Napoleon project

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

nenau

Re: Napoleon project

Post by nenau »

Hello, and thank you for the remarks. As I am only maintainer of this campaign, I can not answer everything, but I'll try.

* About the balance, I got the same impression as you : in easy, the game is quite easy (as its name makes it think), but the time limit is sharp. I'm not sure how much it was intended... I suppose I could add 10-20% more turns in easy.
* About the typos and the obvious bugs : thanks, its noted
* In Egypt. I'm pretty sure it was not intended. I'll change it.
* About Dombrowski, the fact that he is a fusilier normal within the internal logic of this umc : for example Masséna was also a general (marshal ?) but is figured as a fusilier (in italy). This represents a regiment he directly commands.

Thank you for your input. Not sure when I'll have time to make a new version though...
holypaladin

Post by holypaladin »

I don't like Napoleon. He attack Church. But campaning is nice
„Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam"
sergey

Post by sergey »

There is a startup error and campaign crashes. To fix that update file scenarios/NW_09_Elbe.cfg at line 508 replace [/filter] with [/variable].
Author of SP scenario Dragon Fight and SP campaign Captured by a Nightmare.
Created The Rise of Wesnoth (alternative mechanics) version of the mainline campaign.
nenau

Post by nenau »

Thanks a lot. Actually strange since I thought I had tested all the campaign before uploading...
Should be fixed now, please report if not.
nenau

Post by nenau »

I made tweaks to the russian campaign that aim at making it much harder to destroy the russian army. Because before, it was possible to obliterate them around turn 20 with reasonable luck if you knew what to do.
I wanted it to feel more like a defeat. But maybe I was finding this scenario too easy just because I've played the campaign 6 times...
So please tell me if you find it's too hard compared to the rest of the campaign.
rweiler

NW_German_Colonel missing

Post by rweiler »

The 4th scenario (ulm) doesn't start for me reporting 'unkown unit type: NW_German_Colonel". I'm running version 1.12.6 of Wesnoth and the campaign seems to be up to date. Any ideas? [Edit: Campaign version is 0.13.6beta]
nenau

Post by nenau »

Yep, the version on the 1.12 server is buggy, and it's not maintained anymore.
I believe all the issues of this type have been mentionned in the previous pages of this thread, as well as the modifications to apply to solve them, if you feel like doing exploration.
But I recommend to install BFW 1.14 in order to access to the server where most addons are maintained.
TorMac

Post by TorMac »

Sorry to leave everyone in the lurch. I had emergency surgery in 2017 and never quite got back to Wesnoth. Just downloaded 1.14. I hope to get back to modding but have alot of catching up to do, so no promises. THANK YOU nenau for keeping things going. I really enjoyed making the campaign and I'm pleased others enjoyed it, even if it wasn't completed. It takes a village. Thanks again for taking over the project, nenau. I owe you a few.
Take command of Napoleon's armies in an 11 scenario historical campaign with the Napoleonic Warfare for Battle for Wesnoth project.
TorMac

Post by TorMac »

Just uploaded version 0.2.0 98% finished, according to me. Adds some more dialogues, music, fixes the enemies in the defense of Paris, makes Russia harder and has nenau in the credits, finally.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 21.05.27.png
Take command of Napoleon's armies in an 11 scenario historical campaign with the Napoleonic Warfare for Battle for Wesnoth project.