For Power (0.6.5.3)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

James_The_Invisible

Re: For Power (0.5.7.4)

Post by James_The_Invisible »

I cannot tell you his exact location (without seeing your save file from this scenario) as one of the coordinates is random. But his x-coordinate is 2 and y between 3 and 14. You should step on all these hexes with Merissa until you find him. Or if you do not want to do this/cannot find him on any of these hexes, you can send me your save and I will tell you the coordinates/what went wrong.
Spoiler:
Last edited by James_The_Invisible on June 26th, 2014, 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
caoraivoso3

Re: For Power (0.5.7.4)

Post by caoraivoso3 »

Oh, thanks i already find it i thought it was random too and i already found it. you should make a hint to get the guy easier you just say it is in the mountains.
James_The_Invisible

Re: For Power (0.5.7.5)

New version is out. It contains improved initial dialog for scenario Defend the village. Also now Lemyr uses old paladin's sprite in chapter 1 and 2 on Wesnoth 1.11.5 and later (the change in 0.5.7 applied only to multiplayer scenario, I forgot to mention it).
Also some progress on the very last scenario of Chapter 5 - it is almost done, I only need to write the finale dialogue and play-test it then.
lastjuan

Post by lastjuan »

Disclaimer: I'm playing BfW 1.11.16 in Windows 7 (level Normal in all chapters).

Hello:

First of all, thank you for such a large campaign. I'm really enjoying myself travelling with Clare & friends. Although, some of the things that she has done have left me a bit upset (particularly the things related to the North Alliance).

In general feedback, I had found a very stable level in the difficult subject (in the sense of a initiate/intermediate level, using the mainline campaigns). There is no impossible scenarios (ironically, on average I had found the initial scenarios more complicated the the last ones ;) :shock: , particularly in the last chapter, it took me awhile to find the right strategy to win) and very few ridiculously easy.. The story is complex and morally a bit ambiguous (something very remarkable from my point of view) but a bit disjointed in occasions. The dialogues are fine, in general. I hadn't seen any glaring errors or strange expressions.

In any case, I had found a bug in scenario Flight . Only Clare is present and the enemies keep their positions, so I think that something is seriously wrong. I didn't use the debug mode (among other things I don't know how). As I don't know if you need it or not, but here you have the file.

Greetings lastjuan
Attachments
FP5-Flight.gz
(11.36 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
James_The_Invisible

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am really glad that you enjoyed it.
lastjuan wrote:Disclaimer: I'm playing BfW 1.11.16 in Windows 7 (level Normal in all chapters).
I am too using this version (of Wesnoth) to play-test my campaign.
Although, some of the things that she has done have left me a bit upset (particularly the things related to the North Alliance).
The thing is that she is an undead lich and darkness and undeath are slowly corrupting her soul. She cannot help it, she wants but she is too weak. And she is going to be much more worse later ... (You meant killing the two humans in scenarios 4 and 8, right?)
In general feedback, I had found a very stable level in the difficult subject (in the sense of a initiate/intermediate level, using the mainline campaigns). There is no impossible scenarios ... and very few ridiculously easy..
Hm, that is good, given that I made very little effort to balance it. But if you proceed in Chapter 5, I would like to know how difficult you find scenario 7 and especially 8.
The story is complex and morally a bit ambiguous
That was exactly my aim. I did not mean to tell a story about an absolutely good person (rather someone tottering between good and evil). I want players to wonder if this is a good thing. Good to know that someone can see it.
but a bit disjointed in occasions.
Can you tell me which parts you find disjointed? I will try to correct it.
In any case, I had found a bug in scenario Flight . Only Clare is present and the enemies keep their positions
Hm, that is weird. I can reproduce it from your save but not from my ones. And the enemies probably do not move because they are separated from Clare by an invisible wall. They should attack Tinry who is supposed to be on the same side as them. I will investigate your save and tell you if something is wrong with it.
James_The_Invisible

Re: For Power (0.5.8 aka 0.6.0 RC 1)

New version is on trunk server. It is not on 1.10/1.11/1.12 server as it contains unfinished stuff. The new content may or may not work properly/at all. But if you want to check it out and provide some feedback (including bug reports), you are welcome to download it.
What is in the update:
How to get it:
Last edited by James_The_Invisible on August 4th, 2014, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
caoraivoso3

Re: For Power (0.5.8 aka 0.6.0 RC 1)

Post by caoraivoso3 »

you finish the chapter 5?
James_The_Invisible

Re: For Power (0.5.8.1 aka 0.6.0 RC 2)

Almost. I just finished writing the last scenario and fixed two bugs in it but it still needs some play-testing. I also would like to write a short epilogue.
The scenario is on trunk server. Also, in this version I renamed scenario Flight in fifth chapter. I did not realize that this name is used in first chapter too and I came up with a better name. The new name is One for all.
caoraivoso3

Re: For Power (0.5.8.1 aka 0.6.0 RC 2)

Post by caoraivoso3 »

ok, I didn't downloaded just yet but i will when you finish the chapter 5 to play all the way till the end of the chapter.
James_The_Invisible

Re: For Power (0.5.8.2 aka 0.6.0 RC 3)

