A Song of Fire: SP Campaign Feedback and Reviews

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Rafvtell

Re: A Song of Fire: SP Campaign Feedback and Reviews

Post by Rafvtell »

I am playing Song of Fire, i can't start the 4th scenario because of an unkown map tile name (Cf) cf.
What terrain is it supposed to be, since in order to play I have to either change it or find the ressources for it
I play on ASoF 1.0.3

Edit1: After i looked at my version wesnoth 1.12 on an other computer where i had played previoulsy the campaign and watching for the map, I noticed it was supposed to be 'cud' dwarven castle, so i'm going to alter the map data to put that instead, i'm also watching my various addons to see if i find Cf in any map to see what it is supposed to be.

Edit 2 : I didn't manage to find what Cf could be in my addons, also Kf the keep on the same map doesn't work, so i'll replace it with Kud the dwarven keep, hoppefully i'll be able to continue my playthrough, i'm still very interested by what Cf and Kf should be, some type of custom keep and castle? If someone know please tell me where it come from, here is my addons list just in case :
- a new order + Akladian music
- ASoF + music
- ASoW
- affably evil
- After the storm + music
- Ageless era + ageless ressources
- Aria of the dragon slayer
- Birth of a lich
- Era of magic + ressources
- Flight for freedom
- Genesis + ressources
- Invasion from the unknown + ressources
- Soldier of Wesnoth
- To land unknown + ressources pack 1&2
- War of legend
- War of the Jewel

I don't know if Cf and Kf come from any of them or if it has to do with my version of wesnoth 1.14, still I hope it was usefull somehow if anyone else is in the same boat as me. And if it was something made by Revansurik, maybe it was an error?
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

I didn't manage to find what Cf could be in my addons, also Kf the keep on the same map doesn't work
Cf and Kf are "Dwarven Surface Castle" and "Dwarven Surface Castle Keep" respectively. 1.15.x terrain. I am assuming revan forgot to change maps when he backported his 1.15.x version to 1.14.x.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Rafvtell

Post by Rafvtell »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: April 30th, 2021, 2:48 am
I didn't manage to find what Cf could be in my addons, also Kf the keep on the same map doesn't work
Cf and Kf are "Dwarven Surface Castle" and "Dwarven Surface Castle Keep" respectively. 1.15.x terrain. I am assuming revan forgot to change maps when he backported his 1.15.x version to 1.14.x.
Thanks!
Armageddon-drake

Post by Armageddon-drake »

I am having this issue too, how can I fix it?
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Armageddon-drake wrote: May 7th, 2021, 5:59 pm I am having this issue too, how can I fix it?
mass search and replace Cf and Kd with Cud and Kud respectively.
Armageddon-drake

I replaced all the Cf and Kf, but now instead of the error message being about Cf, it says the map isn't a rectangle, and therefore doesn't work. What might be the issue now?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Armageddon-drake wrote: May 7th, 2021, 8:10 pm I replaced all the Cf and Kf, but now instead of the error message being about Cf, it says the map isn't a rectangle, and therefore doesn't work. What might be the issue now?
It is very likely that you deleted one tile instead of replacing it, or you added one. (So your map would indeed not be a rectangle anymore.)
Armageddon-drake

I went back to the original and replaced them again, worked great this time. Thank you so much for your help.
HenryY2020

Post by HenryY2020 »

This happened after finishing Monstrous Help.
GreldonSilverhand

Post by GreldonSilverhand »

Hello all, I just recently discovered Wesnoth. I downloaded a song of fire and the two other add-ons connected to it, though I can't load it. There was a bugfix main.cfg file earlier which i tried to substitute but that didn't work either.

I run Fedora, by the way. I'd be grateful for any help

Thanks!

The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
/home/greldon/.var/app/org.wesnoth.Wesnoth/data/wesnoth/1.15/data/add-ons/A_Song_of_the_Winds/_main.cfg

Please report this to the author or maintainer of this add-on.

Details:

Macro/file '~add-ons/War_of_Legends/units/elves-south' is missing
at ~add-ons/A_Song_of_the_Winds/_main.cfg:130
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

GreldonSilverhand wrote: June 25th, 2021, 1:57 pm Hello all, I just recently discovered Wesnoth. I downloaded a song of fire and the two other add-ons connected to it, though I can't load it. There was a bugfix main.cfg file earlier which i tried to substitute but that didn't work either.

I run Fedora, by the way. I'd be grateful for any help

Thanks!

The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
/home/greldon/.var/app/org.wesnoth.Wesnoth/data/wesnoth/1.15/data/add-ons/A_Song_of_the_Winds/_main.cfg

Please report this to the author or maintainer of this add-on.

Details:

Macro/file '~add-ons/War_of_Legends/units/elves-south' is missing
at ~add-ons/A_Song_of_the_Winds/_main.cfg:130
How did you install the addon(s)? Via the in game menu, or the addons web site?

Please run

$ ls /home/greldon/.var/app/org.wesnoth.Wesnoth/data/wesnoth/1.15/data/add-ons/
$ ls /home/greldon/.var/app/org.wesnoth.Wesnoth/data/wesnoth/1.15/data/add-ons/War_of_Legends/units/

and reply with the results.

BTW, you mentioned you're new so I'd point out that 1.15 is the development branch (odd minor number). 1.14 is the stable branch (though it looks like 1.16 is close). There's nothing wrong with focusing on the development branch, I do so to try to help with troubleshooting, just don't get turned off if some stuff doesn't work right, there's a TON of great content out there waiting for you. Also, by playing "add-ons" or "UMC" you're playing stuff that is "user contributed" vs "mainline" (in most cases the game is installed with a bunch of mainline campaigns, which tend to be more mature and you may want to start with before exploring the UMC, though from what I've read some OS distributions don't include the mainline campaigns by default).
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

this is easily fixable by just commenting out the {~add-ons/War_of_Legends/units/elves-south} line in the _main.cfg.
Spoiler:
Eric143

Post by Eric143 »

I downloaded this campaign some days ago and I really enjoy it. Many nice units to play and level-up, good story, good maps - a very good campagin! Many thanks to the author all everyone who worked on it, and Lord-Knightmare for his solution to the "unknown tile in map" issue. But... I'm having the "unknwon tile in map" issue with another map, and the tile is "Kfa". How can I fix this?
If you don't hear anything behind you, then a child - or a cat - is doing some foolish thing. Either that, or a Ninja is sneaking behind you. I wonder which one is worse.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

But... I'm having the "unknwon tile in map" issue with another map, and the tile is "Kfa". How can I fix this?
Same solution
mass search and replace Cfa and Kfa with Cud and Kud respectively.
Eric143

Post by Eric143 »

Thank you very much!
If you don't hear anything behind you, then a child - or a cat - is doing some foolish thing. Either that, or a Ninja is sneaking behind you. I wonder which one is worse.