Guide to UMC campaigns / eras

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Re: Guide to UMC campaigns

Post by Velensk »

Quick question, how do we update the wiki? Do we have to be logged into the forum or am I just missing the way you edit?
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Turuk
Sithslayer

Re: Guide to UMC campaigns

Post by Turuk »

Velensk wrote:Quick question, how do we update the wiki? Do we have to be logged into the forum or am I just missing the way you edit?
You have to be logged in to edit the wiki, and they are separate accounts currently.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
taptap

Re: Guide to UMC campaigns / eras

Post by taptap »

I believe a separate wiki page for eras may be the better choice in the long run. With all these campaigns the page is quite clunky already. It also makes it easier to keep the parallel between campaign / scenario information <-> review. Opinions anyone?

P.S. UMC content is an awkward name because of being literally "user made content content".
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

Perhaps a separate page for Eras would nice in the future, but I don't think there is enough clutter of content to warrnat that yet. Also, the current mess of the wiki would only make it more difficult to find at this point, I think.

You are right about the 'UMC Content' name, though :oops:
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

monochromatic wrote:Perhaps a separate page for Eras would nice in the future, but I don't think there is enough clutter of content to warrnat that yet. Also, the current mess of the wiki would only make it more difficult to find at this point, I think.

You are right about the 'UMC Content' name, though :oops:
Just make it Guide to User-Made Content (UMC).
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
taptap

Post by taptap »

Turuk, you are right and you could have changed that yourself. ... Moved 1.10 to a subpage and changed 1.11 to 1.12, which should be correct for most campaigns, if I understand it correctly.

Somehow, I fail to rename the page. Could someone rename it incl. the subpage to "Guide to User-Made Content (UMC)" for reduced awkwardness.
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

Elevated permissions are required to move a page, though you can technically get the same effect without them (I'm not sure if it would preserve the history though).

By the way, is there any particular reason my campaign is omitted from the 1.12 list?
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Campaigns aren't automatically placed into the wiki, they have to be manually edited in (and they aren't transferred over from old versions even if the campaign itself is updated.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

I know they're not automatically placed there, but Taptap just split the page into 1.10/1.12 sections, meaning he's solely responsible for its current content, so I wondered if he had a reason for omitting it.
taptap

Post by taptap »

Celtic_Minstrel wrote:I know they're not automatically placed there, but Taptap just split the page into 1.10/1.12 sections, meaning he's solely responsible for its current content, so I wondered if he had a reason for omitting it.
No, I am not responsible for anything, it is a wiki. I literally just moved the whole 1.10 section, which doesn't matter for most readers using 1.12.2 anymore, to a subpage. I didn't exclude anything from the page, I have just no clue which campaigns have been ported (I renamed the 1.11 section to 1.12, which is how the add-on servers work afaik). If your campaign isn't listed now, this is because it was not listed in the former second part of the page, just add again and enjoy.
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Ah, okay. I somehow missed the fact that it had already been split. I'll go ahead and do that.
taptap

Post by taptap »

Re-added the Era of Four Moons campaigns that are available under 1.12.2. Everyone please check for campaigns, that you know are available and working under 1.12.x and not yet listed again.
taptap

Post by taptap »

Bump. Is it used? Is it useful? Can we find a way to integrate recently added and to be added walkthroughs on the page?
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

Looks like there is many outdated information at there.
taptap

Post by taptap »

It is a wiki, but as always maintaining is a bigger challenge than creating. The current content is mainly from late 1.11.x that turned to 1.12. Hope the interest to update is still there.