Modified World Conquest

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ChaosRider

Modified World Conquest

Post by ChaosRider »

Modified World Conquest (newest version as for now is v0.5.4) in this addon you can find:

- 6 scenarios (as in World Conquest)

- 144 (with 27 from WC) diffrent items (in World Conquest is 27)

- ai leaders in MWC are more hp than normal units in default wesnoth, MWC era and more than ai leaders in WC, yes i dont like to see how players kills ai leaders in first turn thx warp ability

- 10 training options (in WC is 6)

- more avaible units for leaders, recruits and heroes

- more difficulties and on each more gold for ai than in WC

- 7 factions (in WC 6 which is working with default wesnoth where is 6 factions): Fallen Legions (Anakes + Devlings from Ageless/WOTG) is new here, other one as in WC.

- in WC first ai wave (with higher lvls ) is created from 2 groups (first is picked from set leaders for this addon, and second group from advances for set leaders (lets call it group A (2 lvls for WC) and group B (3 lvls for WC))), in MWC which is playable with eras rpg/normal/heroes (1/2/3 lvls as leader - from default wesnoth) and rpg/normal/heroes/legends (1/2/3/4 lvls as leaders from MWC). What I mean by writting "playable", MWC as WC delete recruit list at game start and after that set new recruit list (for each unit as leader diffrent one), WC works with 2 lvls from default wesnoth, MWC as higher written, thx that group A are units from lvls 1/2/3/4 and group B units from lvls 2/3/4/5

- in MWC you have also more bonuses in each scenario (in WC 3), in each bonus place you can find hero or item (same as WC)

- in MWC is fixed one bug from WC which was hard to detect it there cause only 3 bonus places where there created), created bonus place in x=1 and y=2 and after that item image created on x=1,y=1 (item is allways higher respawned of bonus place), in MWC bonus place cant be created on x=1,y=2 but item can be taken from this hex

- bugs which you can find in MWC:

a) (info for observers) as WC game also MWC game can crash wesnoth window while watching other players game (dont know why, here you got link to topic about this: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 80#p560080)

b) sometimes when you start MWC game your leader or your teammate leader can be killed at game start, why ? Im playing enought long in wesnoth to be bored and a bit frustrated of people who still leaving games (dont understand it wrong, players who leave game after game start are mostly players without addon (i will talk about this later), so we cant call them leavers but players who dont prefer to check what era/addon is used or dont like to read game title in which should be this info) or this one who like to attack my person, insult and other such a things. Thats why i created code to kill sides with leaders name equal to players logins from my ignore list (be happy, you can win with it, just use diffrent login and be more polite, atleast for addon author)

c) why players are leaving game after game start ? Even if MWC works with units from default Wesnoth (its set recruit list for them, dont give them randomly picked faction) its not mean that you can play it without this addon, many images/units ids are taken not from wesnoth core, which mean you will have problem with unknown unit id(auto kick at game start), ofcourse default era dont required to have mwc era when you host game cause its a default era, you can use it but then all players (even this without mwc addon) can join to your game. If you use MWC era then only players who have this era can play your game

- in MWC all new items dont have full description in english, why ? Short part of item description is in english (if you playing first time MWC ask other players what this item is doing if you dont get it from item description), longer description part in Polish language (here its written whats happening when your unit step on hex with this item, such a rpg description). As you can see from this what i written higher im not best in english (I've always preferred math and computer science from language learning), but im trying as i can, all my addons (some part of my addons codes i got help from wesnoth forum) im doing by my self, and when i still hear how players criticize my english language skills im quite unhappy, what make me decide to use also my prime language in items description. If you want to have translations you can allways learn Polish language and translate item Polish description to English :]

- in MWC im trying add units with good animation (not only one base image as for most units of Ageless or WOTG addon)

I hope i didnt attack anyone with this what i written higher, i just wish to describe my addon. If you found some bug which is not written here pls inform me, im allways trying to make better my addons. And why i dont write what i added in newest version of each my addon ? Thx this you have to play it to find addon progress :].
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
anvil

Re: Modified World Conquest

Post by anvil »

Hey, I really like your campaign. There's only one real problem, why is it so hard on peasant mode? I am not a pro at this game, I play it for fun. People select peasant mode for a casual playthrough, there was no need to scale peasant mode to a higher difficulty from regular world conquest. I am playing it right now and the first ai has over 80 units and 10 of them are level 3 or 4. If I were playing with map settings it would be literally impossible as I could recruit at most 7 lvl 1 units at the start of the game. attached is a screen shot, i'm playing with a friend and we started with 800 gold. Good thing since we are still losing to the first enemy on peasant mode. Please fix this problem, I would enjoy the game if the difficulty were modified.
Attachments
Way to hard for peasant mode....png
MRDNRA

Post by MRDNRA »

I found a weird bug on the latest version last night, in that on the 1st level all my units of one side got killed however i was able to carry on playing (one of my sides survived all 36 turns). Unfortunately i deleted the replay but i thought i ought to report it
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

If all avaible kings for red side die then you lose game, if other side of your teammates (2,3) lose all his avaible kings (first king and other heroes which can become new king) you can continue game :].

About difficulty in MWC, i wont change it, it have to be hard :P, you have bigger income from villages/map is bigger (what gives you more time before you will fight with ai units/villages number is increased/you have more bonus places and powerfull items/more trainings which also can be usefull). I already survive first scenario on highest difficulty so its possible to won it. Good advices:
- on this SS we can see sea on east, i prefer to play on maps which have sea on north/south as a first scenario of MWC, then most players have same distance of ai base, thx what one of them dont have to run on north/south as on this ss
- recruit first something fast, some scouts (not more than 3) which you will use to take villages and bonus places before ai spam will attack you
- dont lose units for bonus places (if you cant open some bonus place without losing unit dont send him there)
- creating one type of unit isnt a good tactic, also if you generate map with rivers mermans and other sea creatures can be more usefull
- dont take other player village without asking and his agree, same for items which were created after your teammate unit reach some bonus place
- if there is 3 players in game try take 1/3 of all bonus places, not more cause other players also needs items (or heroes so dont open bonus place for them)
- play smart - dont move units in hexes where they will have low def terrain and you wont be able to defend them by other your units
- try start battle with ai in daytime which is best for you (if you are lawfull it will be day, if you are chaotic night start, if you are neutral day end if ai have most lawful units or night end if he have most recruited chaotic units)
- dont lose easy healers or other units with slow (they can be usefull in battle vs higher lvls)
- dont stop recruit to early, you have higher income so you can create more units than in WC

If you dont like OP ai first wave (this higher lvls - which not allways are higher lvls, first group can be only 1 lvls, second group 2 lvls - this is chosen randomly) you can play MWC 2, which changes you have written in my earlier post.
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
MRDNRA

Post by MRDNRA »

Ah I hadn't realised that. Just as well I was hiding my one remaining red king away in the corner where my green allies were fighting! Funny thing was, my red side and my blue side were taking on the main enemy force together (sharing the same keep) in a fairly wide area while my green side (dwarves) were fighting and beating level 4 spectre of death and level 3 spectre along with others in a narrow choke point, and ended up with over 100 kills and I think 9 losses! Think I might have to try a game with all 3 sides as dwarves, their healer/magical slows unit (can't remember what it is called currently lol!) is extremely useful even if they don't really have many units that can deal with ghosts!
MRDNRA

Post by MRDNRA »

Quick question: With the latest versions is it still possible to get just default faction units by using the default era? I would like to try with just the standard wesnoth units but with the extra items that MWC adds.

(Apologies for double post but not sure if question would be seen otherwise as it's over a month since my previous post)
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

Last newest version 0.7.4, now 0 lvls have new skills :] (all 39 from this addon).

