From Rocks and Blood - Troll Campaign

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Graziani

Re: From Rocks and Blood - Troll Campaign

Post by Graziani »

Selenium wrote: September 9th, 2021, 4:32 pm It's a little late, but the update worked, and I finished the campaign, it was quite fun to play. I almost exclusively used troll units, I couldn't find much use for the dwarven units.
It's not late, I'm still trying to improve my two campaigns ! Happy you enjoyed it. Another player mp me that he also used really few dwarven units (Trolls are the best !)

I think that the trolls are in this campaign enough balanced to face any faction without help (or, and I hope I'm wrong, they're maybe overpowered).
Creator and maintainer of "A goblin adventure" (available) and "From Rocks and Blood"(available) --- Working on a new campaign "Facing Death"
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

Hi i have played on hard and it's too much hard
First scenario starting gold is 100 which allow me recruit few trolls goblins have 600 total which allow them recruit more then 100 goblins i have finished this with luck on 22/22 turn becouse blue leader abadon his keep and attack me if he don't do that than i will probably lose.

Second scenario is nightmare i and ally have only 100 gold and goblins are too numerous there are hundres of them and they even using spiders.

I have lose this wirh 1 enemy leader killed at turn 30/30.
Attachments
FRAB-Trolls in great danger z�znam.gz
(75.31 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
Graziani

Post by Graziani »

Rendy55 wrote: October 6th, 2021, 6:33 pm Hi i have played on hard and it's too much hard
First scenario starting gold is 100 which allow me recruit few trolls goblins have 600 total which allow them recruit more then 100 goblins i have finished this with luck on 22/22 turn becouse blue leader abadon his keep and attack me if he don't do that than i will probably lose.

Second scenario is nightmare i and ally have only 100 gold and goblins are too numerous there are hundres of them and they even using spiders.

Hi ! The two first scenarios of this campaign are indeed hard because you have to face a huge number of weak enemies.
One possible way to victory is to sneak behind their lines with a small number of units and kill their leaders while the biggest part of your army is trying to push back their hordes (the map design can allow this strategy of avoiding confrontation). But if you go with all your troops trying to defeat their armies you will probably not have enough time to finish the scenario.

I hope you succeed since your post !
If you persist, you will see that the following scenarios are very different from these two first scenarios. Your gold will grow through all campaign, even in hard.

I will download your playthrough tonight to see how you played
Creator and maintainer of "A goblin adventure" (available) and "From Rocks and Blood"(available) --- Working on a new campaign "Facing Death"
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

Graziani wrote: October 10th, 2021, 2:16 pm
Rendy55 wrote: October 6th, 2021, 6:33 pm Hi i have played on hard and it's too much hard

Hi ! The two first scenarios of this campaign are indeed hard because you have to face a huge number of weak enemies.
One possible way to victory is to sneak behind their lines with a small number of units and kill their leaders while the biggest part of your army is trying to push back their hordes (the map design can allow this strategy of avoiding confrontation). But if you go with all your troops trying to defeat their armies you will probably not have enough time to finish the scenario.

I hope you succeed since your post !
If you persist, you will see that the following scenarios are very different from these two first scenarios. Your gold will grow through all campaign, even in hard.

I will download your playthrough tonight to see how you played
Thanks for tip i will definitely try that strategy in my next attempt.
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

Hi i have tried second scenario again without any progress from first attempt. becouse in that attempt enemies killed allied leader at turn 17.So i have switch to normal difficulty and did it without much problems.

I am now at this map and i have problem becouse orcs killed dwarfs before i have arrived in to their fortress.and they release my dwarf and crolog then spawn next to him and all orcs and humans imidietly surround and kill them and i have dafeat.
Also 35 turn on big map like this with that many enemies is not much.
I have to suggest give dwarf into cage and releas him when some player's unit steps on cage hex.instead of spawn him when dwarf king die.
Attachments
FRAB-Rallassam záznam.gz
(122.94 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
Graziani

Post by Graziani »

Rendy55 wrote: October 19th, 2021, 2:54 am Hi i have tried second scenario again without any progress from first attempt. becouse in that attempt enemies killed allied leader at turn 17.So i have switch to normal difficulty and did it without much problems.

I am now at this map and i have problem becouse orcs killed dwarfs before i have arrived in to their fortress.and they release my dwarf and crolog then spawn next to him and all orcs and humans imidietly surround and kill them and i have dafeat.
Also 35 turn on big map like this with that many enemies is not much.
I have to suggest give dwarf into cage and releas him when some player's unit steps on cage hex.instead of spawn him when dwarf king die.

Woah. I never saw orcs winning against Rallassam Fortress. Thanks so much for the save file gonna check it immediatly, I will be able to fix it.
Were you still on normal difficulty or did you switch back to hard ?
Yes its not really a problem that orcs win against Tronark, it's more a problem that Crolog is coming to save Darlasan. Cage would be better in this case.
I come back to you quickly.

For the 2nd scenario, I will consider add reinforcement to the allied side if goblins come too close to their leader.
Last edited by Graziani on October 20th, 2021, 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Graziani

Post by Graziani »

Okay, so the problem is that two of the three dwarf leaders sent themselves in the middle of the battle and died quickly. So dwarvish army lacked quickly of reinforcements. I will modify this scenario in order to get a cage or something similar.

Thanks for the review ! Can't wait to have more feedback from you. Hope you are enjoying the campaign even with those problems. Thanks for helping me to solve those.
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

@Graziani
I have switched back to hard after second scenario.
Ok thank you for modifiing that scenario.
Graziani

Post by Graziani »

Rendy55 wrote: October 20th, 2021, 10:44 pm @Graziani
I have switched back to hard after second scenario.
Ok thank you for modifiing that scenario.
Thank you.
Let me know what you think about of the rest of the campaign !

Version is now 1.0.5, updated and online.

-Added to allied leader some reinforcements --- S2
-Modified map --- S8
-Added dwarvish reinforcements --- S8
-Improved dialogs --- S8
-Darlasan can be freed only after defeating all enemy leaders --- S8
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

There is to much enemies i don't have idea how kill them all ,they recruiting new ones faster then i killing them.
Attachments
FRAB-Rallassam záznam00.gz
(148.15 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
Graziani

Post by Graziani »

Rendy55 wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 7:33 pm There is to much enemies i don't have idea how kill them all ,they recruiting new ones faster then i killing them.

Just saw your playthrough, and played it again by myself.
You were so close to win! Also, you were unlucky against the orcs on the right side of the map.

But you were right when you said few days ago that there isn't enough time for such a big map like this one.

New version updated and online : 1.0.6

-Removed 1 group of dwarvish reinforcements --- S8
-Added 5 more turns in each difficulty --- S8

Did you succeed since your last message ?
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

No i did not play it again i don't have idea how dafeat orcish and bandit leader when i am focusing on dwarfs.
Graziani

Post by Graziani »

Version1.5 Updated and Online !

I just ported my campaign from 1.14 to 1.16
I was very slow to do it, I ported firstly my goblin campaign A Goblin Adventure (AGA) because it didn't need as much work as FRAB needed.

So, FRAB is back on wesnoth with a lot of changes :

-Fixed a problem with unit description box that was making game crash
-Improved all maps and updated old wesnoth’s version terrain
-Corrected my custom goblin sprites (magenta problem)
-Updated a buggy dwarf portrait
-Corrected an XML bug concerning a unit
Spoiler:
-Added mainline portrait for the berserker troll family
-Added some new 1.16 mainline units
Spoiler:
-Deleted some campaign units
Spoiler:
-Added attack/hit/miss sound to a weapon item
-Balanced some campaign units
Spoiler:
-Improved [shrouds] and [scroll_to] --- all campaign
-Added some [scroll_to] tags --- all campaign
-Improved main characters units (plot, description etc…)
-Improved gameplay –- S5, S12, S21
-Embellished maps --- all campaign
-Corrected/improved lines of dialog --- all campaign
-improved plot --- S21, S23
-Modified enemy recruit list --- S21
Spoiler:
-Added ingame description for all campaign units when needed (subject to be improved)
-Many other minor stuff --- all campaign

What is gonna come in the future :

-I would like to rethink all S19 in term of map and gameplay
-Check all gold and income through the campaign and balance as much as I can this campaign
-Correction of a strange graphic bug concerning only one character in a very specific scenario
-Add some dificulty and maybe rethink the gameplay in S22
-Rework all non troll dialogs in a more lyrical/classical english (perdon my french, but some dialogs may hurt your eyes. I hope they won't)
-Rework all story.txt in order to give them a more lyrical style
-Improve all dialogs and maybe delete some of them (there are a lot of them, my characters love to chat)

And that’s it.
Because I made a lot of changes, some bugs may occur. Normally there won't be any problem, but if it's the case, please let me know.

Please, don’t hesitate to give some feedback here, on pm or on discord to let me improve this campaign that I loved to work on.

I really love Wesnoth universe. I love what the community created.
I've been playing this game since 12 years, and god I'm still in love with it, I'm still discovering so many things and details, I still have great pleasure to play it, I have feelings when I'm playing this game. Thanks for eveything.

Thanks for reading me, hope you will have fun by playing FRAB.
Last edited by Graziani on May 13th, 2022, 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

I just downloaded it and I will play it. good work for now
Graziani

Post by Graziani »

hermestrismi wrote: May 13th, 2022, 9:55 pm I just downloaded it and I will play it. good work for now
Thanks ! Hope you will enjoy it ! Don’t hesitate to leave some feedback ^_^