A Song of Fire: SP Campaign Feedback and Reviews

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sadaharu

Re: A Song of Fire: SP Campaign Feedback and Reviews

Post by Sadaharu »

I've just downloaded ASoF and AotDS and (so far) they work fine. *crosses fingers*
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Sadaharu wrote: December 30th, 2019, 9:43 pm I've just downloaded ASoF and AotDS and (so far) they work fine. *crosses fingers*
Crossing my fingers too, they played fine with me but you never know with coding :lol:
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

revansurik wrote: December 30th, 2019, 9:43 pm It's already been ported - to 1.14 anyway. I've uploaded them to the 1.14 server a couple hours ago ;)
That's great. I'll be playing them eventually.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

BTIsaac wrote: December 30th, 2019, 11:49 pm
revansurik wrote: December 30th, 2019, 9:43 pm It's already been ported - to 1.14 anyway. I've uploaded them to the 1.14 server a couple hours ago ;)
That's great. I'll be playing them eventually.
Enjoy! ^_^

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

revansurik wrote: December 30th, 2019, 9:46 pm
Sadaharu wrote: December 30th, 2019, 9:43 pm I've just downloaded ASoF and AotDS and (so far) they work fine. *crosses fingers*
Crossing my fingers too, they played fine with me but you never know with coding :lol:
Only one way to find out! See you next year.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Sadaharu wrote: December 31st, 2019, 12:14 am
revansurik wrote: December 30th, 2019, 9:46 pm
Only one way to find out! See you next year.
Happy New Year! ^_^

;-)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I just noticed that the descriptions of the Dragon Trilogy campaigns are a bit weird.
For any campaign it describes only the first part of the three parts. And there is also the fact that you divide the Trilogy into three parts, which are divided into three parts, making no distinction between the 'level' of the division. How about dividing the three parts of the Trilogy into three chapters each?

EDIT:
Also, this is true for 1.14 as well:
Konrad2 wrote: January 5th, 2015, 4:19 pm first scenario, difficulty hard, version 1.12
a problem with my allies gold occured. they only have 14 gold, which i believe should be 140 gold
Konrad2 wrote: January 7th, 2015, 2:40 pm on easy your allies have 180 gold
on normal you allies have 160 gold
on hard your allies have 14 gold

i think 180 -> 160 -> 140 makes more sense
than 180 -> 160 -> 14 ?
Inky wrote: August 31st, 2016, 9:23 pm There are a couple typos with the gold on Hard difficulty:
-Scenario 1 line 77: {GOLD 180 160 14}
-Scenario 13 line 365: {GOLD 550 500 4500}
And there is a typo in Scenario 13 lines 747 and 751, where Thelyan should be spelled Thelian.

Also, I found scenario 4 (Lightning Strike) frustrating due to the suicidal behavior of the allied leader. She would get onto flat terrain in broad daylight to attack a horde of drakes, which made an already very difficult scenario much harder than it should be. Something like the "ask the allied leader to move here" right click menu option from LoW's Acquaintance in Need would be very useful in this scenario.
That gold typo in S13 explains a lot for me. I still remember how my ally started flooding the map with units. xD
Eru_Iluvatar

Post by Eru_Iluvatar »

On Scenario 4 (Lightning Strike), if you beat all the enemy leaders, the scenario ends, without the appearance of the dragon or any of the dialogue, and then the introduction to the next scenario makes no sense. Perhaps you should make it so the dragon appears if you kill all the enemy leaders, rather than just on turn 19.
Anduilas

Post by Anduilas »

I just wanted to say honestly that I just recently saw that the Dragon Trilogy is now on Wesnoth 1.14 and that literally made my day. I love the campaigns, and I think you're a great storyteller. Thank you very much for coming back.
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Don't be happy first. Because the author has been long time vanished since February ago, I recommend you find the bugs and report here in this thread if you can.
Spoiler:
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

FTR, I think you should start to consider splitting up ASoF Music into two add-ons.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Konrad2 wrote: February 4th, 2021, 8:21 pm FTR, I think you should start to consider splitting up ASoF Music into two add-ons.
You think so? It's just that all campaigns of the Dragon Trilogy (and now A Song of the Winds) use more or less the same extra songs, so I thought it'd be more practical to have all in a single add-on... Though now that I think about it, the ASoF Music Pack is larger than some actual user-made music packs :lol:
I might have one music add-on with songs common to all campaigns, and then separate music add-ons with those songs specific to one campaign or another...

;-)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I'm recommending it based on its size. :) Of course, if you have some way to smartly separate it, that's cool too. ^^
(FTR, it's pretty close to the allowed sizelimit of add-ons.)
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Well, been busy days, but here's version 1.0.2 of A Song of Fire!
It wasn't too much work, really; nice that at least one of my campaigns is almost perfectly polished ^_^
Most of the changes, in fact, concern bridging it to A Song of the Winds through dialogue. Scenario 6, for example, became an almost entirely new scenario because of that.

Anyway, here's the changelog! Now, back to polishing A Song of the Winds... :lol:

Code: Select all

V. 1.0.2

- Scenarios
    - Rain of Fire & Twilight of the Kingdoms: Corrected typo for allied gold
	- Council with the King, pt 2: Myra may now speak with some of the other characters
	- The Sky Dragon Descends: replaced Sky Crystals with Yansa's Tears
	- Last Revelations & Wrath of the Heavens: Corrected missing Liliel bug

- Scenarios (general)
    - Some changes to character lines

- Artwork
	- New portrait for Tarkyn

- Units
	- Abhai now has his own unit type
	- Corrected a few missing animation for units

;-)
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Well, March was not as productive a month as I wanted it to be, but here's version 1.0.3 - which also marks ASoF's introduction to the 1.15 server ^_^
Unlike the previous one, this version brings some novelties, as you may see in the changelog below. Now, back to my other campaigns ^^''

Code: Select all

V. 1.0.3

- Scenarios
	- Lightning Strike: limited amount of lvl 2 units enemies may have at a given time; enemy reinforcements' amount now depends on difficulty level
	- The Wilderness: added a bit more of watery terrain
	- Twilight of the Kingdoms: slight modifications to map
	- The Sky Dragon Descends: slight modifications to map; sides 2 and 3 may now give orders to other allies as well; objectives only appear for side 1; Svarballi no longer attacks the dragons' sides (except for Shek'har's)
	- Farewell, pt 3: some new dialogue lines
	- Where the Sun is Born: Alenya & Dvalin get special abilities
	- The Conquest of the Promised Land: changed scenario's name
	- The Rise of Maat'Kare: Myra may no longer recruit human units (spearman, bowman and swordsman)

- Units
	- Added special custom AMLAs for heroes, as well as some new abilities
	- Tarkyn has his own unit type
	- Some changes to Hannuk Sharpshooter's and Forest Bane's melee attacks

- Miscelanea
	- added custom Windsong village

;-)