Witch Campaign: Mountain Witch

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Can-ned_Food

Re: Witch Campaign: Mountain Witch

Post by Can-ned_Food » February 7th, 2019, 3:25 am

The trouble is with playing the file Mountain_Witch/music/Arkenstoned.ogg. I'm not certain why Lua is coughing at it, but this trouble resides in the Lua underworkings and how the engine handles that audio file, and not with this campaign, methinks.

Anyway, those “optional” add–ons are not required to play that file because it is included in Mountain Witch.
Sadaharu wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 6:05 am
I hope this helps.
As do I. :)

IIIO_METAL

Post by IIIO_METAL » February 7th, 2019, 7:02 am

What written by Can-ned_Food may be the correct answer.
I included four music files that are frequently used on add-ons, but that may be the cause of the problem. This file is the same as the file included in UMC_Music_Book, and the file name has not been changed either. Therefore, there are two files with the same name. I think this condition is a factor that induces errors.

I will modify addons according to this guess. I hope this will solve the problem.
Creator of "Mountain Witch" & "Castle of evil spirit"

Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu » February 8th, 2019, 5:25 am

‘Escape of Princess’
The objective for both side #1 (Ann) and #9 (Kaoru) reads ‘Go to the eastern end’. It is not not clear who should be going where.

(one day later) EDIT: I finally figure out which exact tile SeaWalker has to stand on.
Can-ned_Food wrote:
February 7th, 2019, 3:25 am
The trouble is with playing the file Mountain_Witch/music/Arkenstoned.ogg. I'm not certain why Lua is coughing at it, but this trouble resides in the Lua underworkings and how the engine handles that audio file, and not with this campaign, methinks.

Anyway, those “optional” add–ons are not required to play that file because it is included in Mountain Witch.
Sadaharu wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 6:05 am
I hope this helps.
As do I. :)
IIIO_METAL wrote:
February 7th, 2019, 7:02 am
What written by Can-ned_Food may be the correct answer.
I included four music files that are frequently used on add-ons, but that may be the cause of the problem. This file is the same as the file included in UMC_Music_Book, and the file name has not been changed either. Therefore, there are two files with the same name. I think this condition is a factor that induces errors.

I will modify addons according to this guess. I hope this will solve the problem.
I too hope it works. Removing the link to Arkenstoned.ogg may work in the short term and for this campaign, but I am afraid that is something for the code-wranglers to… well, wrangle in their workshops.

IIIO_METAL

Post by IIIO_METAL » February 11th, 2019, 9:22 am

I modified some of the scenarios at the same time as I modified the music file. I am doing check work as to whether it works well.
However, my work has become busy so I think that I can not upload it soon.

Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu » Today, 3:05 am

:-D

I have finished playing the campaign.

Congratulations, IIIO_METAL! It is a good campaign. The characters are varied and interesting, the new gameplay and summoning units with the witch and the elf are strange but work, and the opponents provide a worthy fight.

Also the individual portraits for the characters are beautiful.

The only point against it is that once or twice the instructions in English were unclear (I can help if you like) and so sometimes I had to replay some scenarios until I found out what I was supposed to do.

I definitely recommend it.

IIIO_METAL

Post by IIIO_METAL » Today, 8:54 am

Thank you. I am glad that you seem to have enjoyed it.
Thank you for praising the portrait, it was the hardest part of the process of making a campaign. There were not so many paintings depicting everything, but still a lot of time was necessary.

Please teach me where unclear due to bad english. Advice and help are always welcome. :D