The Ravagers is now uploaded to the add-ons server, and it is ripe for download.
The Ravagers is a tale of pure revenge. A tale of justice served cold, told in a flashback-style point-of-view narrative, by a ranger in the Inn at Weldyn.
The campaign includes many new exciting gameplay features, hundreds of custom units, and many more.
In days of yore I swore to slay all four of thee. To have no mercy once I found you, and to kill you the same way you had killed yons whom I loved. Three lives've been extinguished, thine is the last. Finally, lo your life throbbing at the end of my knife! My vow shall be fulfilled as the light in thy eyes goes out, when the last of the four murderers shall be slain...
These are the words of Dayton Blackwood, once the leader of the outlaw gang, The Ravagers. This tale will embark you on his journey of blood and sorrow, taking place entirely on the Farnorthern Continent, where orcish warchiefs rise and fall in chaos, brother betrays brother, and the forces of evil never sleep.
Take on the enemy while enjoying your drink in the pub, and witness the stories of the ranger.
The campaign has been balanced out for Intermediate level, with 4 difficulties, ranging from easy to the nightmarish legend.
While providing feedback, please include which difficulty you played on!
Long list of features
- Corpses left over on the battlefield
- Units bleeding, including skeletons dropping bones
- Injured units leave blood trails as they scramble to escape, skeletons leave behind their dropped bones as they run...
- Voice sync for soldiers upon selecting, moving, recruiting
- Drinking: the more our narrator drinks, the fancier the story becomes...
- Unique enemies, each Warchief having special and OP traits, abilities, and weaknesses
- Including 3 completely new race: Ravagers, Dark Elves, and Northern Barbarians
- 25 battle scenarios, and two scenes (not counting Inn-scenes)
- Requiring Battle For Wesnoth version 1.12.0 or newer, not tested on 1.13 series
Hungarian translation is in progress.
Any translators are welcome!
If you would like to participate in translating work, but don't know how to, feel free to pm me, I'm glad to help!
There is much artwork the campaign is in urgent need of. As you can see, there is an artwork_needed.txt file attached with the campaign, read it, post here, or pm me for details.
Published up-to-date version
Current version: 1.0.8
Stable version, updates upon bug reports and feedback
- When the soldier-voice-sync is enabled, you cannot undo your moves. If you really depend on the ability to undo a move, turn this feature off.
- The tunnel at the beginning of map15 is not automatic, nor is fog uncleared. You need to move your units through to the small cleared (but still foggy) area, similarly to teleporting Silver Mages through villages. There are several reasons for using a [tunnel], and with Wesnoth 1.12.x, this is the current behaviour of tunnels. (This has been much improved with Wesnoth 1.13.6).
- Poison is not cured, nor are set goto's reloaded at the beginning of maps 19 and 22
While providing feedback, please, pretty please include as many informations on bugs you find as possible. A picture is many times worth more than a thousand words. I'm always open to all critiques.
Also, while posting here, as a courtesy to your fellow players, please include storyline spoilers into a [ spoiler ]!
I really don't know how much I should emphasize this, but this campaign at various points does feature explicit violence, stronger language, and alcoholism, some of which may not be appropriate for children under 8-10.
Thank you for playing The Ravagers, I hope you liked it
This site style is experimental, and may be subject to changes.