New version is out (well, only on trunk server). Hopefully it is the last RC for 0.6.0 :D . The main change is in composition of elemental wave in the new multiplayer scenario. Instead of standard units, I am using now elemental units from Rise of the Elementalist. Elementals now also appear in later waves (as I have level 2 units for them). Also, I changed the icon on the add-ons server. I included in this release epilogue for Chapter 5 but for now it just saves (some of) your units, there is no text written yet. I will do it soon.
James_The_Invisible

Re: For Power (0.5.8.3 aka 0.6.0 RC 4)

More progress :). I finished writing epilogue for fifth chapter, it is much longer than for any previous chapter. I also wrote new description for the add-on which will appear on the server. But I uploaded nothing from it yet, I want to complete the dialogues for the new multiplayer scenario firstly. (9th August 2014)

I just uploaded new version on trunk server. I did not write all dialogues for the mp scenario yet but most of them are present now. The update also contains epilogue for Chapter 5 which is now complete. Well, at least story wise, you may come across some bugs/unexpected behavior in the last 2 scenarios. I also changed description of the add-on on trunk server.
Any feedback regarding the new content from the 6 (or so) people who downloaded it, would be most appreciated :) . (16 August 2014)

I was playing again certain scenarios and found a few of them too hard. I decided to give enemies at start of scenarios Flight (Chapter 1) and Banished from paradise (Chapter 5) 2 less units on all difficulty levels. Also in the latter, the enemy will no longer have level 3 units on hard and on easy you will get 20 more gold. I decided to keep old sprites of knight for Lemyr on newer versions of Wesnoth (as he already uses the old sprites as paladin). Both changes will be a part of next update.
Some time ago I created new unit type for older Jolla and got rid of old (and unnecessary) unit types for Clare as Dark Sorceress and Necromancer and go with standard unit types for her (with objects). I have written necessary code to enable old save files to work more but I will ditch it in a month. After that, your old saves from scenarios from chapter 1where she appears will stop to work and older Jolla will not use her new unit type in chapter 5 if you use your old saves. (20 August 2014)

I realised that too many enemies are spawned in scenarios Banished from paradise, Besieged and March to the East (in Chapter 5). This will be changed in next version, in the first and last mentioned scenarios only 1 enemy unit will appear each turn on each spawn point. In scenario Besieged, on normal and hard 2 enemies will be spawned at each point, on easy 1 or 2. You will also get more gold in this scenario. I also decided to change Clare's advancements regarding shadow wave - she will not be able to gain 1 more strike, instead she will get explosive special (she will also harm enemies around the main target for 75% damage).
James_The_Invisible

Re: For Power (0.5.8.4 aka 0.6.0 RC 5)

I finished writing all important (from my point of view) dialogues for the new mp scenario and uploaded it on trunk server together with changes described in my previous post. Besides that, I have corrected Merissa's defense animations (as lich, she was using fugitive's frames) and disabled standard recruiting in scenario Cave. This should be the last release before 0.6.0 which will come out soon. There are still some small things that I want to do before it.
James_The_Invisible

Re: For Power (0.6.0)

Version 0.6.0 is finally out. It is first version on usual servers after quite long time. It contains everything that was on trunk server (among other things finished Chapter 5 and next multiplayer scenario) together with other changes.
Firstly, I took a look at Lemyr, Merissa and Amiwen's advancements. They improved their attacks too much. So now amlas adding them an additional strike also slightly decrease damage (per strike). The only exception is Merissa's chill tempest which was relatively weak. She can get a new special for it - the enemy will be slowed and take small damage every turn.
I (again) revisited Clare's shadow wave and found it very weak. The advancements will now make this attack stronger, you can again gain 1 more strike for it.
Redeem too underwent some changes. Now you can see its level in the name of the special and amount of needed kills for next level in its description. It also has cooldown now.
Mal-Ravanal and "enemy" leaders in scenarios The Underground and Possessed people cannot be redeemed now.
I have rewritten initial dialogue of scenario Mal-Ravanal. You have now less turns for completing this scenario and the enemy gets reinforcements at the latest at turn 18. When they arrive, you get more turns to escape.
Clare now finds Jolla after Chapter 3 not during it. It was necessary because else she would be too old in Chapter 5. I did not realise it firstly.
I improved description of all 3 preserved liches, it also contains clues about some their advancements.

This is the last version for Wesnoth 1.11.0 - 1.11.9. From now on, next versions will be available for only for 1.11.10+ and 1.10.x (until 1.12 comes out).
Last edited by James_The_Invisible on September 4th, 2014, 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sreesreearul

Re: For Power (0.6.0)

Post by sreesreearul »

Hi,
Playing the last scenario in BfW 1.10, moved older Jolla to the portal and kept her there for around 10 turns, nobody attacked her, yet nothing happens other turns running out.

Best,
James_The_Invisible

Re: For Power (0.6.0.1)

Thank you for the report. This was not intended. She could close the portal after a few turns and then you should proceed to the next stage :). I have no idea why it did not happen (as I have seen the technique used somewhere else). Anyway, I uploaded a fix. (I also fixed a bug where you were not defeated when older Jolla was hit during closing the portal. I made a typo.) But you will need to play this scenario again after you download the fixed version. (And sorry for taking some much time to fixing it. I have been a bit busy lately.)