Aria of the Dragon-Slayer (SP Campaign for 1.11)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mantra

Re: Aria of the Dragon-Slayer (SP Campaign for 1.11)

Post by mantra »

I'm trying to get through The Seer's Prophecy and the game keeps crashing on me. :cry:
I'm on turn twelve
Spoiler:
Every time I hit end turn, the other sides start their turns, I believe it gets through at least one side's turn but in the middle of the purple side's turn (I think it's the purple one), the game crashes. I've tried on 12.0.4 and 12.0.5 and it happens all the same.

This could just be a weird OS X issue, but I thought I'd mention it.

In the meanwhile, I'll try starting the scenario over again. If you need a save file or the crash report, let me know.
dracostar

Post by dracostar »

I attempted to start the campaign on 1.12.1, the latest version of the campaign. However, I get an error message and am unable to load even the first scenario. Any ideas as to why this is happening?
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

dracostar wrote:I attempted to start the campaign on 1.12.1, the latest version of the campaign. However, I get an error message and am unable to load even the first scenario. Any ideas as to why this is happening?
Do you have the latest War of Legends version? The new one has changed the id of some units, that could have caused the game to crash :augh:

EDIT: mantra, I'll be looking at that bug, I thought I had solved it in the last version already :doh:
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
Lockindal

Post by Lockindal »

Hi, wanted to say I really enjoy this campaign imparticular. It is far more enjoyable than both WotJ and SoF so far... i like how the big battles are fewer and the skirmish battles are more.

That said, I do want to re-iterate some things...

Swamp of Ten Thousand Spears - this scenario is easy, ignore the other complaints. Although it does basically force you to use air elementals, which are very OP here. But that may be intentional.

Memories - far too easy, the Aragwaithi have too many units and do your job for you.

Frosty Shores - they need more units when the reinforcements invade by the west. They basically do your job for you.

The Legends Cradle -merely a pet peeve. The denizens of this region should be more than capable of defending themselves.... there should be a plot element explaining why it was so hard for them to fight this on their own (if we hadn't shown up, they would have easily been overrun... i had to protect their upper leaders hardcore)

Legacy of the FIrst - is it intentional to have the optional objective impossible? The opposing "friendly" leaders are impossible to reach before they croak. If you just don't have time to rebalance, I think that all that needs done is the leaders need some more distance from eachother and to be less aggressive. (EDIT: this was a lot harder to re-balance than i thought :P new found respect for map makers... it's still not perfect.)
EDIT: I have attached an edited copy of this scenario and its config for peer review; I didn't get very many reinforcements (intentional) but found the scenario much more enjoyable with the possibility of doing the dirty work myself... and encountering some challenges to boot.
29_Legacy_Of_The_First.map
the map file. Goes to: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Wesnveroth1.12\data\add-ons\Aria_of_the_Dragon_Slayer\maps
by default
(26.75 KiB) Downloaded 430 times
29_Legacy_Of_The_First.cfg
Scenario file. Makes some AI adjustments. Specifically, it makes some of the mobs attack you and generally makes them smarter :P
Goes to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.12\data\add-ons\Aria_of_the_Dragon_Slayer\scenarios
by default
(33.21 KiB) Downloaded 417 times
34_The_Seers_Prophecy.cfg
Makes the allied backup possible due to modification above work. Also gives player control.
Goes to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.12\data\add-ons\Aria_of_the_Dragon_Slayer\scenarios
by default
(49.14 KiB) Downloaded 478 times
NOTE: this edit significantly alters scenario 29, it is a bit more challenging while also allowing for alternate objective.

EDIT EDIT: Scenario 34 becomes pretty bugged if you manage to do your own dirty work using the above. You can fix this (kind of. I made the team controllable and gave Brogar canrecruit=yes) by using the attached scenario config file for scenario 34. However, note that orcish veterans will not be able to be recalled until someone/I has the time to write the WML necessary (variable, storage, unstorage, then I assume restorage for future scenarios...)
Last edited by Lockindal on January 10th, 2016, 12:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
brewmaster

Post by brewmaster »

Hi everybody,
First i would like to thank you for your work. I really enjoyed A Song Of Fire. But like dracostar, i'm unable to launch aria of the dragon slayer. When i try to launch it in medium i have the message :

Impossible de charger cette(ces) extension(s) en erreur :

C:/Program Files (x86)/Battle for Wesnoth 1.12.5/userdata/data/add-ons/Aria_of_the_Dragon_Slayer/_main.cfg

Merci de fournir ces informations à l'auteur ou au mainteneur de cette extension.

