For Power (0.6.5.1)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

firefox

Re: For Power (0.6.0.5)

Post by firefox »

about West Front
i don't have the save files from that turn anymore, if i remember correctly it was about 10-12 units.
1 Revenant and 1 Bone Shooter were among them, and 2 Chocobones.
i did not notice that they are based on the units that died, it's a cool feature.
i can't remember that i lost lv2 units, so they are probably from my ally.

now about difficulty: i was also playing on easy difficulty, because haven't played wesnoth for over a year.
i like the feature that they are made from the units that were killed, but this feature also has a fragile balance.
you cannot influence the losses of your ally, because the AI does make really stupid moves sometimes, so even if you don't loose any units, some enemies will still appear. a pro player may be able to do this and finish the scenario with ease, but a newbie may loose more units, wich makes the scenario very hard. i guess it would be fair to make the enemies appear one at a time.
about the language:
instead of "ok" you can use terms like "well", "fine" and "good". they all have similar meanings.

"everything is fine" "it went well / it goes well" "you seem to be fine" "this is not good" "sounds good to me" ...
may the source be with you
=(^.^)= nyan~

James_The_Invisible

Re: For Power (0.6.0.6)

Post by James_The_Invisible »

A small update (as I did not have so much time for this campaign lately). It is for both Wesnoth 1.10.x and 1.12.x. The list of changes follows:

Code: Select all

scenario Final Confrontation:
- changed [goal] name=protect_my_unit to protect_unit (as the former is deprecated now)
- no enemies are spawned while the player is fighting Lethalia
- carryover is now really 70% (as mentioned in objectives)
footpads and thieves killed in scenario West Front will be risen as ghosts now
fixed the amount needed for next level in description of redeem 6
Now I have a bit more time so I will work on issues raised last month.

James_The_Invisible

Re: For Power (0.6.0.7)

And I am finished with it. Well probably, I had no time to test one change. Anyhow it is on the add-ons server now. Some details about the changes follow.

Scenario Visiting the Earl
- on EASY he is just usual Grand Marshal with no changes
- on NORMAL he has 70 hitpoints and does 12-4 and 9-3 damage with sword and crossbow respectively
- on HARD he has 80 hitpoints and does 13-4 and 9-3 damage with sword and crossbow respectively
- Clare is thinking something just before the scenario starts. It will probably make the scene a bit clearer
Scenario West Front
- the undead reinforcements appear in front of lich's castle
- they are spawned in more turns, every turn x units (5 on easy, 6 on normal and 7 on hard). I did not test this. So if it is not working this way, please report
About the dialogues
- not much to say. Just see it yourself.

Additionally, fallen cavalrymen in scenario West Front will not be risen as chokobones now but 2 new unit types (level 1 and 2). These more resemble their former selves and you will have to fight less (or none at all) level 2 units.

James_The_Invisible

Re: For Power (0.6.1)

After a while, new version is out. There are no new scenarios, just some changes. Almost all of them are listed (and categorized for the first time) below.

Units
- improved description of Skeleton Rider and Bone Knight
- Bone Knight now has submerge ability (like all undead)
- corrected special notes for dark lords, Fire Elemental, Water Elemental, Amiwen_Elvish_Seer, Blessed Silver Mage and Prophet
- Clare (as lich) has 10% worse basic fire resistance
- Lemyr (as lich) has 10% worse basic impact resistance
- Merissa (as lich) has -10% blade and pierce resistance and just -20% impact resistance
- thieves are now affected by (Merissa's) bandit leadership 1 now (as they were always supposed to be)
Multiplayer scenarios
- the map in mp scenario Source of evil is not covered by fog anymore (no idea why it was ...)
- removed "FP - " from names of scenarios Seeking evil and Source of evil
Miscellaneous
- marked some strings translatable (as they were supposed to be)
- corrected a lot of typos in all chapters
- changed enemies' starting locations in scenarios 16a a 18b in Chapter 1
- added magical comments for wmllint (on 1.12)

