A Magicians Tale (SP campaign for 1.14)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Argesilao

Re: A Magicians Tale (SP campaign for 1.14)

Post by Argesilao »

Konrad2 wrote: February 10th, 2019, 1:28 pm Because it ends with '... falconer'. Instead of '... falconer.' or '... falconer...' And usually sentences do have one period at their end. :(
I understood. I thought a few words were missing in the speech.

Konrad2 wrote: February 10th, 2019, 1:28 pm The blue potion doesn't modifiy max hp, instead it modifies actual hp.

The 'Armory Guardians Dwarven' (orange) do not move until my first unit enters their attack range.
both cases are correct; The healing potion must restore the max hp, all dwarven initially placed on the map have a 'guardian' behavior.
Konrad2 wrote: February 10th, 2019, 1:28 pm 7,19 belongs to side 6 instead of side 5 (which is weird).
There is a Dragon Statue on 14,14 which should probably be on 15,14.
My Direwolf Rider is somehow unable to use the healing potion.

Towards the Dread Swamp
monilith -> monolith
all fixed in the 3.1.4 version
Konrad2 wrote: February 10th, 2019, 1:28 pm Why do Demons have 'Monster' as race instead of 'Demon'?
Because the demons in the "Under the Burnings Suns" campaign have monster as race.
It would probably have been better to create a race of demon 'ad hoc' ; I'll do it in the future.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Towards the Dread Swamp
Defeat the lich leader and then Gaius reach the monolith behind his castle -> Defeat the lich leader and move Gaius afterwards to the monolith behind the castle
Gaius reach the monolith behind his castle -> Gaius reaches the monolith behind the castle

EDIT:
Battle with Demons
The unit on 8,4 should be on 8,5.
It's also odd that Mal-Kevlar has all villages while his allies have none.
Argesilao

Post by Argesilao »

Konrad2 wrote: February 17th, 2019, 8:24 pm Towards the Dread Swamp
Defeat the lich leader and then Gaius reach the monolith behind his castle -> Defeat the lich leader and move Gaius afterwards to the monolith behind the castle
Gaius reach the monolith behind his castle -> Gaius reaches the monolith behind the castle

EDIT:
Battle with Demons
The unit on 8,4 should be on 8,5.
Fixed in the 3.1.5 version
Konrad2 wrote: February 17th, 2019, 8:24 pm It's also odd that Mal-Kevlar has all villages while his allies have none.
Well, It depends on how egocentric the leader is :lol:

Thanks for the feedbacks :D
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Mal-Kevlar is the only leader who can't recruit or recall, so...

It does not make much sense that all those Human Necromancers die just because Mal-Kevlar is dead.

wehere -> where

EDIT:
Mulberryn has a 'loyal' marker instead of a silver crown.
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Played on easy. Difficulty seemed about right, except for Raid which I found kind of tight on the turn limit. Actually, I found the limited movement due to terrain a little annoying throughout.
Spoiler:
In the very beginning Tankyn (who also goes by Tankin?) asks for 58 gold, but you hire him for 54.

At one point, someone says "Lomelindin has done his part". His?

There were a number of missing images. Log file attached.
Spoiler:
Attachments
wesnoth-20190223-120726-6056.log
(89.75 KiB) Downloaded 354 times
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
Argesilao

Post by Argesilao »

Konrad2 wrote: February 24th, 2019, 9:51 pm Mal-Kevlar is the only leader who can't recruit or recall, so...

It does not make much sense that all those Human Necromancers die just because Mal-Kevlar is dead.
Well, currently we can suppose the Nacromancers escaped at the dead of Mal-Kevlar; I'll do something better later.
Spoiler:
white_haired_uncle wrote: February 26th, 2019, 2:57 am In the very beginning Tankyn (who also goes by Tankin?) asks for 58 gold, but you hire him for 54.
At one point, someone says "Lomelindin has done his part". His?
There were a number of missing images. Log file attached.
all fixed in version 3.1.6
Spoiler:
Thank you for your feedback
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Please give Epic Between the Tides some love too! D:
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

How about replacing the 'Mage' for the Easy difficulty with an 'Arch Mage' (r downgrade the Great/Elder Mage)? Then the progression would make more sense.
Mage -> (Red Mage -> Arch Mage ->) Great Mage -> Elder Mage
Or is there really such a jump in difficulty between Easy and Normal?

EDIT:
Also, not really a bug, but your [difficulty] for Hard isn't indented correctly (main file).
holypaladin

Post by holypaladin »

Great campaning...but I don't understand:why I can summon woses?
„Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam"
Argesilao

Post by Argesilao »

holypaladin wrote: April 25th, 2019, 2:46 pm Great campaning...but I don't understand:why I can summon woses?
Mabel has the ability to animate the forest; in fact you can summon woses only if Mable is near a forest sector.

it is simply a skill possessed by Mabel. :eng:
holypaladin

Post by holypaladin »

ok thanks.
„Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam"
WackoJacko

Post by WackoJacko »

HI Argesilao,
Playing through your campaign at the moment and really enjoying it. I noticed you were looking for someone to reword the dialogue. If you wanna post a text file I'll look through it for you :). I'm enjoying the new abilities of the heroes however it might be helpful to include a help screen where you can check what the abilities are, in case you forget. I'm thinking something like LOTI (simple right-click --> help --?abilities). Again, just a suggestion.

Back to the dialogue, only one major spelling mistake that needs correcting; S5 "Unespected Allies" --> "Unexpected Allies"

Thanks for making a great campaign though. I'll post more as I complete it
ChristTrekker

Post by ChristTrekker »

Argesilao wrote: July 23rd, 2018, 8:49 pm I'm making attempts to improve it, but I fear that I would need someone to check my texts, but I don't find anyone :augh:
How can I contribute some proofreading/suggestions for dialog?
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Reaching: all to the elvish > both elvish
Busy: pratice > practice
Raid: No early finish bonus

Subord: description of life scramble is life scramble. Thanks. (never did figure out what to do with this)
two rings and a cloak: ashtoning > astonishing?
Mines: Tresury > Treasury
cloack > cloak #a few times
belivers > believers

Mamour: description of place bomb is place bomb
Straff

Post by Straff »

Thank you for reporting this issues. I have fixed all of them.
white_haired_uncle wrote: December 18th, 2021, 10:36 pm Subord: description of life scramble is life scramble
I've changed the description.
white_haired_uncle wrote: December 18th, 2021, 10:36 pm (never did figure out what to do with this)
I’m guessing you don’t mean you don’t understand how the ability works, but you don’t know how to use it without losing Subort, right?
I don’t know either. That’s quite a suicide-ability. In many test games I almost never have used the ability, because it only makes sense when there are two or more enemies adjacent to Subord, which results in his almost certain death when the enemy strikes back.