The Library of Kratemaqht [SP Campaign]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

beetlenaut
Developer

Re: The Library of Kratemaqht [SP Campaign]

Post by beetlenaut »

cephalo wrote: October 19th, 2018, 2:12 am How do I set the ellipse to normal?
Use something like this to change a hero to a leader:

Code: Select all

[modify_unit]
      [filter]
            id=hero
      [/filter]
      ellipse="misc/ellipse"
[/modify_unit]
[modify_unit]
      [filter]
            id=hero
      [/filter]
      canrecruit=yes
[/modify_unit]
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
cephalo

Post by cephalo »

beetlenaut wrote: October 19th, 2018, 4:55 am Use something like this to change a hero to a leader:
Thanks beetlenaut! It looks like I had made an {IS_LEADER} macro that set the crown icon above the ellipse. Is that no longer necessary?

#define IS_LEADER
    # Embed this into a unit declaration to add a leader icon to the unit.
    overlays="misc/leader-crown.png"
#enddef

EDIT: Hmm, it looks like I can't get it to work. I used that technique on both Jevyan and Ariphron, since Ariphron used to be the leader I thought I would reset him too. If I remember correctly if I use the save that includes the intro graphics, it should reload the scenario right? Maybe I am still using the old broken one? How do I get a console up to see the error messages that everyone is seeing?
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

On Linux, just run it from the command line (probably /usr/local/bin/wesnoth or just wesnoth).

On Windows, try something like C:\Users\YOU\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth 1.14\logs\
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

cephalo wrote: October 19th, 2018, 10:34 pmIf I remember correctly if I use the save that includes the intro graphics, it should reload the scenario right?
Yes, but you have to reload the cache too, or you will be looking at the old one. To reload the cache, you can close and restart Wesnoth, or hit F5 while at the main menu.
cephalo wrote: October 19th, 2018, 10:34 pm It looks like I had made an {IS_LEADER} macro that set the crown icon above the ellipse. Is that no longer necessary?
That was never necessary as far as I know. Units with canrecruit=yes have always gotten a gold crown automatically.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
cephalo

Post by cephalo »

My log files don't really contain many errors. Do I need to change the verbosity of the log output? The only errors I see when loading the base scenario save are

20181020 14:17:22 error config: Multiple [unit_type]s with id=Healer encountered.
Detected an image with bad dimensions: terrain/fire/fire-big-forest-A01.png: 144x144
It will not be masked, please use: 72x72
The id=Healer has nothing to do with this scenario, and the fire-big-forest seems to be working in spite of the complaint. I don't see the errors regarding the ellipses as reported above.

Is it possible that this error is occurring in previous scenarios and exists when I [unstore] them?
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

I've since moved to 1.14.5 (from 1.14.4) on another machine and now when I load the save I attached previously from A Deadly Confluence I don't see the image not found background, but I do still get errors in the logs. I've uploaded one. You can see where I started the scenario and got a couple errors, then later selected the unit and got some more.
Attachments
wesnoth-20181020-214753-6652.log
(51.51 KiB) Downloaded 421 times
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
Drizzt_DoUrden

Post by Drizzt_DoUrden »

In the scenario loyalty's cruel reward , lrod Jevyan and Ariphron don't load properly.
“Those who rely on certainties are certain to be disappointed” - Drizzt Do'Urden
Hammerfritz

Post by Hammerfritz »

kjosh wrote: January 25th, 2019, 8:50 pm In the scenario loyalty's cruel reward , lrod Jevyan and Ariphron don't load properly.
It seems they are hidden by the game...I could mitigate this by inserting

[unhide_unit]
					race=human
				[/unhide_unit]
at the end of the first event in this scenario (or by using the "GUI debug tool" add on by SigurdFireDragon in-game). "Evacuation" is a bit more broken though, Shifty does not appear, and the enemy side does not get a castle, making Cahal the only enemy unit chasing peasants (which is pretty fun in it's own right :D).
And while I'm here I might as well leave feedback: I'm not a very good player nor one who plays many campaigns, but story-wise, this one has been the most entertaining one in ages! Difficulty normal is absolutely fine for enjoying the story, but I even changed to easy for loyalty's cruel reward because I managed to run out of time in the first try.

Greez!
In general, speaking is a free action that you can perform even when it isn’t your turn.

(Wizards of the Coast: Dungeons and Dragons Player's Handbook)
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

Hey, thanks on campaign, it is great! Will there be another part?
Darchaeopteryx

Post by Darchaeopteryx »

Great campaign! It's very enjoyable and the dragon is sick. Thanks for porting it to the new version!
sparks1154

Post by sparks1154 »

I noticed that one other player indicates that lrod Jevyan and Ariphron don't load properly. I am also having this problem in /LoK-Loyalty's Cruel Reward-Auto-Save1.gz. I have added the lines that Hammerfritz has suggested and still the characters are not visible. Wonder if there is a fix for this.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

@cephalo

I skimmed over the code and tried the first 3 scenarios. To me, this campaign looks worth maintaining.
If you like, I'm willing to take a look at the source and update whatever might need fixing codewise.
Free of charge :P
Blothren

Post by Blothren »

I just finished playing the campaign, and it was superb. Is there a sequel to it already, or it's not just me being unable to find it? If thre isn't, I really hope you will be able to do it soon!