Genesis 0.2.12 [1.14/1.15] [Ep 1 complete]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

sreesreearul

Re: Genesis

Post by sreesreearul »

A bug - Everytime you go to big tree after freeing it from corruption a faerie appears. Even though the dialogue is triggered only once. I just for the sake of it kept approaching the tree and ended filling the entire forest with the faerie clones. :D [img]/home/arul/Pictures/Screenshot%20from%202015-09-06%2022:23:07.png[/img]
Last edited by sreesreearul on September 7th, 2015, 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

sreesreearul wrote:A bug - Everytime you go to big tree after freeing it from corruption a faerie appears. Even though the dialogue is triggered only once. I just for the sake of it kept approaching the tree and ended filling the entire forest with the faerie clones. :D [img]/home/arul/Pictures/Screenshot%20from%202015-09-06%2022:23:07.png[/img]
Including a local file path in an [img] tag is not going to work for obvious reasons. Use the Upload attachment section of the post editor instead.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

Hi sreesreearul,

You might have an outdated version of Crypt, which would be the source of the error. To resolve this, first please download the updated version on the server (0.0.3). You can avoid playing it again by loading up your last save, then typing the following:

First type colon. This should bring up the command line on your screen. Type "debug" into the box, then hit enter.
Type colon again to bring up the command line. Type "choose_level" with the underscore and hit enter again. This should bring up a window with a bunch of scenario names on it. Select "06_Caerleon" and you should be good to go.

Alternatively, you can play through Crypt again.

0.0.3 is a hotfix released just for you, so please notify me if there are any additional bugs.
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

Including a local file path in an [img] tag is not going to work for obvious reasons. Use the Upload attachment section of the post editor instead.
I thought I had edited the post (seems like it didn't get saved) . But, anyway uploading a png file didn't work. Do I need to trim the file name or so?
First type colon. This should bring up the command line on your screen. Type "debug" into the box, then hit enter.
Type colon again to bring up the command line. Type "choose_level" with the underscore and hit enter again. This should bring up a window with a bunch of scenario names on it. Select "06_Caerleon" and you should be good to go.

Usually you get directed to new scenarios without needing to debug, or playing again. I believe I played crypt in first version. I did debug and tried playing for a while. Then decided to wait for your replay.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

sreesreearul wrote:
I thought I had edited the post (seems like it didn't get saved) . But, anyway uploading a png file didn't work. Do I need to trim the file name or so?
The forum software rejects filenames that contain colons : because they are not allowed in filenames on some platforms, such as Windows. When trying to upload you should see an “invalid filename” error in the post editor.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

A small bug. It seems you have forgotten to set default value to the variable 'temple'. No events (excepts for two white mages appearing) were triggering. I added the following

Code: Select all

[set_variable]
			name=temple
			value=0
		[/set_variable]
and it worked as it was supposed to.
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

Yes, it does seem to be bugged. I've fixed it as well. The latest version (0.0.4) should not have this bug anymore.

As for the debug issue, the current version *should* allow you to move on from Crypt without using debug, but it's possible that you played on an outdated version of Crypt. So I advise using debug just this once unless you want to replay the scenario.
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

Thanks. Waiting for next part. :)
caoraivoso3

Post by caoraivoso3 »

looks nice will look into it
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

Version 0.0.5 is released.

This update includes one new scenario and tweaks the abilities of the fae somewhat. In general, they will require more exp to advance, but have higher base stats and will be more powerful when they peak. Of course, this will only affect people who decide to start over from the beginning, and it shouldn't really affect people who decide not to. To access the new scenario, please reload the "Caerleon" scenario save, and then exit the city.
Oneandtwo

Post by Oneandtwo »

can't find the third fairie where to look?
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

On the Northlands map, there is a cave near the top right corner that leads to the Black Cauldron scenario. In the scenario itself, she can be found in a certain conspicuous location near the starting area.
Spoiler:
richardlord

Post by richardlord »

The campaign is looking good. However, I know that this is still in development, but, and no offense, the quality of the writing is quite a bit below that of IftU and AtS. Some of it is pretty good, but others jar me a bit. Again, I know that this is still in development. Sorry for being so particular, but I really liked the writing of the other two.
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

v0.0.6: Quick hotfix. There was a bug with the fae's exp requirements that was caused by my changes to increase their overall exp. This will reduce their final power, unfortunately, but there isn't another fast fix I can come up with at the moment. I'll look into it more later and release with the next version.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

Great campaign so far, the level of detail is awesome! One small typo in scenarios/04f_Glacial_Shrine.cfg

Code: Select all

message= _ "This fort has stood for several decades, and so long as I have been here, we have not ventured into the temple. Supposedly, my predecessor led an excursion there, but all they found were some indecipherable glyphs which were of no use to us. However, perhaps you may have better luck with them. If you wish to go, then I can end some men with you to keep you safe. The wolves can be dangerous in large numbers."
"If you wish to go, then I can end some men with you to keep you safe." should be "If you wish to go, then I can send some men with you to keep you safe."