Oath of Allegiance [SP Desert People Campaign for 1.13.5]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sudipta

Re: Oath of Allegiance [SP Desert People Campaign for 1.13.5

Post by Sudipta »

Kwandulin wrote:Also your replay was very nice, as it's always interesting to see the unit composition of other players. Thanks again!
Well, then here's another sample for you. I practically outnumbered the enemy here :D
Attachments
OA-Battle_of_the_Eons_replay.gz
(73.35 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Playing Wesnoth since 2010, still there is so much left to play
ahmannar

Post by ahmannar »

Seems i forgot in my previous posts to mention some odd things:
Spoiler:
EDIT: Sudipta, i don´t know if it's a problem on my side, but your replay shows as corrupt and i cannot load it.
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Post by Kwandulin »

Everything is working fine here. Also thanks for the two additional notes!

Also: bonus points for keeping the elves alive :lol:
zepko

Post by zepko »

Kwandulin wrote: Dawoud being so strong is because he is a level 1 unit, thus gaining +100% damage from the wyvern siegebreaker and another +33% from Ilriel. I'll set his level to 3 and the bonus damage gained from to +20%.
That's exactly what I meant. You could, maybe, advance him of one level every 3-4 AMLAs he takes. So he would reasonably reach level 3 in the last scenarios.
ahmannar wrote: -> In the scenario "Uzar the Betrayer", one of the conditions of defeat is "Any Athavri dies", but there's no more athvari in this scenario when compared with the previous ones (Only Ilaroth, Ilriel and Iskandar are the ones controlled by the player) and the previous scenarios didn't have that defeat condition.
I interpreted this differently. Uzar is actually an Athvari, so my view of this was "Kill Uzar with any unit that is not Ridwan is a defeat condition". But maybe that's not what was intended!
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

prolly not of use to you, but have made those variants with some teamcoloring on them.
lvl-1
lvl-1
athvari-wanderer.png (3.24 KiB) Viewed 4693 times
lvl-2
lvl-2
athvari-remembrancer.png (3.34 KiB) Viewed 4693 times
lvl-3
lvl-3
athvari-preserver.png (3.74 KiB) Viewed 4693 times
lvl-4
lvl-4
athvari-dervish.png (4.11 KiB) Viewed 4693 times
ahmannar

Post by ahmannar »

I interpreted this differently. Uzar is actually an Athvari, so my view of this was "Kill Uzar with any unit that is not Ridwan is a defeat condition". But maybe that's not what was intended!
Didn't even associate the defeat condition with uzar getting killed, but you are totally right. Maybe changing it to "Uzar dies" will be enough to clarify that, since the win condition is "Attack Uzar with Ridwan"?
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Post by Kwandulin »

I forgot to remove "Any Athvari dies". It was just a relict from a former version, when there were still some captured non-hero Athvari around in this scenario. But now, a simple "Uzar dies" should suffice.
ahmannar

Post by ahmannar »

I saw this thread and it seems there's a new functionality (viewtopic.php?f=2&p=603148#p603148) on 1.13.x that could eventually implemented in the campaign (in case you had the idea of making a possibility for the items to be removed upon being equipped, in order to not be permanently attached to one item).
I might be reading this in a wrong way but the WML talked in there seems to be a possible use for this feature.
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Post by Kwandulin »

I'm not a fan of removing objects, as it would also remove the decision whenever picking up an item: Should the valuable unit x grab the item now and get some tasty new stats to beat further scenarios with more ease or should the unit not pick it up and hope there's a better item out there.

Other than that, I am also using objects to display gold that the player might receive from chests, which makes it necessary to make some ugly filtering or a major change in how I utilize the objects.

Edit:
Roughly 2 months after the release of the big update, most of the known buggy after-effects have been squashed, the campaign even got new tasty unit description and additional flavour dialogues and that's all due to your help. Thanks for that! The soup that is OoA should taste very good now. I've worked on another update that deals with the fixable issues mentioned until now.

In short: less free/loyal units, removed abusable circumstances to farm massive amounts of XP, 16 fresh story screens from the depths of my art smith and additional flavour story texts (that do need some more work, though).
Spoiler:
I won't have much time for Wesnoth in the foreseeable future, so see this update as the last update for the next time. The new v1.11 of OoA can be found on the 1.13.x servers.

So long and thanks for all the fish feedback,
Kwandulin
ahmannar

Post by ahmannar »

It's amazing the amount of work you have done in this campaign in this short span of time. Thank you for your hard work :) .
Sudipta

Post by Sudipta »

Yeah, you have put together a high quality product in a short span of time. Congratulations!!
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Playing Wesnoth since 2010, still there is so much left to play
isillor

Post by isillor »

I really like the campaign the new faction is great and i really like the leader system that you have. However i have run into a problem, when i finish scenario 2 and start loading into scenario 3 (the one after the bandit fight/ OA peril) i get this error "the game map could not be loaded: illegal tile in map: (Mdd) 'Mdd' map cannot be loaded. Does anyone have an idea for a fix or a workaround?
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Post by Kwandulin »

Between version 1.13.4 and 1.13.5, the string of desert mountains has been changed from Mdy to Mdd. So I assume you play on 1.13.4 or any older dev version that doesn't know the tile.

There's a couple of other things that I use from 1.13.5, so sooner or later you'll run into other problems, thus I suggest to make sure to play with that version.
isillor

Post by isillor »

thank you very much i didn't even realize i had an old version "face palm" my bad.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

Hey Kwandulin,
finally got wesnoth 1.13 so I can finally play this epos of yours :D

I've played the first two scenarios so far and I´m really enjoying it. Only thing I noticed by looking at the unit trees in the ingame help:
Why does the the lvl 2 Masun advance to become lvl 4 saray? not only there is the 2 to 4 jump, but also the saray unit doesn't looks like it fit the masun unit line. Maybe an error or oversight? In my opinion it would fit much better as an alternative advancement to the lvl 3 shuja.

Looking forward to play the rest! :)
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl