The Library of Kratemaqht [SP Campaign]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: The Library of Kratemaqht [SP Campaign]

Post by Pentarctagon »

Regarding the python, you're probably thinking of wmllint. Otherwise, you should just be able to put your campaign in the add-ons folder and be able to select it in-game and start testing it.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
cephalo

Post by cephalo »

Wow, I uploaded a partially updated version this morning, and 18 people have downloaded it already. I just want to warn people there's a point where you might get stuck. I'm trying to figure out the problem, and I uploaded in hopes that someone could help me with it.
CannonFodder

Post by CannonFodder »

I will likely revisit this campaign soon, however I am just playing the game occasionally. Anyway if I find anything odd, I will tell!

By the way what about creating a separate resource from the dragons? In 1.12, people created various add-ons from it, probably it would be nice if an "official" source was available. Download size in particular was a concern, I created scripts to reduce it with little visible effect, as you can see in earlier posts here.
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

BFW 1.14.4

In the dialog scene leading up to this scenario, Jevyan was invisible.

In this scenario, Ariphron is also invisible, and I can't move either.

They're in the encampment, BTW.

Code: Select all

Checking lua scripts... ok
20180930 08:39:24 error config: Error while loading the map: Unknown tile in map: (Gd^Xff) 'Gd^Xff'
20180930 08:39:27 error config: Multiple [unit_type]s with id=Healer encountered.
Detected an image with bad dimensions: terrain/fire/fire-big-forest-A01.png: 144x144
It will not be masked, please use: 72x72
Attachments
LoK-Loyalty's Cruel Reward Turn 1.gz
(38.91 KiB) Downloaded 387 times
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
cephalo

Post by cephalo »

Dang, I don't know how to fix it. I'm too rusty with WML to say if it's a problem with the scenario or a bug introduced in recent versions. wmllint didn't see a problem with it and I don't see one either.
white_haired_uncle

At the beginning of the next level (attached), they reappear, though Jevyan has an 'image not found' background. But then I see these:

20180930 11:39:02 error display: could not open image 'misc/ellipse-hero-leader-top.png'
20180930 11:39:02 error display: could not open image 'misc/ellipse-hero-leader-bottom.png'
Detected an image with bad dimensions: terrain/fire/fire-big-forest-A01.png: 144x144
20180930 11:57:12 error display: could not open image 'misc/ellipse-hero-leader-selected-top.png'
20180930 11:57:12 error display: could not open image 'misc/ellipse-hero-leader-selected-bottom.png'
20180930 12:42:48 error display: could not open image 'misc/ellipse-hero-leader-top.png'
20180930 12:42:48 error display: could not open image 'misc/ellipse-hero-leader-bottom.png'
I do have files like that, but not exactly. For example, I have misc/ellipse-hero-top.png and misc/ellipse-leader-top.png, but not misc/ellipse-hero-leader-top.png. Same for all the others, I've got hero OR leader, but not hero-leader.
Attachments
LoK-A Deadly Confluence-Auto-Save1.gz
(44.3 KiB) Downloaded 403 times
cephalo

Post by cephalo »

Are those the error logs? Can I see those on screen as the scenario loads? Where do I find those?
white_haired_uncle

They show up on the terminal where I started the game, but not on screen in the game.
white_haired_uncle

In Evacuation, when Cahal shows up, these display on the terminal. The first two also show up in the game.

Invalid WML found: [terrain_type] not supported
Invalid WML found: [terrain_type] not supported
20181001 09:06:44 warning deprecation: placement=map_passable has been deprecated and may be removed in version 1.15.0.
Please use placement=map and passable=yes instead
20181001 09:06:45 warning deprecation: placement=map_passable has been deprecated and may be removed in version 1.15.0.
20181001 09:06:46 warning deprecation: placement=map_passable has been deprecated and may be removed in version 1.15.0.

Also, one of the defeat conditions is the death of Shifty, who is not in the game. And there's an event for the last breath of Lenvan, also not in the game.
Attachments
LoK-Evacuation.gz
(20.15 KiB) Downloaded 396 times
cephalo

Post by cephalo »

I will try to revisit this when I have time. Right now I'm finishing up PerfectWorld for Civ 6. Once that's out, I will work more on this.
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

white_haired_uncle wrote: September 30th, 2018, 6:27 pm 20180930 11:39:02 error display: could not open image 'misc/ellipse-hero-leader-top.png'
20180930 11:39:02 error display: could not open image 'misc/ellipse-hero-leader-bottom.png'
I fixed an error like this recently. It was caused by changing a hero into a leader. The ellipse name is apparently auto-generated (now), and adding canrecruit=yes to a hero makes "-leader-" get added to the ellipse filename instead of having it replace "-hero-" as it used to. If this sounds like what is happening in your case, it's not hard to fix: Use a separate [modify_unit] to change the ellipse of the hero to the normal ellipse before doing any other manipulation, including adding canrecruit.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
cephalo

Post by cephalo »

Thanks! That sounds promising. I can't for the life of me remember what an 'ellipse' is in this use. Is it something relatively new? I'm very rusty with WML.
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

cephalo wrote: October 5th, 2018, 4:54 pmI can't for the life of me remember what an 'ellipse' is in this use.
It just means the team-colored ellipse that appears under a unit. (Unless you have team colors turned off in the display preferences.)
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
caoraivoso3

Post by caoraivoso3 »

white_haired_uncle wrote: September 30th, 2018, 12:55 pm BFW 1.14.4

In the dialog scene leading up to this scenario, Jevyan was invisible.

In this scenario, Ariphron is also invisible, and I can't move either.

They're in the encampment, BTW.

Checking lua scripts... ok
20180930 08:39:24 error config: Error while loading the map: Unknown tile in map: (Gd^Xff) 'Gd^Xff'
20180930 08:39:27 error config: Multiple [unit_type]s with id=Healer encountered.
this is also happening to me
cephalo

Post by cephalo »

beetlenaut wrote: October 5th, 2018, 2:21 am I fixed an error like this recently. It was caused by changing a hero into a leader. The ellipse name is apparently auto-generated (now), and adding canrecruit=yes to a hero makes "-leader-" get added to the ellipse filename instead of having it replace "-hero-" as it used to. If this sounds like what is happening in your case, it's not hard to fix: Use a separate [modify_unit] to change the ellipse of the hero to the normal ellipse before doing any other manipulation, including adding canrecruit.
It looks like the problem is in the (IS_HERO} macro. I don't remember the syntax to undo what it does. How do I set the ellipse to normal?

Thinking about it, the seems like a bug to add the name this way. I can't be the only one to change a hero into a leader. Probably should be fixed so it doesn't require an extra step.