Détails :

Undefined macro in #ifver/#ifnver first argument
at ~add-ons\\Aria_of_the_Dragon_Slayer\\utils\\weapon-special-events.cfg:505
included from ~add-ons\\Aria_of_the_Dragon_Slayer\\_main.cfg:106
included from ~add-ons\\Aria_of_the_Dragon_Slayer\\scenarios\\01_Dawn_Of_A_New_Day.cfg:14
included from ~add-ons\\Aria_of_the_Dragon_Slayer\\_main.cfg:108

And after that the scenario disappears from my campaigns list, i have to download it again.

My problem is that i don't understand anything about programming and my english sucks. i checked on some topics and i have the latest version of War Of Legends (1.1.7).
I played A song of Fire without any trouble but if it can help you i had a lot a error message in The War Of The Jewel wich i can't finish. Mainly it was about "unknown units" but it did not prevent the game to go on. And later in the scenario i had a final error message wich prevented me to continue to play. So i decided to give up and play Aria Of The Dragon Slayer and you know the rest. I tried to uninstall battle for wesnoth 2 or 3 times in different locations but it did not worked. Usually i give up but i really wants to play this campain because it is very enjoying.
Any ideas? I hope it was not to confused. Thanks for you help and your work.
Lockindal

Post by Lockindal »

The new version of War of Legends makes significant changes and raven has not updated this scenario yet. You will have to go back to a prior version (he stores them on github, and more information can be found in his thread)
brewmaster

Post by brewmaster »

Oh ok i did not think about that. But which version do you advice me to download on github?
Thank you.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Lockindal wrote:Hi, wanted to say I really enjoy this campaign imparticular. It is far more enjoyable than both WotJ and SoF so far... i like how the big battles are fewer and the skirmish battles are more.

That said, I do want to re-iterate some things...

Swamp of Ten Thousand Spears - this scenario is easy, ignore the other complaints. Although it does basically force you to use air elementals, which are very OP here. But that may be intentional.

Memories - far too easy, the Aragwaithi have too many units and do your job for you.

Frosty Shores - they need more units when the reinforcements invade by the west. They basically do your job for you.

The Legends Cradle -merely a pet peeve. The denizens of this region should be more than capable of defending themselves.... there should be a plot element explaining why it was so hard for them to fight this on their own (if we hadn't shown up, they would have easily been overrun... i had to protect their upper leaders hardcore)

Legacy of the FIrst - is it intentional to have the optional objective impossible? The opposing "friendly" leaders are impossible to reach before they croak. If you just don't have time to rebalance, I think that all that needs done is the leaders need some more distance from eachother and to be less aggressive. (EDIT: this was a lot harder to re-balance than i thought :P new found respect for map makers... it's still not perfect.)
I'm glad you're enjoying this campaign too! ^_^
In Swamp of Ten Thousand Spears, I never intended to make the enemies too strong - then again, saurians on swampy/sandy terrain can always be tricky, and unless you've helped the Black Elves before, you'll have some annoyance later in that scenario, as the elves will become your enemies.
In Memories, I was thinking about making the elvish side stronger; they're supposed to be a big elvish nation of the Northlands, after all.
Speaking of which, in The Legend's Cradle I had in mind that the Maat'Karians had been caught off guard by Bogor's invasion, and so they hadn't had time to either prepare the Heaven and Earth's Wall (which appears in a later scenario) nor their summoners (elementalists/umbra mages). Of course, New Maat'Kare could've handled the orcs even without the intervention of Tenma's gang, but hey, let her have some glory too :P
And in Legacy of the First, yeah, I noticed that too when I replayed, but I ended up forgetting to improve that scenario :oops: I'll do that in the next release, though.
brewmaster wrote:Hi everybody,
First i would like to thank you for your work. I really enjoyed A Song Of Fire. But like dracostar, i'm unable to launch aria of the dragon slayer. When i try to launch it in medium i have the message :

Impossible de charger cette(ces) extension(s) en erreur :

C:/Program Files (x86)/Battle for Wesnoth 1.12.5/userdata/data/add-ons/Aria_of_the_Dragon_Slayer/_main.cfg

Merci de fournir ces informations à l'auteur ou au mainteneur de cette extension.

Détails :

included from ~add-ons\\Aria_of_the_Dragon_Slayer\\scenarios\\01_Dawn_Of_A_New_Day.cfg:14

And after that the scenario disappears from my campaigns list, i have to download it again.

My problem is that i don't understand anything about programming and my english sucks. i checked on some topics and i have the latest version of War Of Legends (1.1.7).
I played A song of Fire without any trouble but if it can help you i had a lot a error message in The War Of The Jewel wich i can't finish. Mainly it was about "unknown units" but it did not prevent the game to go on. And later in the scenario i had a final error message wich prevented me to continue to play. So i decided to give up and play Aria Of The Dragon Slayer and you know the rest. I tried to uninstall battle for wesnoth 2 or 3 times in different locations but it did not worked. Usually i give up but i really wants to play this campain because it is very enjoying.
Any ideas? I hope it was not to confused. Thanks for you help and your work.
That's a strange bug... The campaign should at least start normally :hmm: I'll see what might be, and as soon as possible I'll be back with the corrected problem.
As for the unknown units issue, like lockindal has said, it's probably to do with the new version of the War of LEgends add-on. I still have the old one, though, so if you want it, I could send it to you :)

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
brewmaster

Post by brewmaster »

I found an old version of War Of Legends (1.1.5) and tried to replace the new in userdata/data/add-ons but it did not work. The message was quite the same. I even try to go back to Battle For Wesnoth 1.11.6 with the new version of War Of Legend and the ancient one but same thing...so i gave up. But if you find the time to fix that but i would be very grateful.
azeikel

Post by azeikel »

Hi Revansurik big fan of your series (I enjoyed War of the Jewel the most) but when I came back to replay AotDS (post update) I ran into the same issue as the others who have been posting but only when I start the campaign on easy:
The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
E:/Battle for Wesnoth/userdata/data/add-ons/Aria_of_the_Dragon_Slayer/_main.cfg

Please report this to the author or maintainer of this add-on.

Details:

Followed by second error window stating:
unknown scenario: '01_Dawn_Of_A_New_Day'
On the other hand if I start the campaign with medium or difficult as the difficulty settings I get a different error stating:
unit type not found: Dark Soldier
I don't know if that extra piece of information will help with a fix or not but thought I'd share

Cheers
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Azeikel, the first bug you mentioned only happens if you play on Easy; I'm currently trying to figure out the cause, but for now, could you please play it on Normal (or Hard)?
As for the other bug, it was due to a renaming of War of Legend units (another one, I must say :roll: ), but I've corrected that and a few other issues in the version I've just released.
Speaking of which, here goes the changelog of version. 0.4.2.3:

Code: Select all

Changelog V. 0.4.2.3
- Scenarios:
	- Legacy of the First: changes to map
	- The Seer's Prophecy: workaround for the bug that caused the game to freeze

- Artwork:
    - New portrait of Cornelya's latter variation

- Units
    - Updated Dokkor units (thus correcting another bug that prevented game from starting)
	- Corrected missing Tenma sprite in first scenario

;-)
Cashcam24

Post by Cashcam24 »

Every time I try to play the scenario Underground War while its loading I get a message "Error while playing the game: game_error: unknown unit type: Troll Warlord" and it close out the campaign.
IneCeantee

Post by IneCeantee »

I have the same problem with troll warlord on hard difficult.
kanifeli

Post by kanifeli »

Cashcam24 wrote:Every time I try to play the scenario Underground War while its loading I get a message "Error while playing the game: game_error: unknown unit type: Troll Warlord" and it close out the campaign.
+1 on this one. Normal dificulty. What should we do to get this fixed? I have downloaded all your available content on the game addon feature but still the error happens.
Leche06

Post by Leche06 »

+2 to the troll warlord problem!