its original thread and adding a message to the start of the add-on (where applicable). We then upload them to the 1.14 server.

- This isn't about bug fixing add-ons, implementing changes or becoming the maintainer. The work would revolve around getting them functional on 1.14.

I'm going to need some help. I haven't used wmllint before and my wml isn't that great. There are also ~1,500 add-ons on the list. For now I have picked a random one and will try and get it working on 1.14 - hopefully momentum builds from there.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Wesnoth Porting Project

Post by Ravana »

Added some comments for my addons there.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Screenshot_20180504_071336.png
Screenshot_20180504_071336.png (9.58 KiB) Viewed 3767 times
According to that list, AtS is 100.30 terabytes in size, which... I mean, I know it’s a huge campaign and all, but my largest hard disk only has about 3 TB of capacity.

Jokes aside, I will be porting IftU and AtS myself in time as soon as Wesnoth stops being on fire due to the release of version 1.14.0.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I've been digging through to forums for Syntax changes in WML and Lua since 1.0. I'll try putting a complete list together at some point, that way anyone wanting to port old campaigns will maybe have an easier time identifying code that has to be changed for it to work in 1.14. Preferably with examples how to make it work instead.

EDIT:
I've moved the list to the relevant WML Workshop thread here.

EDIT 2:
Updated your list in a very minor way (looking through the 1.14. addon server).
Xara

Post by Xara »

Would be great if one can sort by download.
It pronounces Sha'ha, not Zara.

Feedback Thread of my Add-ons
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

@Xara
Do you mean numbers of download? And why?

@Daravel
You have the right sizes for the addons...you just multiplied them with 10^6. ._.

EDIT: I'm also adding stuff that's on 1.14 to the list (mostly with the status 'maintained'), because it's easier to add them now, than to possibly having to dig them up when 1.15/1.16 is released.