Voyage of a Drake: an RPG

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Samonella

Re: Voyage of a Drake: an RPG

Post by Samonella »

That was intended; all I changed was a couple words of the campaign description.

There is a decent chance that soon I'll finally fix the bugs you and sergey reported though. Thanks for the feedback by the way!
The last few months have been nothing but one big, painful reminder that TIMTLTW.

Creator of Armory Mod, The Rising Underworld, and Voyage of a Drake: an RPG
Aboszor

Post by Aboszor »

I have a problem...
Spoiler:
I really have no idea if this happens to everyone, or that my computer is sh*tty in some way but either way, any advice?
Samonella

Post by Samonella »

Aboszor wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 7:26 pm I have a problem...
I just tried it again, and it doesn't happen for me. Do you still have a save file that you can easily make it happen with? If so, please post it.
The last few months have been nothing but one big, painful reminder that TIMTLTW.

Aboszor

Post by Aboszor »

Here ya go. Thanks for helping.
Attachments
VoaDaR-Voyage Kör 388.gz
(350.04 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
Samonella

Post by Samonella »

It works fine for me. :?

So it crashes during the messages when he first appears? Weird. Could you try it again, and (assuming wesnoth still crashes) post the resulting log file?

Samonella

Post by Samonella »

Alright, finally fixed those bugs from March. Or, the easy ones, at least.
sergey wrote: March 17th, 2019, 10:40 am Hi Samonella. The campaign is brilliant!
Some minor bugs:
Thanks!

sergey wrote: March 17th, 2019, 10:40 am - Hob has dim and weak traits. But during the fight in the arena he had intelligent, dim and weak traits.
Turns out this one would take a little work, and since it doesn't really matter I'm not bothering with it. :|

sergey wrote: March 17th, 2019, 10:40 am - Rachael's portrait is different when she is inside or outside the boat.
- When I gave the item to the Robert, right after that he still says he wish to have it.
Konrad2 wrote: March 15th, 2019, 11:51 am Just a small thing, but the campaign(/scenario? I have no clue) awards the wrong laurel/wreath upon completion. (Apparently caused by using the old difficulties syntax.)
These are all fixed. Thanks again!

stencil

Post by stencil »

Hello, just wanted to leave a note that Voyage of a Drake RPG is my favorite add-on I've played through (out of ~20). So many thanks! And in case anyone else reads through the whole forum thread looking for clues like I did, it might be helpful for them to know that pretty much all the clues on the forum are also given at the statue-fountain (I forget which one it is), so they're contained in-game. And, buying a drink is not the same as using the drink (seems obvious now, but confused me for a long time) :doh: Cheers!
Thank you to everyone who has worked on this game!
Samonella

Post by Samonella »

Hey, thanks for the flattery! Always nice to hear, especially when it's time to update for 1.15 and motivation is low.

versidue

Post by versidue »

Making a forum account just to post this

I just beat this campaign! It was awesome, I loved it, had a blast playing it

I really enjoyed all the characters and their responses to everything, all the little touches. I liked Grigur, how he seemed to be looking out for Voadar. I liked having a drinking contest with the dwarf blacksmiths. I liked the gladiator guys, they seemed genuinely nice. I liked the connections between all the villagers, and how those connections weren't always stated, but had to be observed. I liked how supportive of Vaodar most of the townspeople were. I was really heartbroken when townspeople died in the revolt. I didn't want to lose a single one of them. It was cool how there were different epilogues for each character depending on who survived. I'm curious to replay that battle and see how things change

The main quest was really good, not too hard but still satisfying to puzzle out what to do next. The gladiator combat was pretty fun, Meviel and the amnesiac elf guy really caught me off guard with how they broke the typical rules of wesnoth combat

It king of dragged and got frustrating for me towards the middle of my playthrough, but only because of technical issues. After I entered the mine puzzle I started getting severe slowdown between turns. In the mine there was a 1-2 minutes wait between turns, I was only able to complete the first puzzle before getting frustrated with the wait time. After I left the mine the wait between turns went down to something like 20-40 seconds, which was still pretty frustrating but a lot more bearable. However! Around 300 turns later when I rescued Abe from the spider cave, the wait between turns suddenly went back down to what it was in the beginning! So I went back and finished the mine puzzle then :D

I liked the ending
Spoiler:

Anyway! I had a lot of fun with this game. Thanks a lot for making it :)
Samonella

Post by Samonella »

Thanks for all the kind words, it's always good to hear :)

Not sure what to think about the slowdowns. That did happen to me in the mineshaft at one point, but i thought i fixed it. Guess i'll have to take another look.
Spoiler: