From Rocks and Blood - Troll Campaign

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Tarcil

Re: From Rocks and Blood - Troll Campaign

Post by Tarcil »

Thank you, will try the last scenario again.
Creator of "In Defense of Kharos" viewtopic.php?t=56628
Argesilao2

Post by Argesilao2 »

Hi!

I'm playing this campaign, normal difficult, wesnoth 1.14.14, and I reached scenario 11.

It's all very good :) , a part three little ... well, two little thing and one less little thing.

Scenario 3: A troll, commenting on the large number of existing tunnels, compares the cave to a gruyere. Since gruyere is a Swiss cheese, I think it would be better to change the comparison (unless the trolls go skiing in Switzerland during the winter :lol: )

Scenario 7: well, the gameplay is ... questionable; playing normally it's quite impossible :hmm: , but, knowing where appeared the two dwarven leaders, it is enough to surround the two places before making the leaders appear, and then it is easy to win 8) .

Scenario 11: Chaos at the northern gates, I think it's crucial to say immediately how many turns are needed to complete the ritual to opening the doors, so the player knows immediately if he can win or if he has already lost, and in the second case he can avoid playing totally unnecessary turns.
Graziani

Post by Graziani »

Hi,

thanks a lot for your review !

I updated the addon :

-S5 : No more gruyere ^^ :lol: :lol: :lol:
-S11 : Added a note to the objectives about the 10 turns needed to accomplish the ritual.
-S11 : Fixed an issue that wasn't allowing Firag to use his magic to help Darlasan for the ritual.

I think that I will add 5 more turns anyway for this Scenario, in hard and normal difficulty.
Spoiler:
Thanks again !

Argesilao2 wrote: December 19th, 2020, 10:21 pm
Scenario 7: well, the gameplay is ... questionable; playing normally it's quite impossible :hmm: , but, knowing where appeared the two dwarven leaders, it is enough to surround the two places before making the leaders appear, and then it is easy to win 8) .

For the S7 I need more time to update, I'm hesitating between different possibilities of fixing.
Spoiler:
I have to admit that I did like you one time :lol: :lol: but I never fixed this possibility I gave to the player.

Sorry about your wasting time with the ritual, hope to read you again and to have more feedback !
Creator and maintainer of "A goblin adventure" (available) and "From Rocks and Blood"(available) --- Working on a new campaign "Facing Death"
Argesilao2

Post by Argesilao2 »

Graziani wrote: December 19th, 2020, 11:30 pm Sorry about your wasting time with the ritual, hope to read you again and to have more feedback !
No problem! The scenario is still fun to play, and In the past I I've wasted my time in worse ways, but it was frustrating not knowing where I went wrong. ;)
Moreover, I know well how a new campaign often presents problems, until it is tested in many ways by many players.

I take this opportunity to make two more comments:

I noticed that you don't use animated campfires or animated braziers;

I think you can increase the suspense in some scenarios by hiding the existence of some enemy sides until they are activated or discovered.

Anyway, thank you for the campaign.
Graziani

Post by Graziani »

Argesilao2 wrote: December 20th, 2020, 8:16 am
Moreover, I know well how a new campaign often presents problems, until it is tested in many ways by many players.
Definitely !!

Code: Select all

hidden: if `yes', side is not shown in status table.
I just discovered this thanks to you. I will use it in my whole two campaigns when needed ! Thanks !

About animated fires, there are very few, true. I'm using them much more in the last levels of the campaign, but you right, It's nice, I will add more ^^.

Let me know about the next levels ! Thanks !
Creator and maintainer of "A goblin adventure" (available) and "From Rocks and Blood"(available) --- Working on a new campaign "Facing Death"
Graziani

Post by Graziani »

Updated today :

-Used the hidden sides when needed in ALL campaign.
-Corrected some gameplay issues lvl 14 .
-Corrected an ineficient remove_shroud tag lvl 18.
-Corrected few lines of dialogs lvl 17,18,19,20.
-Added 5 turns to the turn limit lvl 11 and 15 in ALL difficulties.
-Added a note lvl 15 to clarify the objective.
Argesilao2

Post by Argesilao2 »

I finished the campaign using the last version uploaded, and I must report some very minor issues.

At the end of the following scenarios appear a message eror: <lua> repeated endlevel executing, ignoring; in any case, this does not seem to have any effect on the progress of the campaign.
- The Lake of the Abyss
- The Ghostly Crevices
- Mourbarak
- The end of the goblins
- They are demons
- The forgotten Dragon
- An unexpected enemy

The Naga Pikeman lacks an image when attack; I think the problem is in the line 185 of his cfg files (image="unitsnagas/pikeman.png" instead of image="units/nagas/pikeman.png")

I noticed that, when some particular situations are triggered, the dialogues are the same whether it is a troll, or a dwarf, or an ogre speaking; in my opinion it could be an improvement if, when an ogre is speaking, the form of the dialogues were different.

In my opinion again, the last battle scenario it's a bit too easy to win; after all it's a last battle scenario. ^_^

In the epilogue, the story says that 3 years had passed since the last battle, however, in the subsequent dialogues, Godug speaks of 5 years, but I may also have misunderstood the meaning of the sentences. :|
Spoiler:
Well, as final consideration the whole campaign it's fun to play; trolls and goblins new units fit very well into their race and don't distort them, the plot it has its own consistency.
Thank you again for your work!
Graziani

Post by Graziani »

Argesilao2 wrote: December 26th, 2020, 9:56 am I finished the campaign using the last version uploaded, and I must report some very minor issues.

At the end of the following scenarios appear a message eror: <lua> repeated endlevel executing, ignoring; in any case, this does not seem to have any effect on the progress of the campaign.
- The Lake of the Abyss
- The Ghostly Crevices
- Mourbarak
- The end of the goblins
- They are demons
- The forgotten Dragon
- An unexpected enemy
Thanks, I will update this !

Argesilao2 wrote: December 26th, 2020, 9:56 am I noticed that, when some particular situations are triggered, the dialogues are the same whether it is a troll, or a dwarf, or an ogre speaking; in my opinion it could be an improvement if, when an ogre is speaking, the form of the dialogues were different.

In the epilogue, the story says that 3 years had passed since the last battle, however, in the subsequent dialogues, Godug speaks of 5 years, but I may also have misunderstood the meaning of the sentences. :|
Good idea, with a simple code I can switch between ogre dialog lines / dwarves / trolls for the moveto events for example ! Thanks !
And... Yes, I made a mistake in the epilogue :doh:

Argesilao2 wrote: December 26th, 2020, 9:56 am
One final observation: isn't the issue of the naga empire treated too little?
I plan to make a small campaign, from a different point of view, about this Naga Empire. Stay tuned... In UTBS they serve Eloh, and very few details about them are given through the campaign. Based on this, I wrote a lot about them.
Argesilao2 wrote: December 26th, 2020, 9:56 am
In my opinion again, the last battle scenario it's a bit too easy to win; after all it's a last battle scenario. ^_^

Well, as final consideration the whole campaign it's fun to play; trolls and goblins new units fit very well into their race and don't distort them, the plot it has its own consistency.
Thank you again for your work!
Yes I played it again and it's true, indeed two players told me the same. I think I will drastically add difficulty to this scenario.

Thanks for your review, I'm glad you enjoyed my campaign! I will continue to improve it ! ^_^
Last edited by Graziani on December 29th, 2020, 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Graziani

Post by Graziani »

Available on server :

Version is now 0.9.9.6

-Updated the naga pikeman frame issue
-Fixed the "<lua> repeated endlevel executing, ignoring" in S12,15,16,17,18,19,21
Selenium

Post by Selenium »

Campaign won't start, says it can't find the 'units' file.
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

Selenium wrote: May 8th, 2021, 3:18 pm Campaign won't start, says it can't find the 'units' file.
It looks like the campaign might have case sensitivity issues. Are you playing on Linux?
Selenium

Post by Selenium »

I'm playing on Linux, yes.
Graziani

Post by Graziani »

gnombat wrote: May 9th, 2021, 3:34 am
Selenium wrote: May 8th, 2021, 3:18 pm Campaign won't start, says it can't find the 'units' file.
It looks like the campaign might have case sensitivity issues. Are you playing on Linux?
Does anyone else got problems with my campaign ? I have no idea how to fix potential problems linked to Linux.

Do you have the same problem Selenium with other addon campaigns ? Or it is just mine ?
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Graziani wrote: May 13th, 2021, 10:05 am Does anyone else got problems with my campaign ? I have no idea how to fix potential problems linked to Linux.
Yes it doesn't work on linux.
To fix it, do a find and replace on all *.cfg files and change
From_rocks_and_blood into From_Rocks_And_Blood

That's it :)
egallager

Post by egallager »

An icon to be displayed in the add-on manager would be nice