Oath of Allegiance [SP Desert People Campaign for 1.13.5]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ahmannar

Re: Oath of Allegiance 0.9 [SP Khalifate Campaign for 1.13.5

Post by ahmannar »

I think i'm getting the same problem as i had last time with the genie case: downloaded the new version, probably something was saved regarding the level 2/upper level units not being able to pick up swords and, even after trying your hints from last time (erasing the add-on and re-downloading it), i can´t still pick up the swords. Do you know of any other method to solve this? I didn´t want to replay the campaign before trying everything possible.
I'll give suggestions for more dialogues about the commander units for each scenario whenever i post a replay of them (i'll eventually update my previous post with that information also).

EDIT: This only happens with the unit that i tried to give the sword initially, i tested it now with others and they can equip them with no problem. I'll just leave the weapon to another one if there´s nothing else i can do about it.
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Post by Kwandulin »

Yes, the first sword in 'Drought' can still only be picked up by an Arif due to this tutorial-esque character of the situation. The other swords can be picked by the lvl 2. When starting from the beginning with the newest version, I couldn't recreate the bug you mentioned
ahmannar

Post by ahmannar »

It might be because i tried to pick it up with an maequil before the fix and he's now the only one that can´t pick it up. I'll just give the sword to another unit and let him pick another next on a later scenario. By the way, i have edited my post with the scenario replays with some ideas for extra dialogue from the commander units.

EDIT: A Whisper in the Sands:
Spoiler:
EDIT2: After starting the next scenario with exactly 250 gold, i'm sad with the thought that maybe it has a defined gold count and i was so careful on gold management on the previous scenario with no reason for it xD.

Six Feet Under
Spoiler:
Attachments
OA-Six_Feet_Under_replay.gz
(29.38 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
OA-A_Whisper_in_the_Sands_replay.gz
(53.02 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Post by Kwandulin »

Six Feet Under starts with 150 minimum starting gold, so you must be 'lucky' to get exactly 100 bonus gold. And the spawn of the monsters is not random.

Thanks for the feedback, the suggested dialogues also seem reasonable. I'll once again let the feedback trickle in and then upload a bigger update. OoA might get some really fancy stuff in the future.
ahmannar

Post by ahmannar »

I'm still trying to pass the level "The pearl of the desert" but i have a question regarding it. In Normal difficulty the 4 hurasch controlled by the AI attack the enemy when they come too close to the great khalid. However, playing now in Hard, they stand still without trying to attack them. Is this intentional because of being a higher difficulty?
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Post by Kwandulin »

Normally, they should attack if the enemy gets close, even in hard. Because there are so many Muharibs, they might decide (default AI) to not join the battle so early so they won't get destroyed by the ranged attack, though. Is the enemy close enough? They won't attack an enemy that they can't reach within 1 turn.
ahmannar

Post by ahmannar »

I will let you know of that a bit later than i would like. Having no gold beyond the minimum will make this level unbeatable without a good amount of losses and, in order to prevent that, i'll replay the previous one to get more gold. The difficulty is living to it's name :cry: .
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Post by Kwandulin »

Just for the note that scenario 6 is indeed possible (had 290 starting gold).

And don't care too much about losses at this scenario. Chances are that in the next scenario, the enemy will make mincemeat of you. I literally lost every non-hero unit in scenario 7, but made it anway.
ahmannar

Post by ahmannar »

I truly believe in you, i was too scared by the scenario and wanted to get more gold (went from 250 starting gold to 300 after replaying the previous one and getting better results in there).I will look at your replay and see what i can learn from it and use it. Btw, the hurasch do indeed attack, they must have been too scared to attack previously as you mentioned.

EDIT: Managed to beat it after letting the hurasch take the initial attack and using the extra gold i got from the replay of the previous scenario (may have over reacted in here, oh well).Also i probably am worrying too much about preserving loyals and not advancing much of other units.

The Pearl of the Desert
Spoiler:
Face to Face with the Snake
Spoiler:
Isanbar:
Spoiler:
Attachments
OA-Isanbar_replay.gz
(37.22 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
OA-The_Pearl_of_the_Desert_replay.gz
(44.79 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
OA-Face_to_Face_with_the_Snake_replay.gz
(41.5 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
Last edited by ahmannar on August 27th, 2016, 2:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Post by Kwandulin »

Eye of the dragon on a wyvern rider looks interesting!
In "Face to Face with the Snake" you can reduce your losses if you move your elvish rangers through the northern forest to Uthman from turn 1 on. Uthman doesn't heal that much until your rangers arrive and they can bring him down without intensive fighting with his army (you can still milk them for XP with the rest of your army if you want).
ahmannar

Post by ahmannar »

My take on giving the eye of the dragon to the wyvern rider was to have a good unit that, at high level could eventually dispatch ranged units and that could also create better fight situations(with his knocback). Since they are somewhat tanky, attacking 2 times per turn doesn't put them in too much harm's way.
I initially thought of that but, since in my previous run i didn't have much use for them, i decided to sacrifice them in order to not eventually lose other units.
Going now to the reworked level but i had to restart on my first try. I holed up in the first turns against the trolls and, suddenly, the arafayret appear. At that time, my units aren't far away enough to them and i'm forced to replay from the beginning. I suggest that, at the beginning, someone like dawoud suggests to hurry up along the tunnels, since the power of the barrier will not hold back the sphere for too long.

EDIT: a little help regarding on how to pass the next level would be very helpful. Even knowing that the arafayten are coming and trying to get as far away from them as possible, i can´t pass trough the trolls fast and healthy enough to not die, after that, to them.
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Post by Kwandulin »

By now, your hero and commander units should deal quite a lot of damage to easily get rid of the trolls that are blocking the path. The trick is to let some trolls behind, as the afariyaten also attack trolls. Other than that, there is also some luck involved:
ahmannar

Post by ahmannar »

I´ll try to follow your strategy (only recruiting naffat and pushing non stop) but this could be hard to balance. I saw that in your replay, there were no trolls left near the path leading to the dwarvish leader. In my most successful attempt, 4 trolls were blocking the final part of the road and i couldn´t get past them in time. Seeing the huge variation regarding that situation on your replay, it seems like that's a factor that can also determine the difficulty of the scenario.

EDIT: Also, ilriel is so much better to give eye of the dragon :cry: I feel like not giving it to her will bite me in my back later, but i'm too far away from six feet under to replay it now.

Beneath the sands
Spoiler:
Three Kings
Spoiler:
Chamber of Ancients
Spoiler:
Cloud River
Spoiler:
Eye of the Hurricane
Spoiler:
Th'arwya:
Spoiler:
Attachments
OA-Eye_of_the_Hurricane_replay.gz
(51.15 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
OA-Cloud_River_replay.gz
(65.13 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
OA-Chamber_of_Ancients_replay.gz
(39.08 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
OA-Three_Kings_replay.gz
(42.78 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
OA-Beneath_the_Sands_replay.gz
(46.65 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
Last edited by ahmannar on August 27th, 2016, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ahmannar

Post by ahmannar »

Since the limit of attachments was reached in the previous post, here it's the one from th'rwya.

EDIT: Whadet:
Spoiler:
Attachments
OA-Th'arwya_replay.gz
(58.97 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
Last edited by ahmannar on August 27th, 2016, 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Post by Kwandulin »

You need to bring a djinn to him in Tharwya. You can get those djinns in the harbour