New Campaign "Rise of an Outcast"

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Edwylm

New Campaign "Rise of an Outcast"

Post by Edwylm »

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forums but I have been playing Wesnoth for a long time since it was 12. I have been using Wesnoth to help me write essays for school until I have decided to write my own story. So I have been using Wesnoth to help me. Thus in the process, I have been working on a campaign with the 1.4 version until I got the 1.10.4.

Anyways this in the rundown of the campaign. I plan on having 3 parts, but so far I have been working with the first part. The first part is about a outcast dwelf (half dwarf half wood elf) makes his way into a great leader.

The world is plunged into a human expansion and enslaving every nonhuman race. Where one day the humans attacked the remains of the other races. Then the dwelf saves an elf princess because a human scout force attacks a party of elves. After saving her the dwelf brings her home and was granted to be part of elf society. However the elves believed that the attack were made by human bandits and thought that there were no major treats to peace. The dwelf went to visit his father (a dwarf) and the dwarf settlement was attacked by an army of humans. After that the elves and dwarves decide to combat the humans and to reestablish communications with their kins in the west. ...

There are a bunch of units I would like to have in this campaign but in addition I needed to create new units and had to revise some old ones were the 1.10 did not have them available to get in the add-ons. However I only have the base image and there is no animation for them. Lastly these units feel unbalance and I would like help in the art, animation, and testing to make them balanced.

I have some of the important scenarios mostly done but I feel like that they are unbalanced so far. Once I get the units down I will go back though the scenarios and make changes.

Also I would like some ideas for the title of the campaign.

For those that comment and are willing to help I thank you in advance.
Last edited by Edwylm on September 3rd, 2015, 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edwylm

Re: New Campaign "Rise of a Outcast"

Post by Edwylm »

Here is one group of units that I edited and would like some opinions.
Last edited by Edwylm on August 30th, 2018, 5:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Edwylm

Post by Edwylm »

More dwarven units.
magic gun levels.png
Edwylm

Post by Edwylm »

And another human race that I have found in Ageless era, and desecendant of the dragon. I do have files on them so if anyone would like to test them out just say it.
Idea.png
Edwylm

Post by Edwylm »

Here is the main character images.
This is level 1
This is level 1
Dwelf-wonderer.png (4.78 KiB) Viewed 5185 times
leve 2
leve 2
Dwelf-warrior.png (4.26 KiB) Viewed 5185 times
level 3
level 3
Dwelf-commander.png (3.59 KiB) Viewed 5185 times
level 4
level 4
Dwelf-lord.png (1.14 KiB) Viewed 5185 times
Since he is a dwelf I did try to give him a axe but that would lead to a split from the wanderer to a axe line. Idk if I should make a separate line.
caoraivoso3

Post by caoraivoso3 »

looks good soo far you have already something uploaded?
Edwylm

Post by Edwylm »

I currently do not have anything uploaded as I'm not sure where to upload them.
Daravel

Post by Daravel »

You upload campaigns to the official add-on server, then anyone can download it. I'm not familiar with the process at all, but you could check out the wiki or ask some of the other forum members.
Edwylm

Post by Edwylm »

Yeah, I looked though the wiki (http://wiki.wesnoth.org/PblWML#type) but I do not exactly understand it. In the mean time I will be working on my dwarven units which they are proving to be a pain on making them balanced.

Also what is the best way to ask for permission to use units from other campaigns or units from eras?
Edwylm

Post by Edwylm »

Ok I have completed the dwarves to a extent that I can share them. I have been thinking of placing the units into a multiplier add-on so that the units can be easily tested. However I do need help figuring out how to unload what I have to the add-on sever.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Man, you have a typo in title, it should be Rise of an Outcast.

Nice sprites, btw.
Edwylm

Re: New Campaign "Rise of an outcast"

Post by Edwylm »

Dugi wrote:Man, you have a typo in title, it should be Rise of an Outcast.

Nice sprites, btw.
Thanks for pointing it out I have fixed it, and for the comment.
Edwylm

Re: New Campaign "Rise of an Outcast"

Post by Edwylm »

Question how do I give a unit 2 images? Like the elvish archers but not with male or female genders.
I would like my Treefolk, Elder and, Myrtus to have that concept.
Last edited by Edwylm on August 30th, 2018, 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Just look at the unit file for that unit.

From the wiki:
Wesnoth Wiki wrote:[male], [female]: These can specify a variation based on gender for a unit. If these are provided, they will automatically apply based upon the gender of a unit.
inherit: if yes, inherits all the properties of the base unit. Defaults to yes.
The id key is always inherited, regardless of the value of inherit.
All [unit_type] tags and keys, excluding [advancefrom], [base_unit], [female], and [male].
Attachments
Archer.cfg
(4.89 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

Edwylm wrote:Question how do I give a unit 2 images? Like the elvish archers but not with male or female genders.
In that case, you'll have to use [base_unit] and create three new unit types. Turuk's solution is correct too, except that it'll be applied depending on the unit's gender, and you said that it's not what you want.
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)