A Song of Fire: SP Campaign Feedback and Reviews

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

endutas

Re: A Song of Fire: SP Campaign Feedback and Reviews

Post by endutas »

GeneralAsian2403 wrote: July 10th, 2018, 5:28 am Hello, I've got a bug to report.
I couldn't load scenario "Fires of Hope". The bug is like that in "A Monstrous Help", but instead of Illegal map tile Xu, It's Illegal map tile Cme. I tried Chipica's method of replacing the tile with other ones but It didn't help. I'm using Wesnoth 1.12.6 and having the latest version of War of Legends and A Song of Fire installed.
Can anyone help me with this? Thank you in advance.

It didn't work because the missing tile is aquatic keep. To fix that use the notepad and change "Cme" to "Chw" and "Kme" to "Khw". Hope this help!!!
naikon

Post by naikon »

Is there a plan to port this mod to 1.14 version ?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I'd like to point out that this is not a mod.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

endutas wrote: July 28th, 2018, 12:13 pm
GeneralAsian2403 wrote: July 10th, 2018, 5:28 am Hello, I've got a bug to report.
I couldn't load scenario "Fires of Hope". The bug is like that in "A Monstrous Help", but instead of Illegal map tile Xu, It's Illegal map tile Cme. I tried Chipica's method of replacing the tile with other ones but It didn't help. I'm using Wesnoth 1.12.6 and having the latest version of War of Legends and A Song of Fire installed.
Can anyone help me with this? Thank you in advance.

It didn't work because the missing tile is aquatic keep. To fix that use the notepad and change "Cme" to "Chw" and "Kme" to "Khw". Hope this help!!!
I found Chipica's post last page:
Spoiler:
which sounds like the exact solution as I had the exact same problem with Fires of Hope, but my problem is that I cannot find the 1.12 addons folder.

I am playing this on Linux Mint.

For BfW 1.14 there are the two folders, for mainline campaigns and add-ons, respectively:
.../PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/SC2/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.14/data/campaigns
.../.config/wesnoth-1.14/data/add-ons

But for BfW 1.12
I've only been able to find the regular campaigns at
.../PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/SC2/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.12/data/campaigns

and .../.config/wesnoth-1.12/data/add-ons
does not exist, and neither do the add-ons show up even when I try a search of all files for .map files.

Can anybody help?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I don't know anything about linux, but you could try searching for a unit name, which appears only in an add-on you have on 1.12. Maybe that would work?
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Are you using PlayOnLinux to play Wesnoth?
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Konrad2 wrote: October 4th, 2018, 7:17 am I don't know anything about linux, but you could try searching for a unit name, which appears only in an add-on you have on 1.12. Maybe that would work?
I even tried searching for .gz files to see whether I could find the saves folder and reverse-engineer it from there, but some are off-limits to the search function, apparently.

So.

Actually, last night proves that after a long day one should not simply be allowed anywhere near the Internet because the solution was staring at me right in the face.
a) enter editor mode
b) Load Map/Ctrl+O
c) the folder structure is displayed in all its magnificent beauty
d) profit!

So for this installation at least it's

/home/user/.local/share/wesnoth/1.12/data/add-ons

I'm leaving it out here so anybody with the same issue and running a similar installation can find their add-on files without ending up wishing orbital bombardment upon whomever developed their OS or packaged their distribution of Wesnoth.

So
a) make a backup copy and store it somewhere entirely outside the file structure used by the game
b) open the file as root; replace Cme and Kme with Chw and Khw; apply changes

There's nine instances of Cme and one of Kme…

c) REMEMBER TO RESTART THE GAME
d) Prosit!
Pentarctagon wrote: October 4th, 2018, 8:38 am Are you using PlayOnLinux to play Wesnoth?
Nnnnope.
I first installed Mint onto this computer when Microsoft decided to end support for Windows XP, so… that was 2014 and I got Mint 16 which I promptly upgraded to the shiny new standard release that was Linux Mint 17, with which I installed the standard BfW 1.10 which was the latest version in official respositories (I didn't know about 1.12 being out because I hadn't started lurking here).
Later on i found out about 1.12 and got it off PPA Vincent.
1.12 remains the default installation package for Mint 18, the system to which I finally upgraded this year after graduation, when I could afford, if necessary, to spend days fixing a potentially misinstalled system without it being a disaster (which did not happen!).
So I just typed in the instructions to add a repository in the console, entered a password… and it was all installed.

