Genesis 0.2.6 [1.12/1.14] [Ep 1 complete]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Sadaharu

Re: Genesis 0.2.6 [1.12/1.14] [Ep 1 complete]

Post by Sadaharu » September 7th, 2019, 3:43 am

Hi again! I've made it to Moonlit Night and defeated the Ephemeral Angel… sort of. When I defeat the LV.6 version everything works properly, then when I defeat the Lv.7 version with Aryel I get the following error message:

Code: Select all

<Lua error> lua/wml-tags.lua:281:Error: Attempted to access an invalid music track
stack traceback:
[C]: in metamethod '__newindex'
lua/wml-tags.lua:281: in function <lua/wml-tags.lua:275>
(...tail calls...)
~add-ons/Genesis/lua/common.lua:373: in local 'cmd'
lua/wml-utils.lua:145: in field 'handle_event_commands'
lua/wml-flow.lua:6 in function <lua/wml-flow.lua:5>
If I defeat her with Yumi instead I get an expanded version of the error message:

Code: Select all

<Lua error> lua/wml-tags.lua:281:Error: Attempted to access an invalid music track
stack traceback:
[C]: in metamethod '__newindex'
lua/wml-tags.lua:281: in function <lua/wml-tags.lua:275>
(...tail calls...)
~add-ons/Genesis/lua/common.lua:373: in local 'cmd'
[C]: in field 'fire_event'
lua/wml/kill.lua:42: in field 'kill'
lua/wml/harm_unit.lua:182: in local 'cmd'
and the game goes on without the Ethereal Angel, regardless of who deals the final blow. Then the various demons invariably gang up on my weakened Aryel/Esther and kill her and I lose the game, so I haven't been able to check it out any further.

EDIT: I've found that if I go to the preferences settings from the main screen, turn off music and game sounds and then load the savegame from before and then deal the last blow there's no trouble - with quick reflexes I re-accessed the Preferences tab and re-enabled sounds after Luna said ‘The darkness... is fading...’ and it appears to be proceeding normally.

I've now replayed it with all sounds enabled from the beginning and cannot replicate the mistake. :shock:
I've checked the entire .cfg file and couldn't find anything, but I'm not good at WML.

So… well, I don't know what's going on anymore.
The only difference in circumstances I can find is that when I got the mistake I had music off and sounds on, then today I had both music and sounds off, it worked without a hitch, and now it's working with music and sounds on from the beginning.

Aside from that, the Lv.4 Incubus units that spawn when I kill the earlier form of Luna have no pictures, and on debug mode I just get an ‘image not found’ message.

Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu » September 8th, 2019, 5:36 am

So, time for the positives.

Great story. Good ending, nothing given away, hints at the future, no unnecessary early reveals, all the major characters are well-developed, there is a sense of suspense not just to how close some of the battles are but also to the story itself… it's not just a good story but also a well-told one.

There's great game mechanics involved, too. The puzzles make for a nice change and are acceptably difficult, i.e. they can be solved but they are still a challenge. And they also contribute to the story.

Thanks so much for this campaign. If there's ever a new instalment I hope I'll be able to play(test?) it.

DukeSwampy

Post by DukeSwampy » September 8th, 2019, 7:58 am

Sadaharu wrote:
September 8th, 2019, 5:36 am
There's great game mechanics involved, too. The puzzles make for a nice change and are acceptably difficult, i.e. they can be solved but they are still a challenge. And they also contribute to the story.
I feel it too.

Those puzzle challenges makes me trouble, but it worked. The hardest challenge is gylph puzzle on scenario "Crypt".
"Nobody but ask."
I have started to play BfW since late year 2008 and also, I have completed and mastered most campaign LotI as four times.

nemaara
Discord Moderator

Post by nemaara » September 9th, 2019, 4:52 pm

Sadaharu, hmm, I'll look at see what that bug might be, but if you can't replicate it, I don't know if I can fix it. :hmm:

I'll look at the Inucbi as well, though I have a very different structure set up for episode 2, so probably that bug in the next version (which is coming... but reallllly slowly >_>)

Thanks for the comments.

Kylix

Post by Kylix » November 15th, 2019, 1:58 pm

In the scenario "Crypt" I have to activate the glyphs in the correct order. How is it? I don't know how to advance!