With leaders from default wesnoth its avaible to get recruits from MWC, but one warning when you will use default era in MWC game then all players (even this without MWC addon) will be able to join. Those who wont have it will be kicked out, thx unknown unit type. Thats why sometimes in ai first wave are higher lvls from default wesnoth, cause also for them are set recruit lists.

189 items right now in MWC (WC = 27 items as for now, so 189/27=7, 7x more in MWC). When i was close 100 i thought to stop adding new one items, but as you can see soon i will have 200 :D.

Edit:

MWC v0.8.6 with 194 items.

9 factions (6 from default)
- Loyalists
Spoiler:
- Rebels
Spoiler:
- Northerners
Spoiler:
- Knalgan Alliance
Spoiler:
- Drakes
Spoiler:
Last edited by ChaosRider on February 2nd, 2015, 12:09 pm, edited 8 times in total.
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

Next 4 factions (max 5 images per post):

- Undead
Spoiler:
- Fallen Legions (Upadłe Legiony)
Spoiler:
- Chosen Of Magic (Wybrańcy Magii)
Spoiler:
- Forgotten Beasts (Zapomniane Bestie)
Spoiler:
Used in MWC units id: 580
Used in WOTG units id: 2285

Edit:
In both MWC campaigns (MWC & MWC 2) we have spawned each some turns new units for ai sides near leaders. Thx that i found way how to stop these units, dont allow them attack in same turn when they are spawned i was able to add some other thing. Each time when are spawned enemy units (by my code) are some chances for next units spawned near ai leaders (for 1 lvls spawn 40% for next one, for 2 lvls 30%, for 3 lvl 20%, for 4 lvl enemies 10%).
Spoiler:
Edit2:
Each code for spawn create 1 unit with some chance to works again in same turn
Spoiler:

All (as for now) units which you can find in addon Modified World Conquest:
Spoiler:
MWC v1.1.5 have now 214 items.

Edit3:

MWC v1.2.0 have now 218 items (which is 8x more than in WC (27), 27*8=216 :])
Spoiler:
In MWC each unit can use max 6 items, in MWC 2 only 5 max.

Edit4:

Now we got 231 items :D... In MWC max 7 items for unit, in MWC 2 only 5 max.
Also we got more higher lvls, such a 3 lvl Goblin King!!! After each addon update (with some new unit) images for each faction (posted higher) are updated too on forum.
Last edited by ChaosRider on February 21st, 2015, 6:15 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Enchanteur

Post by Enchanteur »

I have downloaded files in the 1.11 add-on server.
(i'm using Wesnoth 1.11.15)
It don't work.
Filename with space detected.

Bug nightmare :
Mwc_Dragon Lord.cfg
Mwc_Dragon Turtle Guardian.cfg
Mwc_Dragon Turtle Hero.cfg
........ etc .....

Don't release it, if it's not tested Please !
French Player. For now, I'm working on creation of abilitys and units with WML. My goal is to make an enhanced version of Elves, playable with standard campains. HERE : http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 58&start=0
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

On Wesnoth 1.11.8 it works cause i tested it (so dont dare to say others what they didnt done without asking about it). With your behaviour i think i wont search a way to fix it for 1.11.15 (cause I don't care). If you dont want to be treated as "rage nerd" next time before you "Submit" your post leave it for 5 minuts and check it once again ok?