Now I have this bizarre allotment of filespace in which some files are kept in different folders and some (??) in PlayOnLinux.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

I had to do the same with 20_Ring_of_Fire.map

Once again, I recommend that people do backups whenever trying this solution.
dimosok1

Post by dimosok1 »

What do i replace in chapter 20 and with what exactly?
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Try replacing the file in your addons/ASoF with the file I've attached to this post, dimosok1.

Edit: and as I said in my earlier post, do a backup!
Attachments
20_Ring_Of_Fire.map
(33.56 KiB) Downloaded 438 times
Gonozal

Post by Gonozal »

Hello!

I'm really new to BfW and am overwhelmed.
After finished one campaign (Two Brothers) I intend to play the campaigns in chronological order, so the first one is YOUR Trilogy! :-)

...and now the (not so) fun starts:
I have Windows and BfW 1.14. I have installed the newest versions of EoM and WoL in the campaigns folder at first, then created the "add-ons" folder in "data". But still, Song of Fire stops loading with two error messages "~add-ons\War of Legends\images missing"...

As I was silly enough to install BfW from Steam I have several directories to test... ;-(

I guess the solution is quite simpel but as a noob to BfW I am clueless right now.

edit: it would be easier if there was a manual in the wiki on how to handle Eras, etc.
edit2: I tried to use the in-game-client to download your campaign. The result is that there is no connection to the server at all anymore
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Gonozal wrote: February 11th, 2019, 4:15 pm I have Windows and BfW 1.14. I have installed the newest versions of EoM and WoL in the campaigns folder at first, then created the "add-ons" folder in "data". But still, Song of Fire stops loading with two error messages "~add-ons\War of Legends\images missing"...
Why did you install the eras (which are add-ons btw) in the 'campaign' folder? Move them to the add-ons folder instead.
And normally you'd download your add-ons using the add-on manager which automatically downloads them to the add-ons folder.

Btw, Genesis predates (at least in the wesnoth 'timeline') A Song of Fire. But their lore conflicts.
Gonozal

Post by Gonozal »

Yeah, silly me. ;-)
WoL wasn't on the default server of the client.

But, me thinks, that isn't the problem.
This is the correct error message:
"Macro/file '~add-ons\War_of_Legends\images' is missing at campaigns\A_Song_of_Fire\main.cfg:108
included from _main.cfg:38"

I use the ASoF-Version on the 1.12-server.

edit: the paths seem to be correct and I havn't found any other path in the main.cfg. :(

edit2: Silly me!! Per coincidence I found out in the regular troubleshooting thread that I used the wrong directory on C:, instead of the user-directory. :lol:
Gonozal

Re: Cant log in wesnoth official server

Post by Gonozal »

I guess that belongs into this thread too, so I won't need another:

I just tried to use the client to download A Song of Fire from the 1.12. server. So, I changed the URL. Didn't work.
Okay, was worth a try. But the standard addons.wesnoth.org doesn't work anymore either.

Reinstall didn't work either.
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

Gonozal wrote: February 11th, 2019, 4:15 pm Hello!

I'm really new to BfW and am overwhelmed.
After finished one campaign (Two Brothers) I intend to play the campaigns in chronological order, so the first one is YOUR Trilogy! :-)
Even if you get it working, that may still be pretty overwhelming for a beginner - note that this trilogy has over 100 scenarios and is quite complex. It will probably make more sense after playing the mainline campaigns that come with the game (it fills in the backstory of some characters from the mainline campaigns).