Zombies:Introduction campaign 2.0

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Spannerbag

Re: Zombies:Introduction campaign 2.0

Post by Spannerbag »

Aldarisvet wrote: September 16th, 2021, 12:49 am ...
Spannerbag wrote: September 15th, 2021, 3:37 pm I did consider levelling up some zero levels to access generally better units (including poison and so forth).
You already have 1 unit with poison from the beginning. Once you overrun Velendar, you can bring it to him to poison him.
Fair point, I didn't actually consider using a unit that could recruit that way (because it is quite possible it would be killed, but that would not really matter if it poisoned Velendar first...). Also it would survive at least one attack from Velendar so - unless killed by some random zombie - it would get a second chance to poison him (not checked resistances to see if it would be killed on Velendar's first or second retaliation).

Aldarisvet wrote: September 16th, 2021, 12:49 am I will upload the replay as soon I will able to pass it.
Really looking forward to seeing how it should be done - especially on hard! :D

Cheers,
--Spannerbag
SP Campaigns: After EI (v1.14) Leafsea Burning (v1.17, v1.16)
I suspect the universe is simpler than we think and stranger than we can know.
Also, I fear that beyond a certain point more intelligence does not necessarily benefit a species...
Aldarisvet
Translator

Post by Aldarisvet »

Spannerbag wrote: September 16th, 2021, 8:23 pm
Aldarisvet wrote: September 16th, 2021, 12:49 am I will upload the replay as soon I will able to pass it.
Really looking forward to seeing how it should be done - especially on hard! :D
Ok, here is the replay. I had two more unsuccessfull attempts before I finally understood what it was about. It is important to choose the best place to defend.

1) You need to create a solid defence line with your various units. Snakes should be put on swamps, spiders on hills, rats are used to cover holes in plains/forests when they appear. Rotate wonded units on the frontline. Every turn your are to heal as much units as possible, in fact you must use all the tiles around Radna.
2) Do not attack with units on the defensive line except very rare cases where the probability to finish the enemy is very high and there is no risk that attacked unit will be attacked by enemy units at the next turn with high probabilty to kill the defender. Just stay with them.
3) If a unit in the defensive line is killed and turned into zombie, kill it with Svarga as soon as possible. And put a new unit instead.
4) Attack with Svarga and - in some cases - with Swamp snake under arcane bonus.
5) Attack with spiders. Actually they are best unit here and should be recruited a lot. They are unstoppable when there are a lot of them if the enemy cannot take tiles with high defense. They eat bats because bats are vulnerable to impact. They eat zombie woses even despite zombie woses have 40% resistance to impact because they just slows them. They eat enemy units on plains and so on - every unit with low defence rate because the probabilty to slow such a unit is high.

Well, the replay will explain everything. By the way, the statistics shows I got huge unluck at the very beginning.
Attachments
ZI-Nature Calls replay_Hard.gz
(43.5 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
facebook.com/wesnothian/ - everyday something new about Wesnoth
My campaign:A Whim of Fate, also see it's prequel Zombies:Introduction
Art thread:Mostly frankenstains
Spannerbag

Post by Spannerbag »

Aldarisvet wrote: September 20th, 2021, 4:58 am Ok, here is the replay...
Most interesting and enlightening, I thought you were just beginning to get a little bogged down towards the end...
...then you broke through and finished far more quickly than I expected!

Have only viewed your replay once on continuous, will watch it again and maybe - not promising here - try it myself.

Anyway, thank you very much for the replay :)

Cheers!
--Spannerbag
SP Campaigns: After EI (v1.14) Leafsea Burning (v1.17, v1.16)
I suspect the universe is simpler than we think and stranger than we can know.
Also, I fear that beyond a certain point more intelligence does not necessarily benefit a species...
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Hi,
scenario 02a is causing wmlindent to crash. The A in "A swarm of little flying corpses..." is the reason.