A Magicians Tale (SP campaign for 1.14)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Argesilao

Re: A Magicians Tale

Post by Argesilao »

Posted the 3.0.4 version of the campaign

In the scenarios 02 and 03 the turns are changed:

old (3.0.3 version) easy: 36 normal: 30 hard: 24
new(3.0.4 version) easy: 36 normal: 32 hard: 28
Dornteufel

Re: A Magicians Tale (SP campaign for 1.14)

Post by Dornteufel »

I just played your campaign and it was good fun. However I feel like it could really improve if someone went through and checked your English. Please don't take this personally. It's just my honest opinion.
Argesilao

Post by Argesilao »

Dornteufel wrote: July 22nd, 2018, 8:37 am I just played your campaign and it was good fun. However I feel like it could really improve if someone went through and checked your English. Please don't take this personally. It's just my honest opinion.
Don't worry, I am the first to be aware of the weakness of my English :oops:

I'm making attempts to improve it, but I fear that I would need someone to check my texts, but I don't find anyone :augh:

However, I'm glad you liked the campaign, english a part. :)
Trossknecht

Post by Trossknecht »

"A Magician's Tale" is a splendid campaign, full of original features. Thus, I offer both my thanks, and my gratitude, to Argesilao.

In the course of playing the scenario called "A Raid into the Mist" I have found that the Shadow Mage is extraordinarily difficult to find. That is, while he sometimes pops up when I occupy a village with one of my units, there have been many occasions when I have been able to occupy all villages, and kill all orcs on the board, without causing the Shadow Mage to appear.

What am I doing wrong?
Argesilao

Post by Argesilao »

Trossknecht wrote: July 23rd, 2018, 10:20 pm In the course of playing the scenario called "A Raid into the Mist" I have found that the Shadow Mage is extraordinarily difficult to find. That is, while he sometimes pops up when I occupy a village with one of my units, there have been many occasions when I have been able to occupy all villages, and kill all orcs on the board, without causing the Shadow Mage to appear.

What am I doing wrong?
Unfortunately it's my mistake, an 's' absent in the name of a variable to clear :doh:
I'm sorry for this inconvenience, especially in a particularly long scenario :cry:

I already fixed the problem, at least I hope so, and I released the corrected version of the campaign.

My thanks for your report
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Wow, playing through this campaign was really fun. Such a lot of fascinating and unusual ideas. Thank you for this great campaign. Good job.
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
Trossknecht

Post by Trossknecht »

Thank you so much for the update!
Argesilao

Post by Argesilao »

Posted the 3.1 version

Added the italian translation, some error fixed, some little improvement here and there, a new demons bunch in the last scenario.

Have fun!
Meong

Post by Meong »

I played the campaign with Subord in it.
I'm really impressed with Subord's ability (take 50% hp from enemy) but damn i can't even make him attack anyone. He needs to always protected because his low hp, his attack isn't very impressive too. Idk how many times he killed by an enemy when I'm playing, he's really useless.
The low hp gryphon is better than him for stealing kill.
Argesilao

Post by Argesilao »

Meong wrote: December 11th, 2018, 2:35 pm I played the campaign with Subord in it.
I'm really impressed with Subord's ability (take 50% hp from enemy) but damn i can't even make him attack anyone. He needs to always protected because his low hp, his attack isn't very impressive too. Idk how many times he killed by an enemy when I'm playing, he's really useless.
The low hp gryphon is better than him for stealing kill.
The Orc Shaman is a weak unit in the campaign "Son of the Black Eye", so I did not want to twist it; I think it is still an interesting unit.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

The Mime Palace
Happens when you move on 25,17. Looks like a simple typo to me.
Infrantryman -> Infantryman
Attachments
infantry.png
Argesilao

Post by Argesilao »

Konrad2 wrote: February 8th, 2019, 10:03 pm The Mime Palace
Happens when you move on 25,17. Looks like a simple typo to me.
Infrantryman -> Infantryman
Fixed (3.1.2 version)

Thank you ;)
Last edited by Argesilao on February 10th, 2019, 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Sorry for noticing this only now, but all of those prisoners you free there have the 'loyal' marker but demand upkeep.

And Arthos 'Last Breath' message is missing at least one period at the end of the sentence.
Argesilao

Post by Argesilao »

Konrad2 wrote: February 9th, 2019, 7:20 pm Sorry for noticing this only now, but all of those prisoners you free there have the 'loyal' marker but demand upkeep.
Fixed (3.1.3 version)
I always forget that IS_LOYAL only puts the marker and doesn't add the trait loyal :oops:
Konrad2 wrote: February 9th, 2019, 7:20 pm And Arthos 'Last Breath' message is missing at least one period at the end of the sentence.
Why do you think this? :?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Konrad2 wrote: February 9th, 2019, 7:20 pm And Arthos 'Last Breath' message is missing at least one period at the end of the sentence.
Why do you think this? :?
Because it ends with '... falconer'. Instead of '... falconer.' or '... falconer...' And usually sentences do have one period at their end. :(

EDIT:
beliver -> believers
in me -> in me.

The blue potion doesn't modifiy max hp, instead it modifies actual hp.

The 'Armory Guardians Dwarven' (orange) do not move until my first unit enters their attack range.

EDIT 2:
7,19 belongs to side 6 instead of side 5 (which is weird).
There is a Dragon Statue on 14,14 which should probably be on 15,14.
My Direwolf Rider is somehow unable to use the healing potion.

EDIT 3:
Towards the Dread Swamp
monilith -> monolith

Why do Demons have 'Monster' as race instead of 'Demon'?