A Whim of Fate [SP Campaign]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

OmeLuuk

Re: A Whim of Fate [SP Campaign]

Post by OmeLuuk »

There aprears another problem in 16_Finished_cycle.cfg:
3) The recruit list of Hazaruh reads:
recruit=Soulless Saurian, Soulless Swimmer, Ghoul
but both Soulless Saurian and Soulless Swimmer result in a WML error
<Invalid WML found> Unit-type "Soulless Saurian"/"Soulless Swimmer" doesn't exist
Probably you want to stick to the standard
data/core/units/undead/Corpse_Soulless.cfg: variation_name= _ "wc_variation^Saurian"
and variation_name= _ "wc_variation^Swimmer"

But my distribution does not have 15.10 yet and https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=52714 remains unanswered...
Aldarisvet
Translator

Post by Aldarisvet »

OmeLuuk wrote: September 8th, 2021, 9:02 pm Well yeah, here I registered also just to tell you this was / is an awesome campaign with loads of original twists.
Thank you. You know, I almost quit Wesnoth because making campaigns in Wesnoth is like feeding a bottomless pit.
You can create a channel on Youtube and make any [censored] you want and you still will have some audience.
You put your best creativity and even your soul in Wesnoth and you have a feedback two times in a year.

I had plans to create a campaign about Mushroom Elves (a faction I invented, used in one scenario of AWOF based on old Sand elves sprites) because I find this would be funny, unusual and the idea has a great potential from a storyline side. But I concluded this would be a waste of time.

OmeLuuk wrote: September 8th, 2021, 9:02 pm But there are some errors that I need to mention, because they disallowed me playing the campain in a straight flow:
Thank you for the bug report. The campaign was well tested in 1.14, at least in 2020, but seems devs added more changes and some things became obsolete. Zaryal was able to move for sure in the Chapter 3.
I'll look into it.
OmeLuuk wrote: September 8th, 2021, 10:28 pm <Invalid WML found> Unit-type "Soulless Saurian"/"Soulless Swimmer" doesn't exist
Probably you want to stick to the standard
It is a custom unit. Long to explain. It was working earlier...
Hmm. A mystery. I see no custom files for these undead types of units in units folder.
Ok, I will address these bugs soon and will make an update. Thank you very much for the bug report again. The last bug is really awful, I know how to fix it. I will use files from Zombies: Introduction.
OmeLuuk wrote: September 8th, 2021, 9:02 pm First time ever that I started to read dialogs in the save file to know how this would end!
Wooh. That is a bit too much. I really would prefer you read dialogs in-game. At least use a debugger to win scenarios and trigger dialogs and animations! You cannot see animations in save files.
facebook.com/wesnothian/ - everyday something new about Wesnoth
My campaign:A Whim of Fate, also see it's prequel Zombies:Introduction
Art thread:Mostly frankenstains
OmeLuuk

Post by OmeLuuk »

I tried to play around with ##:: Recruit List
recruit=Soulless, Soulless, Ghoul
{RECRUIT_UNIT_VARIATIONS 2 "Soulless" swimmer,saurian}
But that does not work either...
Has to be in the unit files indeed...
Aldarisvet
Translator

Post by Aldarisvet »

I will update the campaign in 24 hours.
Meanwhile you can try Zombies: Introduction,
If you interested in the storyline part you probably would like to know the previous history of the Dread Staff. It is a short campaign but there are some twists in it also. The story of the soul trapped in the staff described in one of scenarios by choice there.

P.S. I made an update, uploaded a new bugfix version to the addon server.
All three things you reported were adressed: null/none, khalifatehorse for Zaryal changed to dunehorse and AI can recruit Soulless units again in the last scenario. Also I found that forgot to change Gorandor back to Rider Lord from Outrider Lord in Winged Forests after testing a new animation I added to him in the previous update.
legithorir

Post by legithorir »

Hello ! I'm currently playing the campaign and I like it, aside from scenarios on the very big map which are tedious and not so fun for me, but they have some value.

I'm currently playing Bprder Wasteland and I converted a three-handed which evolved to level 2, and it' reached level 3 but I have a message error, saying the unit doesn't exist, is there a way to fix that ?

To give more feedback : I liked the different strategic advices given for the scenarios, the fact that you can't count a lot on recruit and must keep some units to make it easier. I don't know if you thought about AMLA like Legend of The Invincibles ? Maybe having less loyal units but stronger one, or having the possibility to keep one or 2 units sometimes. That's just some suggestion because I like to have units who follow the adventure from the beginning but changing every 2/3 scenario is also interesting
Aldarisvet
Translator

Post by Aldarisvet »

legithorir wrote: September 12th, 2021, 11:18 pm I'm currently playing Bprder Wasteland and I converted a three-handed which evolved to level 2, and it' reached level 3 but I have a message error, saying the unit doesn't exist, is there a way to fix that ?
Hi.
You are not supposed to get level 3 Three-handed. After lvl2 you are to supposed to have standart ALMA upgrades only.
This bug must be fixed with an update I made just recently.
I wonder why you even bothered yourself with getting lvl2 three-handed, not speaking about lvl3! You must have using save-scumming as hell to get this.
You cannot recall them later anycase.
And lvl3 simply is not included in this campaign.
legithorir wrote: September 12th, 2021, 11:18 pm I like to have units who follow the adventure from the beginning
Well, this pleasure limited only to heroes and loyal units. Not for the ordinary units. There are reasons for it. This way I do not let a player to get a stock of overpowered units in the recall list (given the enemy always has lvl1 units to recruit). Gorandor alone is quite powerful in Chapter 3, this must be enough.

Forget about being greedy for units, the most interesing part of the campaign from the storyline point of you expects you in the next final scenarios, and you woudn't be in need for units for it.
legithorir

Post by legithorir »

Aldarisvet wrote: September 13th, 2021, 1:11 am Hi.
You are not supposed to get level 3 Three-handed. After lvl2 you are to supposed to have standart ALMA upgrades only.
This bug must be fixed with an update I made just recently.
I wonder why you even bothered yourself with getting lvl2 three-handed, not speaking about lvl3! You must have using save-scumming as hell to get this.
You cannot recall them later anycase.
And lvl3 simply is not included in this campaign.
Not save scumming but playing very carefully with this unit cause I wanted to see if I could get a good one, but then I realized it's no use
Aldarisvet wrote: September 13th, 2021, 1:11 am Well, this pleasure limited only to heroes and loyal units. Not for the ordinary units. There are reasons for it. This way I do not let a player to get a stock of overpowered units in the recall list (given the enemy always has lvl1 units to recruit). Gorandor alone is quite powerful in Chapter 3, this must be enough.

Forget about being greedy for units, the most interesing part of the campaign from the storyline point of you expects you in the next final scenarios, and you woudn't be in need for units for it.
Yes now that I have progressed I see it's not use to have big units, Ive just played Legend of the Invicibles and I got too used to it.

I'm playing the riddle part and I love it ! Really smart scenario
humanressource

Post by humanressource »

Hi!

Hope you are doing well. Really like the campaign.

In the "Stacking Bones" map, trying to get unit details of Misris the Jinx Knight crashes the game.

Stay safe.
For we are many!
Aldarisvet
Translator

Post by Aldarisvet »

Thank you for the bug report.

It has been quite a while since I visited this forum the last time.
Need to bring my campaigns into compliance with all changes of the Wesnoth engine.

Probably I am going to use the winter holidays for this.