(W.I.P.) The Rod of Justice [1.12/1.14]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

egallager

Re: (W.I.P.) The Rod of Justice [1.12/1.14]

Post by egallager »

So, I am giving the code for some of the scenarios a look with an eye towards editing some of them, and, could you PLEASE run wmlindent on all the WML in this add-on? It would make it much more readable, and thus easier for others to contribute to. I can submit a pull request to do so myself if you can point me towards a GitHub repository for this add-on.
entonio

Post by entonio »

I've played this and found it very interesting.
I'm a great fan of IftU, AtS, and Genesis.

These 4 campaigns have in common - in my opinion - being impossibly difficult, so I can't comment on the specific difficulties here and there.
One thing the core built-in campaigns of Wesnoth have in common is that generally even in the most difficult scenarios you can win on strategy and tactics rather than force. I have to say I don't find that in these 4 campaigns - there is strategy and tactics to use, but those won't win without an impossible amount of force, and having an impossible amount of force makes strategy and tactics a bit redundant or no fun.

I also think they have too much text. I like the stories, but I find the amounts of text esp. between scenarios exagerated.

One thing I dislike a lot - but that's my paranoia - are the scenarios where you have to fight wolves or elementals or units that look like animals in some way. Heck, I even find dread bats cuddly. To be honest I hate fighting trolls as well.

I see there's a fair amount of material for a sequel. All in all, a big thank you (and to Iris and Nemaara) (I understand you all aren't connected) for these great campaigns, difficulty or not they're very engaging.
Selenium

Post by Selenium »

I recall that in earlier versions of this campaign, Devanar had the ability to recruit skeletons and skeleton archers. Some of the text in the new version also seems to support this.
Selenium

Post by Selenium »

I just finished the campaign earlier today, and it was very fun! It's always nice to play an after-the-fall campaign. One thing of note is that while the boss fights were difficult, they got easier for me the further in the campaign I got, with the Alazarik fight being almost impossible. All in all, very enjoyable, looking forward to a possible continuation. :)
3Lorde

Post by 3Lorde »

Scenarios Awakening(Escape Tiraszshold)
How to win this scenario? I try everything, kill all enemies, try to find an exit but nothing. Could someone help?
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

3Lorde wrote: May 17th, 2021, 5:34 pm Scenarios Awakening(Escape Tiraszshold)
How to win this scenario? I try everything, kill all enemies, try to find an exit but nothing. Could someone help?
Hmmm... :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
3Lorde

Post by 3Lorde »

Major_Swampy wrote: May 17th, 2021, 6:53 pm
3Lorde wrote: May 17th, 2021, 5:34 pm Scenarios Awakening(Escape Tiraszshold)
Hmmm... :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
Thank you so much
HatGuy

Post by HatGuy »

Hi I love this campaign and I was wondering if there are any plans to port it to 1.16 or future releases.