The Abyss' Gaze version 0.2.0 for Wesnoth 1.13.5+

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Astoria
Inactive Developer

The Abyss' Gaze version 0.2.0 for Wesnoth 1.13.5+

Post by Astoria »

This is the feedback thread for The Abyss' Gaze, my latest project.

The Abyss' Gaze is a post-fall campaign using units from the Era of Chaos. The version currently on the add-ons server is mostly a demo version to show what kind of gameplay and atmosphere you can expect in the rest of the campaign. It contains the first two scenarios, and should be decently balanced.

Features:
  • Uses the latest AI features to create more interesting gameplay
  • Gives all main characters a tree of AMLAs with different skill trees and ways to build the characters
  • Uses units from the Era of Chaos to provide variety from the default wesnoth units.
Please provide any ideas, tips, feedback, bug reports, complaints, etc. in this thread, I love hearing from you. I also would like to hear if you think this has potential and you would like to see more of it (or the opposite), since that's what this 'demo' is mostly for.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
gfgtdf
Developer

Re: The Abyss' Gaze version 0.2.0 for Wesnoth 1.13.5+

Post by gfgtdf »

i wonder does 'Wesnoth 1.13.5+' mean that you can play it with Wesnoth 1.13.5 or do i need any later version than 1.13.5 ?
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

1.13.5 or the latest master, both work. I develop it on the git master, hence the +, but I don't think there's anything I use that's not in 1.13.5.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
ahmannar

Post by ahmannar »

By the description you gave this seems a campaign with good potential I´ll try to play it over the weekend so i can give you feedback on the 2 levels it has. Good luck with it, it´s always nice to get more stories after the fall.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I'm in the first scenario and all I can report is some nitpicking by me.
There are some 'suspicious' places on the first map, the kind of 'move here and something happens'. But only the place where something happens, is the keep and it was basically said that I should move there. Could you add a note that there are no hidden events to trigger, so people like me won't waste troops in order to get there as soon as possible? xD

EDIT: I've arrived in the 2nd scenario and discovered a 'fatal' bug.
You don't lose when Elydoc dies.
Sudipta

Post by Sudipta »

I played the first 2 scenarios and liked it. It was fun playing with the aragwaithi and against the chaos empire. Felt like a throwback to AtS. I would definitely play if u decided to make more scenarios for this campaign. The AMLA options for the hero was a nice touch too and so was the burning forest in scenario 2. Some thing i noticed while playing -
The early finish bonus descriptions speak about 40% gold carryover but in reality its the old method of 80 % carryover and replacing the next scenario starting gold instead of adding to it.
The enemy leaders are way too passive. They dont move and they dont attack even if my units are standing right next to them.
The lancer unit vanishes when moved from one hex to another and also during attacking.
I played on BfW 1.13.5 on medium difficulty
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Playing Wesnoth since 2010, still there is so much left to play
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

Konrad2 wrote:I'm in the first scenario and all I can report is some nitpicking by me.
There are some 'suspicious' places on the first map, the kind of 'move here and something happens'. But only the place where something happens, is the keep and it was basically said that I should move there. Could you add a note that there are no hidden events to trigger, so people like me won't waste troops in order to get there as soon as possible? xD

EDIT: I've arrived in the 2nd scenario and discovered a 'fatal' bug.
You don't lose when Elydoc dies.
Except there are some hidden events that trigger. I'll fix the thing with Elydoc's death, however. That is not supposed to happen.
Sudipta wrote:I played the first 2 scenarios and liked it. It was fun playing with the aragwaithi and against the chaos empire. Felt like a throwback to AtS. I would definitely play if u decided to make more scenarios for this campaign. The AMLA options for the hero was a nice touch too and so was the burning forest in scenario 2. Some thing i noticed while playing -
The early finish bonus descriptions speak about 40% gold carryover but in reality its the old method of 80 % carryover and replacing the next scenario starting gold instead of adding to it.
The enemy leaders are way too passive. They dont move and they dont attack even if my units are standing right next to them.
The lancer unit vanishes when moved from one hex to another and also during attacking.
I played on BfW 1.13.5 on medium difficulty
The passive leaders are intentional, but I could change it if people prefer that.
I'll look into the gold carryover and the lancer bug (I think I might have fixed that one already though but haven't released a new EoC version yet.

In other news, I've been working on a scenario 3 that's almost finished and a scenario 4 in the works. I'll release a new version once those 2 are done. Which could be any amount of time depending on real life.
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

I want to complete your campaign. It seems interesting. Do u allow me to do so? If yes, do u have a story in mind or i have to create one?