Sire's Scenarios

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sire

Re: Sire's Scenarios

Post by Sire »

A simple maintenance update that should have released live long ago. They have been sitting on my system, but I just never bothered to put it live (instead waiting for when I actually released a new scenario).

I would like to create another scenario (and complete a set of scenarios for each faction), but as of late my interests have taken me elsewhere (Fire Emblem Fates & Orcs Must Die! Unchained). Maybe I may be able to peel myself away from them for a couple days to actually make something, but given my track record and how I work, everything is practically uncertain...
Sire’s Scenarios 1.2.0 Changelog:
Current Projects: [Sire's Scenarios] || [Red Winter Reborn]
DeCoolest_Cat

Post by DeCoolest_Cat »

Not trying to discourage you in any way, but I've been working on some stand alone scenarios as well. If you are good with it, do you want continue skeptical_troll's scenario idea? We could create some sort of Archive add-on. If not, perfectly fine. Good luck with yours :D

Feedback on the Night Watch: I thought it was fun, and I won first try. I feel the back road on the far west is pretty irrelevant, as no enemies reached me from there (maybe 1 did, I forgot). Either way, great concept.
Author of beta campaign Kalbruk's Journey - My art thread - My collection of single player scenarios: The Archives
Sire

Post by Sire »

The more standalone scenarios, the better. My main hope is one day that there will be an actual category for these mission maps, perhaps below the Campaigns button in the main menu, and that some of these scenarios make it into mainline (which hopefully inspires creators to make more scenarios, and makes more content overall for Wesnoth). Currently I'm focusing more on gameplay scenarios instead of story ones, but one day hopefully I'll be able to make everything I want to make...

As of present, I think there are 7 standalone scenarios available. There may be more if one delves into the Add-Ons server, especially if one tries to dig through past versions.
- Woodcutters (Sire)
- The Night Watch (Sire)
- Drake Capture (skeptical_troll)
- The Battle of Tirigaz (Kwandulin)
- The Price of Capture (DeCoolest_Cat)
- Forward They Cried (Currently maintained by Lord-Knightmare)
- Undead Empire (A variant on "A New Land", I have no idea who is currently maintaining this.)

We could try to compile them all together to a single collection, but that requires consent from each creator and a "lead maintainer" to make sure everything is properly updated on the Add-Ons server. Also, the leader of the project should be rather active and keep documentation on all the changes and giving credit where credit is due. Right now, I'm content with just maintaining my own stuff, but if everyone wants to compile their work into a collection, I'll put my stuff in there too. Otherwise, I think I'll stay separate for the time being.

Then of course there's the mainline scenarios
- Dark Forecast
- A New Land (I would like to see some form of sequel to this.)
- Team Survival

Again, I hope that "mainline scenarios" will actually become a thing, but there has to be high-quality scenarios to begin with.

The Night Watch was mostly made so I could salvage a map that I thought looked aesthetically pleasing. I still want to make a "proper" Loyalist map like Woodcutters, with unique objectives not normally found in Wesnoth. I'm still thinking about the "rescue peasants" scenario, but would like to work on another scenario with a different faction (as there are already plenty of Loyalist missions).
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Post by Kwandulin »

Here's a german translation for Woodcutters and The Night Watch. The forum doesn't want me to upload .mo files, so here it is via dropbox: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/972 ... os.mo?dl=1
Sire

Post by Sire »

Version 1.2.0a has been released!

The main (and only) feature of this update is Kwandulin's German translation being added. Thanks for the translation!

As for the immediate future, currently I am trying to focus down Red Winter and try to get it "finished" before the end of May, so Sire's Scenarios will likely not be receiving much in terms of updates.
pyndragon

Post by pyndragon »

These scenarios are broken for me on Linux because the directory in the map paths is specified as sires_scenarios instead of Sires_Scenarios. This breaks the scenarios on case-sensitive OSes such as Linux. Other than that, I'd say that Woodcutters is much too difficult on Easy; it felt far too easy to get completely washed out.
AKA pydsigner
Current maintainer of The North Wind and author of Heroics Mode.
Sire

Post by Sire »

Sire's Scenarios has been ported over to 1.14.7.

Changelog - Version 1.2.1

Hotfixes - New!
- Updated difficulty syntax (1.2.1a)
- Updated Khalifate reference to Dunefolk (1.2.1a)
- Fixed enemy battle dialogue (1.2.1a)
- Fixed Flag Variants (1.2.1a)

General
- Minor adjustments to the code to try and make everything up to date. Some things may still not have transitioned properly or slipped though the initial checks.
- Map Direction path is now properly capitalized.

Woodcutters
- Additional text added to hint that the Elves will get stronger over time.
- The Human Mages have been removed from the Elf faction.
Last edited by Sire on July 7th, 2019, 12:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Welcome back.

EDIT:
The Night Watch
Khalifate -> Dunefolk

EDIT 2:
I made some replay topics for your scenarios.

And your scenarios award a silver laurel, no matter what difficulty you play on. For more information, look it up here.
Has been fixed.

EDIT 3:
Woodcutters
Is it intended that all those highish level units on the map rush at me instead of waiting at their posts? (E.g. the Ranger from the Ranger's Cabin.)
Sire

Post by Sire »

Sire's Scenarios have been ported over to the 1.16 branch.