"Don't release it, if it's not tested Please !" - **** you :D i will do what i want.
Enchanteur

Post by Enchanteur »

I didn't say that in a aggressive way, no pb.
The mod is ok on 1.10 server with actual stable version.
So I understand you was not aware about the bug because you tested it and it work on 1.11.8.
Maybe now it don't work on 1.11.15 because it's not stable, or because something change in the game and the game don't read filename with spaces. In this case, it can become problematic, because you will need to do a lot of changes. But it's helpfull to know that.
But, it's my bad, so I've desinstalled 1.11.15 and use only stable version now. Sorry for the convenience.
French Player. For now, I'm working on creation of abilitys and units with WML. My goal is to make an enhanced version of Elves, playable with standard campains. HERE : http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 58&start=0
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

Ok, about wesnoth versions higher than 1.11.8 i dont get why wesnoth autors set some new rule that cant be anything with empty space in name (folders/files/images), and if there is something like that in addon then it can't be uploaded on wesnoth server (for this higher wesnoth versions - so i dont get how you get it from this server). With versions between 1.8.6 - 1.11.8 it works fine.
To make it playable for versions higher than 1.11.8 i have to change a lot of files (unit files, items images, and i guess even folder name of my addon or pbl file) so this will take time, i wish to change & make more clear items descriptions in my addon first (i was kinda sick of hearing that something isnt written well in 100% so i've changed all items descriptions for Polish language, now they scream to change Polish language in items description for English (and i guess this loop will begin again from start but well) because they dont get anything from Polish language...

Newest MWC version (1.3.6 & MWC 2 v0.7.0) have 240 items (still i need 3 to make it be 9x more than in World Conquest (where is 27 items)).
About my addon:
- i don't want add any xp mod (in which you can make better your unit by losing xp) cause its a campaign full of enemies so its enought clear that you will get a lot xp and with such a mod this will be child's play. I don't like easy games and i don't want to create such a one. Its a campaign for pro or for who wants to be pro, sometimes you just have to lose 100 times to learn something, because winning on isar or any other easy map won't teach you anything.
- factions are well balanced, only cause someone can't handle that he don't have some units (which he wish to had) its not mean that they aren't well balanced.
- before anyone tries to tell me to add something (or change) in MWC remember that i did it by my self (sometimes im asking about wml stuff, only when i can't find answer for some questions but that's all) so think about doing this your ideas yourself (I didnt ask others to do addon for me). If you got some idea you should also find inside your self will to do it by your own hands & fingers. Once you stuck then you should ask about help.
- in MWC i try to have units with animation, they are still some without it but they are mostly higher lvls (i needed to have atleast one 5th lvl in each faction). They are now the holidays so I should have time to do something about it.
- don't say that MWC is bugged or any other of this things only because you was too lazy to download MWC Part 2 (addon with images).
- to play MWC you have to remember about some rules:
Spoiler:
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

In Modified World Conquest v1.4.1 (this works in campaigns (in not mwc campaigns only in first scenario) and when you use mwc era in other scenario) you can set to have bonus places (like in orochia) on map, its create 3 for each side, so if we got 9 sides with still alive leaders then on map will be create 29 bonus places (can be more than 1 bonus place in one x y hex). I think in future i will make also option to pick how many of them create for each side (i guess its gonna be from 1 to 10 (which for 9 leaders on map will create from 9 bonus places to 90).

More info about bonus places (types of bonuses and values for it) you can find here: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 18#p575518

Maybe in future i will also add adding new weapons from bonus places (i guess they gonna be also randomly picked, well maybe i just like so much random things or maybe im too lazy to set it by my self).

About new units & new factions in MWC i need atleast one unit with 5 lvl max form, other 4 units with max 4 lvl form, and atleast 4 0 lvls.
Everything from 0-3 lvls should have animation (for higher lvls can be only base image because higher lvls units are bigger and creating for them animation just takes much more time). Also to this i need my own laptop which i still dont have it (problems with computer service which should fix my laptop but they spoiled it, so soon the case goes to court. September 18th I have an appointment with a lawyer to write a lawsuit and bring the affair to court.), why i need my own laptop? Because there i have in excel file all recruit lists for all possible leaders which are quite ballanced.
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

MWC v1.6.0

Eras:
Spoiler:
Campaigns:
Spoiler:
In special abilities you can find:
Spoiler:
Potions:
Spoiler: