Aria of the Dragon-Slayer (SP Campaign for 1.11)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Lord-Knightmare
Forum Regular
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: Aria of the Dragon-Slayer (SP Campaign for 1.11)

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Copied Nightmares and Aberrations from War of Legends until 'arcane focus' bug is solved
May I see the bug message screenshot? I tried it WoL's arcane-focus weapon special just now in 1.15.2 and it loaded flawlessly. No CTDs.

Also, welcome back, friend!

revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Lord-Knightmare wrote:
December 30th, 2019, 9:44 pm
Copied Nightmares and Aberrations from War of Legends until 'arcane focus' bug is solved
May I see the bug message screenshot? I tried it WoL's arcane-focus weapon special just now in 1.15.2 and it loaded flawlessly. No CTDs.

Also, welcome back, friend!
Thanks! ^_^

Here's the screenshot. Those messages seem to appear every turn start for side 3 (the Aberrations/Nightmares side) and even for side 1.
Spoiler:
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)

Lord-Knightmare
Forum Regular
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Those messages seem to appear every turn start for side 3 (the Aberrations/Nightmares side) and even for side 1.
Ah, I checked my version control history in Github. This has been fixed already in April 2019. And, the fix was made available for both 1.14 and 1.15 branches.

Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

The one (negative) comment I can make about the storyline for this final third of the campaign is that Galdra's seems to be the only weak plotline in the trilogy. Her motivations are largely unexplained or at least unconvincingly so, IMO.

revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Sadaharu wrote:
January 5th, 2020, 12:38 am
The one (negative) comment I can make about the storyline for this final third of the campaign is that Galdra's seems to be the only weak plotline in the trilogy. Her motivations are largely unexplained or at least unconvincingly so, IMO.
Going spoiler-y here:
Spoiler:
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)

Galenus

Post by Galenus »

I playing this campain on 1.14 and here are bugs encountred so far:
Problem with loading campains - solved. It's problem with wesnoth itself (encounted only on some particular setups), affects few other addon campains as well.
Spoiler:
I've encountred several problems with AMLAs of heroes - for Aria nad Kenshiro ability counter - after taking marksman i wanted to take counter, in the AMLA's choice window is option to take this ability, but it don't add after selection (and it don't add even in the AMLA window in the preview of stats)

Similar problem is with Cornelya and advanced healing AMLA - i have this option in AMLA but it don't change abilities of the hero.

There is also problem with Olokus's ability meditation- it sets all resistance for defence to 0%, same with the ability nature sympathy for both defence and offence.

cptmorgan

Post by cptmorgan »

I'm on the Seer's Prophecy. This scenario is a little infuriating as it is not made at all clear that moving Tenma to Remoses' position would end the scenario. In addition, Olukun and Decerto bugged when they first appeared (no icon, cannot use).
Also, once I got Tenma to his position, she disappeared.
What exactly is supposed to happen in this scenario?