Voyage of a Drake: an RPG

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Voyage of a Drake: an RPG

Post by Konrad2 »

Samonella wrote: August 3rd, 2018, 12:21 am
'Stop to talk,' as in stopping what you're doing for the purpose of talking, not 'stop the talk.'
In that case...please word it in a different way. This very ambigous. ._.
Samonella

Post by Samonella »

Konrad2 wrote: August 3rd, 2018, 12:38 am In that case...please word it in a different way. This very ambigous. ._.
Huh, sure I guess. 'Stop to talk' is a common phrase where I'm from.

In other news, it turns out that getting an event to move the horse back to the stable would take a lot of work. :? Some parts of my code are a real mess.
The last few months have been nothing but one big, painful reminder that TIMTLTW.

Creator of Armory Mod, The Rising Underworld, and Voyage of a Drake: an RPG
profyverya

Post by profyverya »

Commodir's puzzles are really hard :shock:
Your campaign is really great
Creator of The World of Death RPG, maintainer of Soldier of Wesnoth
Samonella

Post by Samonella »

profyverya wrote: August 4th, 2018, 5:41 pm Commodir's puzzles are really hard :shock:
Your campaign is really great
Thanks, i guess, and thanks!
The last few months have been nothing but one big, painful reminder that TIMTLTW.

gwen42

Post by gwen42 »

So I finally finished this, after three or four nights of playing it, and maybe 800 turns. I quite enjoyed it, so that is not a complaint!
The puzzle in the mine was very hard -- or at least, the last section of it took me longer than I'd like to admit.
Spoiler:
I would be ecstatic if there were a second chapter to this, but I can tell you did quite a lot of work to put it together.
Bravo!
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Spoiler:
Samonella

Post by Samonella »

gwen42 wrote: August 10th, 2018, 4:55 am So I finally finished this, after three or four nights of playing it, and maybe 800 turns. I quite enjoyed it, so that is not a complaint!
The puzzle in the mine was very hard -- or at least, the last section of it took me longer than I'd like to admit.
Glad you liked it! And I confess that I made that last minecart puzzle as hard as I possibly could. :lol:

gwen42 wrote: August 10th, 2018, 4:55 amIt seemed like there was a hint that Voadar might go to the capitol eventually, but the option was never available.
gwen42 wrote: August 10th, 2018, 4:55 amI would be ecstatic if there were a second chapter to this, but I can tell you did quite a lot of work to put it together.
If there was ever a sequel, it would feature the capital, but frankly that isn't likely to happen. Making a new one from the ground up would take years, and whenever I want to work on this type of campaign I'll probably just add more events/options to this one.

gwen42

Post by gwen42 »

Konrad2 wrote: August 10th, 2018, 6:28 am
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
gwen42

Post by gwen42 »

Samonella wrote: August 10th, 2018, 7:18 pm
gwen42 wrote: August 10th, 2018, 4:55 am So I finally finished this, after three or four nights of playing it, and maybe 800 turns. I quite enjoyed it, so that is not a complaint!
Glad you liked it! And I confess that I made that last minecart puzzle as hard as I possibly could. :lol:
Aha! The truth comes out! lol.
Samonella wrote: August 10th, 2018, 7:18 pm
gwen42 wrote: August 10th, 2018, 4:55 amIt seemed like there was a hint that Voadar might go to the capitol eventually, but the option was never available.
gwen42 wrote: August 10th, 2018, 4:55 amI would be ecstatic if there were a second chapter to this, but I can tell you did quite a lot of work to put it together.
If there was ever a sequel, it would feature the capital, but frankly that isn't likely to happen. Making a new one from the ground up would take years, and whenever I want to work on this type of campaign I'll probably just add more events/options to this one.
I completely understand.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

gwen42 wrote: August 12th, 2018, 3:43 am
Konrad2 wrote: August 10th, 2018, 6:28 am
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Scaramush

Post by Scaramush »

please somebody (author) help me with the third mines-puzzle, its too hard
Sur_191

Post by Sur_191 »

Scaramush wrote: August 15th, 2018, 2:42 pm please somebody (author) help me with the third mines-puzzle, its too hard
Here is solution.
Creator of Wrath of the Lich Lords (abandoned).
Samonella

Post by Samonella »

Sur_191 wrote: August 15th, 2018, 8:18 pmHere is solution.
Wow, that's pretty different from mine! The only two methods I knew of were almost identical to each other. Anyway, here's my solution in game save form, even though the pictures are probably easier to reference while following along in your own game. (You have to check 'show replay' from the load screen.)
Minecarts_Solution.gz
(308.6 KiB) Downloaded 401 times
Also, I just want to note that solving this puzzle isn't required for the campaign, so these solutions are strictly for satisfying curiosity, not for cheating to get the reward. ;)

Scaramush

Post by Scaramush »

thanks guys)
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

some (a lot of) random suggestions:
Spoiler: