No Randomness Mod Released

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: No Randomness Mod Released

Post by Ravana »

1) was the way to do it before 1.13. That way is now discouraged, and is responsibility of porting to update.
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Would be interested in seeing a replay of your glider problem. I suspect it's just resistances doing their thing, which isn't easy to overcome without actual coding skills, none of which I have, as mentioned above. If someone wants to try and make the maths less opaque or update this for current wesnoth mod standards, they're very welcome, I just ported this because it seemed that there was demand for a no-luck combat option rather than a less-luck option and this was the best mod I've seen that actually does this.

Thanks Konrad, I'll look at adding a little more details to the description soon.
Ravana wrote: May 9th, 2018, 1:03 pm 1) was the way to do it before 1.13. That way is now discouraged, and is responsibility of porting to update.
Certainly feeling discouraged now :P
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
But perhaps 'maintainer' is too strong a word.
enclave

Post by enclave »

i think it was the way to do it before 1.11, because 1.12 already had modifications in it, so it was dugi responsibility to change it when ported to 1.12 I guess :)
Stop panic people... not a big deal this all... well done UnwiseOwl, its better than nothing.. just saying that this is far from perfect unfortunately.. and there are other add-ons as alternatives, keep it in mind when deciding to try this "better luck" thing.. which I was expecting to see much better than what I saw from a pro coder.. (more like just shocked.. tbh)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Have the creator heard of WML? Mltiplayer tags etc?
You don't know how old this is.
was the way to do it before 1.13. That way is now discouraged, and is responsibility of porting to update.
It was discouraged from the start, if I recall correctly :D, right from the time when I found how to actually do that.

Anyway, I have made it compatible with 1.14 standards, but I am not the person who has uploaded it and I don't know who did it. Here it is, I hope the right person reads this.
Attachments
No_Randomness_Mod.zip
If you know the passphrase, put it on the server, please
(8.6 KiB) Downloaded 408 times
enclave

Post by enclave »

Dugi wrote: June 7th, 2018, 10:24 pm Here it is, I hope the right person reads this.
UnwiseOwl wrote: May 9th, 2018, 1:16 pm
Now it more likely will happen :D
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Done.

Dugi, if you'd like the passphrase, please get in touch.
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
But perhaps 'maintainer' is too strong a word.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

UnwiseOwl wrote: June 8th, 2018, 7:33 amDugi, if you'd like the passphrase, please get in touch.
Send me it in a PM, please.
OneMisterD

Post by OneMisterD »

Is there any working iteration of this mod for the current version of the game?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

There is one. Right on the server. Or is it somehow broken?
weewah

Post by weewah »

Illuminate bug?
dnr bug.gz
(6.26 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
The test is at dawn, a peasant with a 5x2 attack versus a wolf on forest hex which has 0% resistance and 50% defense.

Without illuminate, the peasant does 2 damage per hit, which makes sense if 5/2 is rounded down.

With illuminate, that 5x2 becomes 6x2, but it STILL does only 2 damage per hit instead of 3.

In contrast, a strong peasant with a 6x2 attack without illuminate does the correct 3 damage per hit.
wuxiangjinxing

Post by wuxiangjinxing »

Can this mod be used on 1.16, or is there any alternative?