Tactician's Challenge - UMC Scenario Pack

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sire

Tactician's Challenge - UMC Scenario Pack

Post by Sire »

Tactician's Challenge is a collection of UMC scenarios that relies on a "dummy addon" and usage of "dependencies" to download all of the scenarios. If you are a UMC creator and wish to add or remove your scenario, please post here or send me a PM so I can do so.

Tactician's Challenge is available on the 1.12x series of Wesnoth, so grab it from the Add-ons server!. Please note that the actual add-on Tacticians Challenge does nothing, you will need to download the dependencies in order to properly play the scenarios.

Here are the scenarios currently present within the pack.

Scenario Collections
Sire's Scenarios - My collection of single player scenarios. Currently includes two scenarios, one is a defense mission with limited units and the other has the player be Northerners as they chop down forests for their war effort.

Gameplay Scenarios
Drakes Rescue - A skeptical_troll scenario, the objective is to rescue some Drakes with your own Drake army. Includes a "bounty" mechanic for enemy Poachers as well as Saurian reinforcements.
Desert Traders - Another skeptical_troll scenario, play as the Khalifate as they attempt to guard and keep open trade routes.
Zombies: Introduction - Scenario / Campaign by Aldarisvet. Play as the different variants of Zombies and destroy your foes!
Forward They Cried - A simple scenario where the player leads his Loyalists to cross a bridge and defeat the enemy leader.

Scenarios that are currently not included:

The Battle for Tirigaz || Cannot find the addon in 1.12.6.
- A Kwandulin story scenario, taking place before the events of Dead Water. Play as Redback, the chieftain of the orcish horde, and lead your troops to repel the army of Kai Laudiss, whose fearless warriors aim to bring an end to your raids.

The Archives || I have no idea what the addon is properly called, so I cannot list it as a dependency.
- DeCoolest_Cat's collection of scenarios. Currently has "The Price of Capture", which focuses on Ogres, and a scenario called "The Ring".

Undead Empire || This scenario is done through Local Multiplayer and not the campaign, so currently it is not part of the collection.
- A map that plays similarly of "A New Land", but with a focus on Undead units and being more difficult. Search for it on the Add-Ons browser.
Last edited by Sire on October 2nd, 2016, 1:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
Current Projects: [Sire's Scenarios] || [Red Winter Reborn]
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Solo Scenarios - Master List

Post by Ravana »

For dependencies, all you need to add is list of folder names.
Sire

Re: Tactician's Challenge - UMC Scenario Pack

Post by Sire »

Well, as of late I've been back to working on Wesnoth again and trying to finish up Red Winter, so here is something for the meantime.

As I would still like a collection of mission packs and scenarios to be a thing, I went ahead and created a dummy addon to point to the proper addons when downloading from the server. Essentially, instead of having to search for each scenario manually, you can download Tactician's Challenge and get them all at once instead. Read my edited first post for more information.

If you have any single player scenarios you wish to be added to the collection or have your scenario removed from the collection, just let me know so I can make the arrangements.
Current Projects: [Sire's Scenarios] || [Red Winter Reborn]