Additional notes
- heroes' resistances will be updated upon leveling redeem (and maybe also soul eater ability, I have not tested it). I also added temporary code for it at start of all chapters.
- this is the last version for Wesnoth 1.10.x. New versions will be available only for 1.12.x from now on
Future plans
- change icons for campaigns in the menu (the current ones are and always have been just placeholders :-P )
- finally make the map of the village (Chapter 1) smaller
- start writing next chapter :-)

James_The_Invisible

Re: For Power (0.6.1a)

I discovered that after reorganizing some unit .cfg files in last version I forgot to point the game to the new file so the enemy in scenario Avenger (Chapter 5) became much stronger. It is fixed now (for both 1.10 and 1.12).

3Lorde

Post by 3Lorde »

Don´t recognize the: Dark Lord Human

James_The_Invisible

Hmm, this happens when you are loading a save of some turn from an older version of the add-on, right? I think that you will have to play again the scenario then.

3Lorde

Post by 3Lorde »

This respect Epilogue... and reconect a save e don't work. use 1.12.0 version

James_The_Invisible

Re: For Power (0.6.1b)

Oh, sorry. I thought that this happened in scenario Avenger. I am uploading a fix.

James_The_Invisible

Re: For Power (0.6.1c)

After a while, there is new version. There are no big changes (or new content), it is mostly code cleaning. The only change worth mentioning is that after taking all advancement path from soul eater, Merissa instantly gets 2 more hitpoints with each next level. That is all for now.
PS: The add-on is now also now on GitHub (the link is in the first post of this thread). You can check out there all changes before they are released. You can too report there bugs or make suggestions for changes. All future releases will be also there to download.

James_The_Invisible

Re: For Power (0.6.1d)

New version is out. Changelog for this version follow:

Code: Select all

- changed icons for all chapters in campaign menu
- Gauntlet now ends in defeat also if any hero is killed before the final wave arrives, they also have death speeches now
- Amiwen is now always level 4 with 0 experiences at the start of Chapter 3
- Clare and Amiwen now have a talk when they meet
- changed variation_name to variation_id, added new translatable variation_name (this applies to Clare as Lich and Jolla as Silver Mage)
Preview of the icons:
Other news:
I started writing Chapter 6 but the pace is rather slow. The current progress is at GitHub on branch 0.6.2 (as the plan is to release it in parts and the first one will be in version 0.6.2).
Also, I removed changelog from first topic of this thread. It is now distributed together with the add-on and as well present in the repository. Only a link is now in the first post.
Section Known Issues in the first post was updated. Any help with them would be most appreciated.

James_The_Invisible

Re: For Power (0.6.1e)

New version is out. I mostly focused on dialogues this time. I have rewritten initial dialogue/introduction for scenarios The Northern Alliance and Back in underground, in the latter Ravanal also thinks something
Spoiler:
. Also Amiwen is introduced to Merissa and Tinry at the start of More orcs now.
Other notable changes: all gold from Back in underground is carried over now. I made some improvements to objectives of More orcs, side 5 there (the necromancer) starts with a bit more gold and has higher income now. (I felt that he could recruit too less units :lol: .)
PS: First scenario of Chapter 6 is almost done. There will be no battle, just a lot of talking.

Quatrix

Post by Quatrix »

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and I just wanted to report a bug in "FP2 - West Front". When I ended my turn 14, Mal-Zarul (the Lich of the green team) shouted "Rise, fallen warriors and serve me!" at me and summoned a horrifying... Lua error! :shock:
Image of said error:

Yeah, nothing else really happened then; I mean he summoned some new skeletons at his castle but that's it, really. If you guys need info like a savegame or something just ask! ^_^

Dugi

Post by Dugi »

James, it means that a [case] for a [switch] lacks a value= property.

James_The_Invisible

Re: For Power (0.6.1f)

Oh really, I have written type instead of value one time. I am uploading a fix. Thank you Quatrix for reporting the bug and Dugi for solving it.